Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Judiciary announces impeachment witnesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Yeah, the republicans should have had you in there to rebut the Constitutional scholars.
    You mean the leftist advocates who were there under the guise of representing the Constitution, but were really there pushing for impeachment.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

This sort of silliness is why I almost never even bother to read what you, FF, and The Jims write....
      Hey, Bucko, FF is my friend, and the only SANE one among them! Watch how you talk about him!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They are not there to show balance, CP, they're there to give their perspective as Constitutional scholars ...
        And they failed miserably at that, they advocated for impeachment - full speed ahead! YES!!! Onward through the fog!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
          Well I’d rather the legislative control the executive than the other way around. If you give one person so much power then I believe that person should also be very conscious of the fact that they can be removed for misusing those powers. It would make them think twice about potential misuse and force them to be more transparent in their actions. You could characterise it as making it easier but it’s about making them accountable.

How do you judge when it’s the most dire of circumstances? Do you wait until Rome is literally on fire before thinking ‘maybe we should start impeachment...’? Isn’t that the reason the founders have the house the sole power of impeachment? Left it up to them to decide when enough was enough?

If it’s healthy for them to hold on to as much power then you should support the impeachment hearings. You don’t have to support the evidence and should by all means voice disagreement of it if that’s how you feel but by attacking it as illegitimate or a sham etc only serves to weaken this congressional power.
          No, absolutely not. The Constitution sets up checks and balances between the branches and the state and Fed - impeachment is a last resort, not a cudgel.

I think you're mistaking investigation into allegations for impeachment - akin to confusing police investigation for presentation to a grand jury. Few Americans oppose lawful investigation (we do have problems with weaponized investigation) into a matter of concern; most have major issues with dragging people before a grand jury on a fact finding tour.

The current inquiry is most like the Keystone cops before a crooked judge - hence not playing at all well in the heartland.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            That's a nice story, but it would have to actually be proven in otrder to stand up in court.
            It would have to be proven to in so far as the Senate is convinced by the evidence, but being that the Senate is majority unprincipled republicans, like you, no amount of evidence is likely to get them to admit to the truth and convict. If that be the case, it'll be up to the good people, the patriots, the lovers of democracy and the Constitution, to do the right thing in 2020.

Comment

It would have to be proven to in so far as the Senate is convinced by the evidence, but being that the Senate is majority unprincipled republicans, like you....
              Jim, this is a classic mark of somebody locked in a bubble - that you believe that the Democrats in the House are principled and the Republicans in the Senate are not. (There's probably at least one principled politician in each group. )

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                And they failed miserably at that, they advocated for impeachment - full speed ahead! YES!!! Onward through the fog!!!!
                Yes, they advocated for impeachment because that is what the Constitution calls for. But do continue in your defense of the lawless trampler of that Constitution.

Comment

Hey, Bucko, FF is my friend, and the only SANE one among them! Watch how you talk about him!
                  You've stopped reading his posts, huh?
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    It would have to be proven to in so far as the Senate is convinced by the evidence, but being that the Senate is majority unprincipled republicans, like you, no amount of evidence is likely to get them to admit to the truth and convict. If that be the case, it'll be up to the good people, the patriots, the lovers of democracy and the Constitution, to do the right thing in 2020.
                    That's right, Jimmy, keep spouting that talking point so when the Senate finds no reason to convict, you can stand on the rooftops and scream, "Coverup!" until you're hoarse.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yes, they advocated for impeachment because that is what the Constitution calls for.
                      The Constitution absolutely does NOT "call for impeachment" - it simply provides it as a remedy in extreme cases.

But do continue in your defense of the lawless trampler of that Constitution.
                      Well, I see you're going to continue your juvenile false accusations, so...

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        You've stopped reading his posts, huh?
                        I overlook his posts and ignore his glaring errors, because that's what friends do!

Comment

Jim, this is a classic mark of somebody locked in a bubble - that you believe that the Democrats in the House are principled and the Republicans in the Senate are not. (There's probably at least one principled politician in each group. )
                          No, actually their stances in this impeachment inquiry is indicative of, and distinguishes between, the principled and the unprincipled, and the principled ones are the defenders of Democracy and the Constitution, the unprincipled are the defenders of the lawless, treasonous, wannabe dictator.

Comment

The Democrats are corrupt - and you're supporting them. The 'evidence' is garbage - and the Senate trial will be brutal because real evidence, fair procedures and transparency will show exactly how corrupt the Dems are to the American people.

I've seen estimates of upwards of fifty vulnerable seats - the Dems have one day left to pull a rabbit out of this hat - then if their own members don't revolt they will commit political hari-kari.

Failed coup.
                            Failed investigations.
                            Failed party.

Only the true blue lemmings still buy into this nonsense - and you guys will simply blindly follow your evil, corrupt party over the cliff.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

No, actually their stances in this impeachment inquiry is indicative of, and distinguishes between, the principled and the unprincipled, and the principled ones are the defenders of Democracy and the Constitution, the unprincipled are the defenders of the lawless, treasonous, wannabe dictator.
                              In other words, the Democrats are doing what you want, and the Republicans oppose what you want. CLASSIC signs of bubble thinking.

Comment

I overlook his posts and ignore his glaring errors, because that's what friends do!
                                "Wounds from a friend..."

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment