View Poll Results: Will Democrats Succeed in Impeachment?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • They will give up, having taken their best shot

1 10.00%
  • They will proceed to a vote on formal impeachment, but will lose

2 20.00%
  • They will vote on formal impeachment, and will win

0 0%
  • They will impeach, but Senate will not remove

7 70.00%
  • They will impeach, and Senate will remove

0 0%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Did Impeachment Hearings Fail?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Why Did Impeachment Hearings Fail?

OK, so maybe you think they didn't, but something happened.

Was it Schiff's handling of the thing, being too controlling? (That's my personal choice, given that the made himself judge, jury, chief prosecutor AND media liaison.

Is, as has been suggested elsewhere on this board, that Americans are just stupid?

Current polling (and that may change) suggests the Democrats actually LOST ground by having public hearings.

Didn't they put on their most vigorous prosecution?
    Didn't they call their best witnesses?

Since impeachment is entirely a political process (in that it's run by politicians, and, in this case, is incredibly partisan) what could the Democrats have done differently to persuade America to support them in their impeachment prosecution, instead, appearing to convince Americans NOT to support impeachment?

For Bonus Points... well, let's put that in a poll...
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Interestingly enough, even Schiff seems to be rethinking impeachment.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) has been the greatest force pushing for President Donald Trump's impeachment. For two years Schiff told us the Trump campaign colluded with Russia. After Special Counsel Robert Mueller delivered his report and found that no collusion took place, Schiff then shifted his focus to Trump's call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. In that call, Trump asked Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, for corruption. After all, the vice president was handling international relations with Ukraine on behalf of the Obama administration and, at the same time, his son was being paid $50,000 a month by Burisma, a corrupt Ukrainian gas company. And Hunter had absolutely no natural energy experience.

Democrats have run with this idea that Trump threatened to withhold military aid to Ukraine unless an investigation into the Bidens took place. The released transcript showed that to be completely false and Zelensky himself said no quid pro quo took place, yet Democrats continued with their impeachment inquiry.

Now, it looks like Schiff is having a change of heart... or at least on paper.

During a Sunday morning interview with CNN's Jake Tapper, Schiff said he would have to "discuss this with my constituents and my colleagues" before deciding whether or not the House should move forward with articles of impeachment.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I suppose it depends on what you mean by "failed". If the intent was to find the truth, then they were a resounding success even if the Democrats didn't get the results they wanted (although they're probably going to vote impeach anyway).
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I suppose it depends on what you mean by "failed". If the intent was to find the truth, then they were a resounding success even if the Democrats didn't get the results they wanted (although they're probably going to vote impeach anyway).
    I was posting while you were posting -- sounds like Schiff is setting the stage for announcing "my colleagues have expressed a concern that proceeding with this impeachment may be too damaging for the country, blah blah blah...."

It will be interesting to see.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I was posting while you were posting -- sounds like Schiff is setting the stage for announcing "my colleagues have expressed a concern that proceeding with this impeachment may be too damaging for the country, blah blah blah...."

It will be interesting to see.
    I don't buy it. They're just trying to sell the impression that they're proceeding slowly and thoughtfully even though I suspect the articles of impeachment were written before the hearings even began.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Why Did Impeachment Hearings Fail?
    It's very simple. Their main mode of persuasion is the mainstream media, and Trump has thoroughly discredited Fake News.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I don't buy it. They're just trying to sell the impression that they're proceeding slowly and thoughtfully even though I suspect the articles of impeachment were written before the hearings even began.
    But that was before they saw the poll numbers swapping. They need the public support to shame their friends and enemies into doing their bidding.

8. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    But that was before they saw the poll numbers swapping. They need the public support to shame their friends and enemies into doing their bidding.
    Yup this was all about putting pressure on Republican officials and it didn't work at all. Instead of building something they can call bipartisan support for impeachment what we have instead is bipartisan support against impeachment.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

10. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    OK, so maybe you think they didn't, but something happened.

Was it Schiff's handling of the thing, being too controlling? (That's my personal choice, given that the made himself judge, jury, chief prosecutor AND media liaison.

Is, as has been suggested elsewhere on this board, that Americans are just stupid?

Current polling (and that may change) suggests the Democrats actually LOST ground by having public hearings.

Didn't they put on their most vigorous prosecution?
    Didn't they call their best witnesses?

Since impeachment is entirely a political process (in that it's run by politicians, and, in this case, is incredibly partisan) what could the Democrats have done differently to persuade America to support them in their impeachment prosecution, instead, appearing to convince Americans NOT to support impeachment?

For Bonus Points... well, let's put that in a poll...
    They didnt fail. They made quite clear what Trump did and how he did it. The question is why are so many people willing to accept a criminal as president.
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    They didnt fail. They made quite clear what Trump did and how he did it. The question is why are so many people willing to accept a criminal as president.
    Not everyone is like you, happy to toss over 200 years of jurisprudence out the window, just to get someone you despise. Some of us demand actual evidence, not second, third and even fourth hand hearsay. And some of us understand that what little direct evidence and even circumstantial evidence there is tends to exonerate Trump.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

13. Amen RumTumTugger, Christianbookworm amen'd this post.