Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Second Amendment Sanctuary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Tell me seer, how many kids and innocent people would it take to be gunned down before you cared enough to do something about guns?
    There is no number Jim, because it is not a gun problem. Again answer my question: what other right do you want to make more expensive and difficult to exercise?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Tell me seer, how many kids and innocent people would it take to be gunned down before you cared enough to do something about guns?
      You could arbitrarily choose any cause of death and say the exact same thing.

"How many innocent people dying from falling off ladders would it take before you cared enough to do something about ladders?"
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Do you have kids, MM. I doubt it. But how would you like it if they had to worry about the possibility of being gunned down every day while they're in school, at the mall, or at the movies. It's not just about the murders, although that's bad enough.
        I have three, I have very little worry about them being gunned down because the odds are so tiny, it’s not worth worrying about. My high school has been open since 1980 with zero mass shootings the entire school district I went to has had zero, at any campus, in its 60 years of operation. The school district my kids are in has been operating for over a century and had had zero mass shootings. You’re fear mongering because the odds are much greater that my kids will die in a car crash or medical malpractice than in a school shooting.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          You could arbitrarily choose any cause of death and say the exact same thing.

"How many innocent people dying from falling off ladders would it take before you cared enough to do something about ladders?"
          "How many kids and innocent people need to die in auto accidents before we care enough to ban cars?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            "How many kids and innocent people need to die in auto accidents before we care enough to ban cars?"
            I am sure that you are aware that when you seek to reduce a risk, you might introduce new risks which might cause you to reconsider. I am also sure you can think of instances in which cars help save lives and provide means of life, among other very useful things. Thus banning cars could actually cause more deaths. Like when some people claim that some of the mass shootings could have been prevented or stopped at an earlier point if more good people had guns.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              I am sure that you are aware that when you seek to reduce a risk, you might introduce new risks which might cause you to reconsider. I am also sure you can think of instances in which cars help save lives and provide means of life, among other very useful things. Thus banning cars could actually cause more deaths. Like when some people claim that some of the mass shootings could have been prevented or stopped at an earlier point if more good people had guns.
              Exactly. Banning guns is as stupid as banning cars. We finally agree on something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Exactly. Banning guns is as stupid as banning cars. We finally agree on something.
                I would say we agree on the method to be used. I have not said that banning guns is as stupid as banning cars, though you may wish so.
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

I would say we agree on the method to be used. I have not said that banning guns is as stupid as banning cars, though you may wish so.
                  Correct, owning and driving a car is not a Constitutional right.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Correct, owning and driving a car is not a Constitutional right.
                    That is another point, though.

Comment

That is another point, though.
                      I kind of an important one - don't you think?

Comment

It is actually so important that there was no need to manipulate the first statement I made.

Comment

It is actually so important that there was no need to manipulate the first statement I made.
                          I thought that was the point you were making? You said,
                          I am also sure you can think of instances in which cars help save lives and provide means of life, among other very useful things. Thus banning cars could actually cause more deaths. Like when some people claim that some of the mass shootings could have been prevented or stopped at an earlier point if more good people had guns.
                          comparing how banning cars could cost more lives to how banning guns could cost more lives. If that isn't what you meant then you need to be clearer in your statements.

If nobody could legally own a gun, then only criminals would have guns and we would have no defense against them.

Comment

Sure, and no one is trying to ban guns anymore than we try to ban cars.

Comment

You know that isn't true.

Comment

No you just want to tax the heck out of firearms to make them more difficult for the average working guy to buy...And again: what other right do you want to make more expensive and difficult to exercise?
                                Last edited by seer; 12-11-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment