Thread: Second Amendment Sanctuary

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Than what exactly are you asking?
    Let's grant that the bast way to stop a mass killing is to have a good guy with a gun on the scene. Are there ways we could avoid bad guys from considering getting guns or, once they have a gun, from even considering to become mass killers?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Let's grant that the bast way to stop a mass killing is to have a good guy with a gun on the scene. Are there ways we could avoid bad guys from considering getting guns or, once they have a gun, from even considering to become mass killers?
    Build a mind reading device or invent a time machine.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Build a mind reading device or invent a time machine.
    Do you understand why I keep concluding you don't want to have a discussion in good faith?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Do you understand why I keep concluding you don't want to have a discussion in good faith?
    Donít ask ridiculous questions. There is really no way to 100% determine someoneís intentions.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Donít ask ridiculous questions. There is really no way to 100% determine someoneís intentions.
    Why do you think I was asking to 100% eliminate all "bad guys with guns"? I asked if there was a better way than the mere knowledge that a good guy with a gun might be waiting for them. Can you not think of any other way to dissuade them from mass killing? Is that something we should investigate?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

7. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Right, and no one is trying to take that right away from you. No nuclear weapons for you though.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't see the second amendment as prohibiting gun restrictions. The only thing that can be argued is how restrictive such a gun restrictions should be.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    I don't see the second amendment as prohibiting gun restrictions. The only thing that can be argued is how restrictive such a gun restrictions should be.
    Exactly. they were speaking in terms of the common arms of the time which were basically single shot muskets. It said arms, but I'm sure they didn't mean nuclear weapons. Common sense.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Exactly. they were speaking in terms of the common arms of the time which were basically single shot muskets. It said arms, but I'm sure they didn't mean nuclear weapons. Common sense.
    AR15s are common arms. And remember the musket was the most advanced personal firearm of the time.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...