Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Did Impeachment Hearings Fail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've long said its a waste of time, caused by the current leaders of the Democratic party searching for easy answers rather than hard changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      If you're going to try to be pedantic about our country's political system, you might want to be more clear about your claim that Trump is bulling "the US Congress" (the bicameral legislature of the federal government of the United States), which is made up of the House and the Senate. If Trump is "bullying" anybody "in Congress", it would be the House.

And, if Trump were, indeed, impeached on an incredibly partisan vote in the House*, he would probably have less than a snowball's chance of surviving in the Hot Place of being removed from office in the Senate.

*likely zero Republicans voting yes and probably some Democrats voting no
      Yes, precisely because Republicans in the House submit themselves to bullying without complaint or resistance. They know well that Trump will beat them up if they murmur the slightest criticism. In other words, Republicans are so weak in spirit that an authoritarian like Trump will easily overpower their oath of office.

The slime ball known as Lindsey Graham is particularly repulsive to watch.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
        Yes, precisely because Republicans in the House submit themselves to bullying without complaint or resistance. They know well that Trump will beat them up if they murmur the slightest criticism. In other words, Republicans are so weak in spirit that an authoritarian like Trump will easily overpower their oath of office.

You are either delusional, or one of the best satirists I have ever read. Either way, your posts are genuinely hilarious. Keep up the good work!
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          Yes, precisely because Republicans in the House submit themselves to bullying without complaint or resistance.
          At this point, even many Democrats are looking to the exit on the impeachment train. This is an unforced error on their part.

They know well that Trump will beat them up if they murmur the slightest criticism.
          Again, at this point, all they need do is step out of the way and let the Democrats self-destruct.

In other words, Republicans are so weak in spirit that an authoritarian like Trump will easily overpower their oath of office.

OK, perhaps you're not aware that you were maligning Republicans in the House, and Lindsey Graham is actually in the Senate.

Let's review....

"Congress" is made up of two assemblies, chambers or houses (bicameral), which are "the House" and "the Senate".
          Democrats control the House, and are attempting to ram this impeachment through on an incredibly partisan basis, contrary to their Speaker's claims that it MUST be bipartisan.
          Republicans control the Senate, and they are not yet in play in this impeachment sham.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            You are either delusional, or one of the best satirists I have ever read. Either way, your posts are genuinely hilarious. Keep up the good work!
            Leave him alone, he's my buddy, and he's good for the Republican cause!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

At this point, even many Democrats are looking to the exit on the impeachment train. This is an unforced error on their part.

Again, at this point, all they need do is step out of the way and let the Democrats self-destruct.

OK, perhaps you're not aware that you were maligning Republicans in the House, and Lindsey Graham is actually in the Senate.

Let's review....

"Congress" is made up of two assemblies, chambers or houses (bicameral), which are "the House" and "the Senate".
              Democrats control the House, and are attempting to ram this impeachment through on an incredibly partisan basis, contrary to their Speaker's claims that it MUST be bipartisan.
              Republicans control the Senate, and they are not yet in play in this impeachment sham.
              Your further explanation is appreciated. Schiff has been careful to prevent nutters like Nunes getting lost, down Russian disinformation rabbit holes. He’s been playing around with Lev Parnas.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Your further explanation is appreciated. Schiff has been careful to prevent nutters like Nunes getting lost, down Russian disinformation rabbit holes. He’s been playing around with Lev Parnas.
                Schiff has been particularly careful of assigning himself the role of chief prosecutor, judge, jury and --- if he had his way --- executioner.

Word has it that he was baptized as a baby in pickle juice.

Comment

Schiff has been particularly careful of assigning himself the role of chief prosecutor, judge, jury and --- if he had his way --- executioner.

Could be worse. One of the emperors of Byzantium was nicknamed "copronymous" because he pooped while being baptized (didn't help that he needed a nickname to distinguish him from the many other emperors named Constantine, and wasn't well liked).
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Could be worse. One of the emperors of Byzantium was nicknamed "copronymous" because he pooped while being baptized (didn't help that he needed a nickname to distinguish him from the many other emperors named Constantine, and wasn't well liked).
                    I really REALLY didn't need to know that.

"copronymous - the dung-named"

Comment

This is a very sick world we live in, CP. There is so much bad stuff going on, all at the same time, it is quite overwhelming. I’m not sure we can take much more. Our institutions seem far less permanent than before. I worry a lot more than I used to. The future is uncertain. Our leaders are weak. Tyrants sit down among us and block the sunlight.

Comment

This is a very sick world we live in, CP. There is so much bad stuff going on, all at the same time, it is quite overwhelming. I’m not sure we can take much more. Our institutions seem far less permanent than before. I worry a lot more than I used to. The future is uncertain. Our leaders are weak. Tyrants sit down among us and block the sunlight.
                        I can see why an atheist would find that troubling, but my hope is in the Lord. Nations will rise and fall, but His love is eternal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          I can see why an atheist would find that troubling, but my hope is in the Lord. Nations will rise and fall, but His love is eternal.
                          Religion, when misused, drugs and alcohol, all offer a means of escaping reality. I prefer to stay real and battle on. Religion can help provide moral guidance, but that is only useful if you are engaged with the world as a moral agent.

AND

Former Trump White House counsel Donald McGahn must comply with a House subpoena, a federal court ruled Monday, finding that top presidential advisers cannot ignore congressional demands for information and raising the possibility that McGahn could be forced to testify as part of the impeachment inquiry.
                          Last edited by firstfloor; 11-25-2019, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Don't get too excited. I have a feeling it will ultimately be decided by the Supreme Court.

Comment

All is well, ff - just do what I do and all will be well. Just trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

It's worked great for me for over 6 decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                                I've long said its a waste of time, caused by the current leaders of the Democratic party searching for easy answers rather than hard changes.
                                Given the slate of candidates that the Democrats have seeking the party's presidential nomination it might be that some Democrats feel that impeachment is the only way to keep Trump from being reelected in 2020. In fact, numerous Democrats. In fact, several Democrats have already made it clear that the impeachment is all about 2020. There's a great video of clips made up of Democrats letting it slip what this is all about -- keeping Trump from being elected -- but due to their crass language I cannot link to it but you can look up "New RNC ad uses Democrats' own words on impeachment against them" on YouTube

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment