Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Amendment Sanctuary

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    Do localities have the right to defy state and federal laws?

Many argued that localities were overstepping their bounds when the topic was enforcement of immigration laws.

Is the second amendment the hill to stand on for Christians?
    What's your starting point? Is it a normal situation, or 'they want to destroy us'?
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    What's your starting point? Is it a normal situation, or 'they want to destroy us'?
    Do you think the survival of the church depends on the gun? Not sure why you asked that.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    False. That just the propaganda being picked up through your tin foil hat.
    Jim, as a lifelong gun control advocate, please stop doing this. MM is correct and we both know it. The abolitionists are masquerading as gun control advocates and undermining the legitimacy of gun control positions. If you (general) want to advocate for abolition, do it honestly and not behind more rational skirts.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Of course, why do you think we invented god in the first place?
    You didn't - He invented you.

6. Amen seer amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Jim, as a lifelong gun control advocate, please stop doing this. MM is correct and we both know it. The abolitionists are masquerading as gun control advocates and undermining the legitimacy of gun control positions. If you (general) want to advocate for abolition, do it honestly and not behind more rational skirts.
    I say what I mean, Tea, not what you want to think I mean. No one is trying to abolish the right of people to own guns, which should be obvious to sensible gun owners. Even your originalist Justice Scalia understood that the right wasn't unlimited.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I say what I mean, Tea, not what you want to think I mean. No one is trying to abolish the right of people to own guns, which should be obvious to sensible gun owners. Even your originalist Justice Scalia understood that the right wasn't unlimited.
    I never disputed that you speak your mind. But the claim that there is no abolition movement is patently false

I have no issue with the Second Amendment being limited. I think the Court was stupid to incorporate it. I fully support reasonable gun control. What I disagree with is misrepresenting the positions by pretending that there's no abolition movement within the gun control lobby.

If you (general) support abolition then say so. If you hold, as I do, that there should be rational and fair limitations on gun ownership then argue those limits. But the pretense that there is no abolition movement hurts gun control.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    Do you think the survival of the church depends on the gun? Not sure why you asked that.
    Remember, Jesus told his disciples to arm themselves.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    I never disputed that you speak your mind. But the claim that there is no abolition movement is patently false

I have no issue with the Second Amendment being limited. I think the Court was stupid to incorporate it. I fully support reasonable gun control. What I disagree with is misrepresenting the positions by pretending that there's no abolition movement within the gun control lobby.

If you (general) support abolition then say so. If you hold, as I do, that there should be rational and fair limitations on gun ownership then argue those limits. But the pretense that there is no abolition movement hurts gun control.
    The idea that there is an abolition movement is not supported by an iota of evidence as there is not one person who has ever advocated for the complete abolition of guns. Glad to hear you're one of those advocating for reasonable limitations.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The idea that there is an abolition movement is not supported by an iota of evidence as there is not one person who has ever advocated for the complete abolition of guns. Glad to hear you're one of those advocating for reasonable limitations.
    Two Democratic presidential candidates have advocated for abolition. Hardly the only ones. You're mistaken.

Yes, I've been a gun control advocate my entire life. Growing up around idiots that can't differentiate pets or ME from deer will do that.