Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Rep Ilhan Omar is a 'Qatari Asset': Florida Court Hearing

  1. #11
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,578
    Amen (Given)
    10052
    Amen (Received)
    5774
    Real comment. Deserves investigation and otherwise withholding judgment.

    Comment I just feel like making: Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!

  2. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  3. #12
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,488
    Amen (Given)
    23
    Amen (Received)
    412
    Why are Republicans so evil?


    Twitter has shut down the accounts of Danielle Stella, a Republican challenger to Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) in Omar’s bid for reelection, after Stella twice tweeted about hanging the congresswoman.

    The campaign account for Stella, a candidate in Minnesota’s 5th Congressional District, posted Tuesday that “If it is proven @IlhanMN passed sensitive info to Iran, she should be tried for #treason and hanged.” The account later tweeted a link to a blog post about her comment and added an image of a stick-figure being hanged.

    Stella’s remark about Omar’s supposedly giving information to Iran is a reference to the baseless allegation that Qatari officials recruited the congresswoman to give intelligence to Qatar and Iran. No evidence has been offered to support that claim.
    WaPo
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  4. #13
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,182
    Amen (Given)
    12409
    Amen (Received)
    26583
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Why are Republicans so evil?
    Why do birds swim on the moon?
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  5. #14
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,941
    Amen (Given)
    2754
    Amen (Received)
    1715
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Why are Republicans so evil?

    Twitter has shut down the accounts of Danielle Stella, a Republican challenger to Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) in Omar’s bid for reelection, after Stella twice tweeted about hanging the congresswoman.

    The campaign account for Stella, a candidate in Minnesota’s 5th Congressional District, posted Tuesday that “If it is proven @IlhanMN passed sensitive info to Iran, she should be tried for #treason and hanged.” The account later tweeted a link to a blog post about her comment and added an image of a stick-figure being hanged.

    Stella’s remark about Omar’s supposedly giving information to Iran is a reference to the baseless allegation that Qatari officials recruited the congresswoman to give intelligence to Qatar and Iran. No evidence has been offered to support that claim.


    WaPo
    Said Republican challenger was arrested twice this year for shoplifting. Typical Republican criminal nutcase.

    And Republicans try and project their criminality on Omar, with the nutty Qatar/Iran accusations. It's just pathetic.

  6. #15
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,182
    Amen (Given)
    12409
    Amen (Received)
    26583
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Said Republican challenger was arrested twice this year for shoplifting. Typical Republican criminal nutcase.

    And Republicans try and project their criminality on Omar, with the nutty Qatar/Iran accusations. It's just pathetic.
    I wonder if you appear this bitter in real life.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  7. #16
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,941
    Amen (Given)
    2754
    Amen (Received)
    1715
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I wonder if you appear this bitter in real life.
    Given nobody's ever called me bitter in real life, I guess it's just you.

  8. #17
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    57,182
    Amen (Given)
    12409
    Amen (Received)
    26583
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Given nobody's ever called me bitter in real life, I guess it's just you.
    Well, nobody's ever called me bitter in real life - in fact, quite the opposite. So, maybe you're only bitter on discussion boards.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

  9. #18
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,941
    Amen (Given)
    2754
    Amen (Received)
    1715
    I'm just tired of the Republican crime syndicate and their endless criminality. Since Nixon they've become the party of doing-crimes. Here's the crimes per presidential administration:



    Overall here's the crimes per year:



    The difference between Republicans and Democrats is stark. One appears to be a crime syndicate. The other simply isn't. At what point should authorities simply declare the entire Republican party to be a corrupt criminal organisation and file a RICO suit against the entire party?

    So far in Trump's Presidency, his campaign chair has been convicted, so has his deputy campaign chair, so has his foreign policy adviser, so has his longstanding political adviser, so has his national security adviser, and so has his longtime friend and personal lawyer. And currently things are looking pretty bleak (in terms of forthcoming criminal convictions) for his longtime friend and replacement personal lawyer (Rudy). (And today I'm seeing articles saying there's now proof that Trump's Attorney General lied to congress about FBI spying, and calling for the Attorney General's impeachment.)

    And yet the Trump's administration's wanton criminality and numerous convictions across a wide range of people and charges, are normal for post-Eisenhower Republican Presidents. Since Nixon, the Republicans have been the party of wanton criminality in office. Pretty much anytime there has been any sort of investigation into any Republican officials, it seems to find prosecutable-criminality.

    And yet the ignorant and gullible Republican voters act as if it's the Democrats who are the ones doing all the crimes, when in fact the record of history shows that the Democrats almost never do any crimes ever. There was literally 40 years of Republican hysteria and investigations about the Clintons being some sort of crime overlords who did everything from killing Vince Foster to sending emails... yet nothing came of it (save finding Bill once denied an affair he'd had, like every man to ever have one). The crazy Republicans did eight investigations into Benghazi, with each investigation finding no criminal conduct by Democrats.

    And yet the Republican voters don't ever seem to learn the basic facts that their own party over and over again does criminal conduct, gets caught, and gets convicted, whereas their endless investigations into Democrats find no criminality being done by Democrats. They just endlessly spin baseless conspiracy theories about supposed Democrat crimes, with zero acknowledgement that all their conspiracy theories about Democratic crimes have been wrong for the last 40 years straight. Meanwhile they have their heads firmly in the sand about Republican convictions, Republican indictments, and alleged Republican criminal conduct.

