Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Judiciary announces impeachment witnesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny how Democrats only ever find their "principles" when there's a Republican to crucify.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      You obviously weren't paying attention,
      I was.

or didn't watch at all,
      I did.

and are simply parroting the right wing talking head propagandists.
      I'm not.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Also, the Democrats are not at all confident about impeachment succeeding.
        Sure they are. I'd say they're 99.9% suckered into thinking that impeachment will succeed.

As a matter of fact the thought is more that the Senate will not convict,
        You're getting confused again -- Trump can be successfully impeached by the House, as was Clinton, but not removed by the Senate, like Clinton.

but doing the right thing ....
        This isn't about "doing the right thing" -- it's doing what they think will keep their sorry butts in power, and ANYTHING to get rid of Trump. Only the residents of their bubble think they're "doing the right thing".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well, you've been wrong in all of your predictions so far, Tea, why stop now.
          Inversion. "He's going down this time, really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!', how has that worked out for you?
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Also, the Democrats are not at all confident about impeachment succeeding. As a matter of fact the thought is more that the Senate will not convict, but doing the right thing doesn't always mean it will be a benefit to you. That's the difference between the two parties at this time, the Dems are principled patriots, the Republicans are unprincipled power mongers.
            The Dems knew from the start they had to have substantive evidence rather than innuendo and hearsay - and they didn't even try to supply it. They knew they'd have to fight exec privilege - they never even brought suit. They knew what it would take - a smoking gun rather than a pile of poop - yet provided a three ring circus instead.

The Dems are corrupt traitors apparently trying to hide decades of wrongdoing. We'll find out what the Republicans are made of at trial - assuming Pelosi succeeds in selling out her own party.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I was.

I did.

I'm not.
              No you didn't watch it all, you already admitted to that previously, CP.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Sure they are. I'd say they're 99.9% suckered into thinking that impeachment will succeed.
                That just goes to show you have no idea what you're talking about, it's highly unlikely that the Senate will convict, and just about everybody is aware of that.

You're getting confused again -- Trump can be successfully impeached by the House, as was Clinton, but not removed by the Senate, like Clinton.
                That's what I said, oh confused one, the Senate will most likely not convict.

This isn't about "doing the right thing" -- it's doing what they think will keep their sorry butts in power, and ANYTHING to get rid of Trump. Only the residents of their bubble think they're "doing the right thing".
                Sure, CP.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  The Dems knew from the start they had to have substantive evidence rather than innuendo and hearsay - and they didn't even try to supply it.
                  And they do have very substantial evidence, overwhelming evidence, but you will never admit to that to yourself.

They knew they'd have to fight exec privilege
                  You mean executive obstruction, Tea. Not a reason to not protect and defend the Constitution.

- they never even brought suit. They knew what it would take - a smoking gun rather than a pile of poop - yet provided a three ring circus instead.
                  Well, they knew that they would not easily convince the die hard Trumpsters, or get the unprincipled Republican Senate to convict, but again, not a reason to not protect and defend the Constitution from a lawless ignoramus.
                  The Dems are corrupt traitors apparently trying to hide decades of wrongdoing. We'll find out what the Republicans are made of at trial - assuming Pelosi succeeds in selling out her own party.
                  We already know the character of most Republicans in Congress, they've exhibited it throughout, and it ain't a pretty picture.

Comment

That just goes to show you have no idea what you're talking about, it's highly unlikely that the Senate will convict, and just about everybody is aware of that.
                    Woah, back up ..... the impeachment can still be successful without the Senate convicting --- Trump will go down in history as having been impeached.

That's what I said, oh confused one, the Senate will most likely not convict.
                    Impeachment and Conviction are two different things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Woah, back up ..... the impeachment can still be successful without the Senate convicting --- Trump will go down in history as having been impeached.
                      Doesn't matter, we would still have a lawless president, with nothing in his way now to stop him. I doubt he would care about history, or like Atty Gen Barr said when asked about his place in history "what do I care, I'll be dead."

Impeachment and Conviction are two different things.
                      Correct. And the Senate is the court, Senators the jury,

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Doesn't matter...
                        This is what you say when you mean, "oh, yeah, I was wrong".

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          And the first impeached President to be re-elected.

The Dems are using this as a means to de-legitimize Trump so he will lose the election but I think it will backfire.

I find it ironic that their case against Trump is that he is using his authority to undermine the next election when that is exactly what they are doing now with this impeachment, and have been doing since before Trump was even elected with the fake Russian conspiracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            And the first impeached President to be re-elected.

The Dems are using this as a means to de-legitimize Trump so he will lose the election but I think it will backfire.

I find it ironic that their case against Trump is that he is using his authority to undermine the next election when that is exactly what they are doing now with this impeachment, and have been doing since before Trump was even elected with the fake Russian conspiracy.
                            They were talking about impeachment before he was even sworn into office. Some conspiracy nutters were convinced that Trump was going to be arrested immediately after he took the oath, would be impeached and removed, and then Mike Pence would be sworn in as president that same day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Some conspiracy nutters were convinced that Trump was going to be arrested immediately after he took the oath, would be impeached and removed, and then Mike Pence would be sworn in as president that same day.
                              You mean JimL?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                You mean JimL?
                                Did he ever promote that belief?

Comment