Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Distances Himself from Guiliani

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Trump Distances Himself from Guiliani

Even if you like Trump, you have have to wonder why he's now claiming he doesn't know what Guiliani was doing in Ukraine:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-d...raine-efforts/

He mentioned Guiliani in the Zelenskyy phone call, so how could he now be clueless as to what Guiliani was doing in Ukraine? Moreover, Guiliani has emphatically stated that the state department directed him to sniff around there. How could Trump not know what his own state department was directing his personal lawyer to do?

Some claim that this impeachment is all about Dems being butthurt for losing, and the have a point but it's weak since every losing party is butthurt for losing. What was Ken Starr's Whitewater investigation but a years-long exercise in butthurt revenge politics that ultimately gained no impeachment traction? What was Bengazi?

Although Trump will skate into 2020 (just as Clinton and Obama skated into their second terms), history will judge him poorly for shooting himself in the foot so repeatedly. If he does, in fact, lose to a competent Dem candidate, it will be because of non-bootlicking voters who've had it with trying to defend him.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Even if you like Trump,
    I don't.

you have have to wonder why he's now claiming he doesn't know what Guiliani was doing in Ukraine:
    If he's distancing himself from Rudy, I don't see any other explanation than he's saving his own skin.
    DuckDuckGo - Privacy Simplified

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I don't.
    I know you don't. It was him or Hillary. I get that.

What if Tulsi Gabbard miraculously catches fire in 2020? Still Trump?

If he's distancing himself from Rudy, I don't see any other explanation than he's saving his own skin.
    But still it's an odd move, since he explicitly references Guiliani on the Ukraine call and Guiliani insisted he has texts from the state department telling him to go to the Ukraine.

"Can a president be impeached for incompetence?" Trump once tweeted that. It's a great question.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    I know you don't. It was him or Hillary. I get that.

What if Tulsi Gabbard miraculously catches fire in 2020? Still Trump?
    Or Pence?

But still it's an odd move, since he explicitly references Guiliani on the Ukraine call and Guiliani insisted he has texts from the state department telling him to go to the Ukraine.

"Can a president be impeached for incompetence?" Trump once tweeted that. It's a great question.
    Trump frequently says things for illogical reasons - sometimes just to tweak somebody's nose, sometimes, I think, to send the media off scurrying in a different direction, maybe to get the attention back on himself -- I pretty much gave up trying to figure out what he says.

I look more at what he does.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    He has that propensity. After being on record claiming his admiration for wikileaks and Assange over and over during the election, his only comeback when asked about the arrest of Assange is to claim he knows nothing about wikileaks

I think Hollywood rubbed off on him because that sort of thing is typical in that community.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

6. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    But Rudy has insurance!
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    But Rudy has insurance!
    And if he gets disappeared, it will be released!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And if he gets disappeared, it will be released!
    Or suicided.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I suppose the first question is whether or not Trump directed Giuliani to visit Ukraine. As far as I know, Giuliani has always given the impression in interviews that he was acting on his own. That's also the impression I got from this investigative report published about two-months ago:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...erture-to-rudy
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I suppose the first question is whether or not Trump directed Giuliani to visit Ukraine. As far as I know, Giuliani has always given the impression in interviews that he was acting on his own. That's also the impression I got from this investigative report published about two-months ago:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...erture-to-rudy
    That doesnít explain Trumpís fake ignorance of Guilianiís Ukrainian trips. Obviously a lawyer would make his client aware of what heís doing to be cautious about seeming violation of Hatch Act.