Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Stupidest Brag Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    She sounds like she might fall for the "blinker fluid" prank. Get on that and report back to us.
    Hmmm.... 50 years ago, my friend, she's probably plant food by now.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I had a co-worker who related to me the story of a friend of his who put Loctite on the threads of his new spark plugs, instead of anti-seize compound. I laughed and laughed.
      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
        I had a co-worker who related to me the story of a friend of his who put Loctite on the threads of his new spark plugs, instead of anti-seize compound. I laughed and laughed.
        ouch!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"This is the greatest economy ever" IMO is his most horrendous whoppers.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            "This is the greatest economy ever" IMO is his most horrendous whoppers.
            Stock market has unarguably had the most "record highs" during his term.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              The stock market was reaching unprecedented record highs under Obama even though under his term he was dealing with one of the worst recessions in America's history, yet you and I would both agree this doesn't represent the true economy (I think something like 10% own like 90% of the market wealth -- or some crazy number like that) even though it was enough for him to claim we were recovering. Oh man, don't get me started

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                The stock market was reaching unprecedented record highs under Obama even though under his term he was dealing with one of the worst recessions in America's history, yet you and I would both agree this doesn't represent the true economy (I think something like 10% own like 90% of the market wealth -- or some crazy number like that) even though it was enough for him to claim we were recovering. Oh man, don't get me started
                No problem -- POTUS gets saddled with the bad news, and he gets to claim the good news. Trump would claim the good news even if there weren't any.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  There is no denying though that wages (once controlled for inflation) for the middle class have been stagnant since the seventies. The wealth crowth has been entirely for the rich.

Trickle-down economics is a hoax.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                    There is no denying though that wages (once controlled for inflation) for the middle class have been stagnant since the seventies. The wealth crowth has been entirely for the rich.

Trickle-down economics is a hoax.
                    I believe wages have slightly increased under Trump. In fact that might be the only difference between his economy and Obama's. But inflation has also increased, which makes any rise in wages moot. GDP is still stagnant, jobs are still low paying, manufacturing is still biting the dust, people are still saddled with debt, deficits and debt is still skyrocketing. And the federal reserve has reversed course from QT back to QE just like it was before. But, hey, I will admit, I am surprised Trump was able to sustain it this long. But greatest economy ever?

Comment

Does this explain why Trump is supported by the Christian Right?

The Last World Emperor originates in the apocalyptic sermon known as “Pseudo-Methodius,” written in Syriac between 685 and 690 after the Arab conquest of the Middle East. The prophecy speaks of a Byzantine or Roman king who would lead a successful war against the forces of Islam and establish a new era of peace. That calm would hold for a decade, at which point the forces of “Gog and Magog” would attack. Instead of resisting them, the king would travel to Mount Golgotha to lay down his crown, fulfilling the prophecy of Daniel and setting the stage for the Second Coming and a final apocalyptic battle between good and evil. The Last World Emperor and Daniel differ most notably in that the former demands a flawed secular hero as the champion. It therefore offers a model that allows the religious to cast secular political leaders as apocalyptic heroes, regardless of their personal failings.
                      - WaPo
                      https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...support-trump/
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

- WaPo
                        Negatory.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

- WaPo
                          Wowzers. I guess that's the WaPo for you

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

- WaPo
                            Tabloids rarely print the truth.

(Yes, I consider the Washington Post to be a tabloid these days.)
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Tabloids rarely print the truth.

(Yes, I consider the Washington Post to be a tabloid these days.)
                              My all time favorite is still....

Woman Gives Birth During Choir -- Baby Comes Out Singing Amazing Grace!

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                                POTUS adds to pile of ridiculous boasts by criticizing previous administration's refusal to honor the suffrage movement's 100-year anniversary earlier:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-suffrage.html

Paint chips must be tasty.
                                How about the "I'm a very stable genius." or "I know all the best words."

Comment