    And their latest trick appears to be projecting onto random democrats whatever crimes Republicans appear to have done. In this instance, Trump and Kushner's dealings with the Gulf nations look pretty criminal, so someone's picked Dem Ilhan Omar, and claimed it's Totally Her who has criminal dealings with the Gulf nations. And the gullible Republican base laps up this latest baseless conspiracy, while ignoring their own side's crimes. I'm not bitter, I'm just disgusted by the endless criminality of Republicans. My father has worked in white-collar law enforcement for 30 years and so growing up I learned a love for justice and an understanding of why it is important for society that people in power not get away with crimes. The Republican base's willingness to let their party's endless crimes go unexamined and unpunished is shocking and horrifying to me, as is their love of crazy conspiracy theories that imagine all sorts of crimes being done by Democrats which never turn out to be true. And that they never seem to learn from this is quite frustrating to me as a scientist myself, because learning from the data is a core element in rational thought, so I find the Republican base's sheer irrationality stunning.

  10. #19
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,186
    Amen (Given)
    224
    Amen (Received)
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    I'm just tired of the Republican crime syndicate and their endless criminality. Since Nixon they've become the party of doing-crimes. Here's the crimes per presidential administration:



    Overall here's the crimes per year:



    The difference between Republicans and Democrats is stark. One appears to be a crime syndicate. The other simply isn't. At what point should authorities simply declare the entire Republican party to be a corrupt criminal organisation and file a RICO suit against the entire party?

    So far in Trump's Presidency, his campaign chair has been convicted, so has his deputy campaign chair, so has his foreign policy adviser, so has his longstanding political adviser, so has his national security adviser, and so has his longtime friend and personal lawyer. And currently things are looking pretty bleak (in terms of forthcoming criminal convictions) for his longtime friend and replacement personal lawyer (Rudy). (And today I'm seeing articles saying there's now proof that Trump's Attorney General lied to congress about FBI spying, and calling for the Attorney General's impeachment.)

    And yet the Trump's administration's wanton criminality and numerous convictions across a wide range of people and charges, are normal for post-Eisenhower Republican Presidents. Since Nixon, the Republicans have been the party of wanton criminality in office. Pretty much anytime there has been any sort of investigation into any Republican officials, it seems to find prosecutable-criminality.

    And yet the ignorant and gullible Republican voters act as if it's the Democrats who are the ones doing all the crimes, when in fact the record of history shows that the Democrats almost never do any crimes ever. There was literally 40 years of Republican hysteria and investigations about the Clintons being some sort of crime overlords who did everything from killing Vince Foster to sending emails... yet nothing came of it (save finding Bill once denied an affair he'd had, like every man to ever have one). The crazy Republicans did eight investigations into Benghazi, with each investigation finding no criminal conduct by Democrats.

    And yet the Republican voters don't ever seem to learn the basic facts that their own party over and over again does criminal conduct, gets caught, and gets convicted, whereas their endless investigations into Democrats find no criminality being done by Democrats. They just endlessly spin baseless conspiracy theories about supposed Democrat crimes, with zero acknowledgement that all their conspiracy theories about Democratic crimes have been wrong for the last 40 years straight. Meanwhile they have their heads firmly in the sand about Republican convictions, Republican indictments, and alleged Republican criminal conduct.

    And their latest trick appears to be projecting onto random democrats whatever crimes Republicans appear to have done. In this instance, Trump and Kushner's dealings with the Gulf nations look pretty criminal, so someone's picked Dem Ilhan Omar, and claimed it's Totally Her who has criminal dealings with the Gulf nations. And the gullible Republican base laps up this latest baseless conspiracy, while ignoring their own side's crimes. I'm not bitter, I'm just disgusted by the endless criminality of Republicans. My father has worked in white-collar law enforcement for 30 years and so growing up I learned a love for justice and an understanding of why it is important for society that people in power not get away with crimes. The Republican base's willingness to let their party's endless crimes go unexamined and unpunished is shocking and horrifying to me, as is their love of crazy conspiracy theories that imagine all sorts of crimes being done by Democrats which never turn out to be true. And that they never seem to learn from this is quite frustrating to me as a scientist myself, because learning from the data is a core element in rational thought, so I find the Republican base's sheer irrationality stunning.
    The fact many house members are millionaires who do absolutely nothing but career politicking in and of itself is pretty evident of systemic corruption. Look at the (alleged) campaign funding scandals surrounding Omar and AOC, and they're just freshman. Someone like McConnell or Pelosi goes without saying, yet pretty much no one's naive about this.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  11. #20
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,411
    Amen (Given)
    1785
    Amen (Received)
    1516
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    Full deposition naming Omar also names Sarsour and Kushner as Qatari assets

    "We recruited both, Republicans and Democrats, but that's not good enough. We want to rule the White House," the Qataris allegedly said.

    By DONNA RACHEL EDMUNDS
    NOVEMBER 27, 2019 01:18

    Explosive testimony given in a Florida court, naming Ilhan Omar as a Qatari asset, also implicated a number of other prominent American citizens, including political activist Linda Sarsour and senior advisor to United States President Donald Trump, Jared Kushner.

    I literally laughed out loud at the thought of Qatari ministers trying to get a Kuwaiti-born Canadian to recruit American politicians. Qatar, target of the GCC embargo in 2017, recruiting a Kuwaiti. High officials, even. That's some seriously slack-jawed goobering, preacher.
    He does try hard though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •