Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Random movie questions

  1. #1
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    21,113
    Amen (Given)
    16034
    Amen (Received)
    9779

    Random movie questions

    Just watched Thunderball for the who-knows-how-many-nth time.

    Noticed at the end that 3 people jumped off the soon-to-crash half-yacht. 2 of them climbed into a lifeboat and were picked up by an airplane that grabbed onto a goofy red dirigible that Bond and the girl du jour were attached to from the lifeboat with a ropy thing.

    I saw the third guy land in the water near Bond and the girl.

    He didn't climb into the lifeboat nor was he attached to the dirigible thingy to be picked up by a passing plane.

    WHAT HAPPENED to the third guy????????????????????


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  2. #2
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,794
    Amen (Given)
    1145
    Amen (Received)
    19813
    He was written out of the script.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  3. #3
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,594
    Amen (Given)
    10055
    Amen (Received)
    5777

  4. #4
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    21,113
    Amen (Given)
    16034
    Amen (Received)
    9779
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    He was written out of the script.
    He wasn't wearing a red jumper. And it was the very end of the movie.

    That water was shark infested! I mean, that guy saved the girl du jour and I think that Bond, James Bond should have helped that guy into the lifeboat at the very least so that somebody could come and pick him up later if the red dirigible thingy wasn't strong enough for 3 people!

    Oh, the humanity!


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  5. #5
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,794
    Amen (Given)
    1145
    Amen (Received)
    19813
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    He wasn't wearing a red jumper. And it was the very end of the movie.

    That water was shark infested! I mean, that guy saved the girl du jour and I think that Bond, James Bond should have helped that guy into the lifeboat at the very least so that somebody could come and pick him up later if the red dirigible thingy wasn't strong enough for 3 people!

    Oh, the humanity!
    This was well before Star Trek made someone wearing a red shirt cannon fodder and it is never too late to be written out of the script. Besides, how could Bond get romantic with the girl du jour with some other guy in the raft with them?

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  6. #6
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    21,113
    Amen (Given)
    16034
    Amen (Received)
    9779
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    This was well before Star Trek made someone wearing a red shirt cannon fodder and it is never too late to be written out of the script. Besides, how could Bond get romantic with the girl du jour with some other guy in the raft with them?

    Bond and the girl were lifted out of the raft within about a minute.

    They could have left that poor other guy in the raft to be picked up by a random other boat.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  7. #7
    radical strawberry
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Humanist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,560
    Amen (Given)
    479
    Amen (Received)
    1077
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Bond and the girl were lifted out of the raft within about a minute.

    They could have left that poor other guy in the raft to be picked up by a random other boat.
    He had a life preserver. Bond and the girl jumped out of the boat just in front of the rocks, after the other guy jumped, so the raft was between other guy and the rocks. Nothing keeping other guy from climbing on to either one.

    And sharks need to eat.

  8. #8
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    21,113
    Amen (Given)
    16034
    Amen (Received)
    9779
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    He had a life preserver. Bond and the girl jumped out of the boat just in front of the rocks, after the other guy jumped, so the raft was between other guy and the rocks. Nothing keeping other guy from climbing on to either one.

    And sharks need to eat.
    But they didn't show what happened!

    That poor, poor other guy!



    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  9. #9
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,594
    Amen (Given)
    10055
    Amen (Received)
    5777
    He saw Bond get the girl, got mad and swam home - you know what men are like when they pout...

  10. #10
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    21,113
    Amen (Given)
    16034
    Amen (Received)
    9779
    I don't know.

    None of these responses are satisfying my burning curiosity.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •