Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Majority of Republicans polled think Trump better than Lincoln

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Since it's protected by a paywall, I'll just dismiss it out of hand as the typical foolish bleatings of a butt-hurt Bush-baby neocon Never-Trumper. Pretty much what I likely would have done even if I'd read it.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

2. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Since it's protected by a paywall, I'll just dismiss it out of hand as the typical foolish bleatings of a butt-hurt Bush-baby neocon Never-Trumper. Pretty much what I likely would have done even if I'd read it.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

4. Amen KingsGambit amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    No matter where you live in the South you cannot escape the South. I do live in Hillsborough, NC a blue island in a sea of red.
    Is it as blue as, say, Carrboro? Just out of curiosity.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Irrelevant, many in the South are still butt hurt for Lincolns leadership in crushing the Souths treasonous insurrection regardless of his post war policy. There are still a lot of John Wilkes Booth types in the South, the Klan, confederate flag wavers, racists, i.e. Lincoln haters, and though their ilk is waning they continue to make themselves known.
    Come down here and say that.

Mind you, you'll just embarrass yourself again, but if you actually believe that drivel, come down here and say it to our faces.

We probably won't laugh more than five minutes, honest. Well, the black folks might - that last bit was overly stupid. They wouldn't stay here if that garbage were true.

War ended 155 years ago. Jim Crow ended more than 60 years ago. But haters gotta hate, I suppose. Pity you haven't looked in a mirror to say that crap - maybe you'd realize your the one filled with hate.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    That would be amusing since Eisenhower was about as conservative as they come. Reagan, Nixon and the Bushes each expanded government more than Eisenhower. And it was Eisenhower who warned future generations about entrenched bureaucrats and getting involved in useless wars.

If any of those Republicans were RINOs it would be Nixon. He was a liberal by almost any standard.
    Eisenhower was a middle of the roader, a moderate, who in this modern day republican party would be considered a Rino. Even Reagan would be a Rino by todays republian standards. Nixon, the "I am not a crook" crook, he'd probably fit right in.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Eisenhower was a middle of the roader, a moderate, who in this modern day republican party would be considered a Rino.
    In other words, today's nutty out-of-touch Democrats would be screaming "RIGHT WING EXTREMIST".

Even Reagan would be a Rino by todays republian standards. Nixon, the "I am not a crook" crook, he'd probably fit right in.
    You just added this in there to prove your bubble status, eh?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

9. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Lilpix, comprehension, comprehension, learn to read! This is about Southern Conservatives and their feelings toward Lincoln, not about the South and it's feelings about America.
    The South is overwhelmingly conservative - and the South, conservative and liberal, has a positive view of Lincoln.

Stop sticking your foot in your mouth and it won't hurt so much getting it back out.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    China was fairly well contained until Bill Clinton granted them "favored nation" status, and it was right around then that "Made in China" started to dominate store shelves. Ever since Trump took office, I've started seeing more "Made in America" labels, and we'll be in better shape once the House gets off the impeachment bandwagon and approves the US/Mexico/Canada trade agreement.
    True, Clinton threw open the door, but Nixon cracked it open.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Eisenhower was a middle of the roader, a moderate, who in this modern day republican party would be considered a Rino. Even Reagan would be a Rino by todays republian standards. Nixon, the "I am not a crook" crook, he'd probably fit right in.
    I don't know where you are accessing this "today's Republican standard". No matter who the subject is, there is always someone further to the right or left to call them a RINO or a DINO. Myself being a Libertarian, I'll let your party decide who is/is not Republican enough.

From my perspective, based on performance as Commander in Chief, Eisenhower was more conservative than any of his successors from either party.

13. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I did a quick search of liberal talking points for anything upon which that oculd be based, and came up completely empty.

I DO remember that's one of the reasons my Dad first began thinking about voting Republican!
    IMO, Calvin Coolidge was probably the most conservative of any WH occupant. I'm not sure a succeeding president could be so hands-off as he was, as things are so much more complicated today.

15. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.