Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 724

Thread: Little Greta comes clean

  1. #21
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    21,368
    Amen (Given)
    16213
    Amen (Received)
    9919
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    As opposed to the anti-science fanatical anti-environmentalists. It's because of mindsets like yours, who for some odd reason seem to think they know more than the scientists, that we are now near the point of no return when it comes to the oncoming climate disaster. I'm sure your kids and grand kids will thank you for their futures.
    Blah, blah, blah. That is such an old, useless canard, Jim. Can't think of anything better than insults. Too bad.

    And I'm sure that lots of scientists are equally as certain that AGW is not a thing. Oh, but wait. They are all drummed out of positions of authority because they don't tow the environmental party line.
    Last edited by mossrose; 12-04-2019 at 07:44 AM.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  2. #22
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,354
    Amen (Given)
    469
    Amen (Received)
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Blah, blah, blah. That is such an old, useless canard, Jim. Can't think of anything better than insults. Too bad.

    And I'm sure that lots of scientists are equally as certain that AGW is not a thing. Oh, but wait. They are all drummed out of positions of authority because they don't tow the environmental party line.

    Guess what. You are out of this thread, too. I don't care if everybody who disagrees with me stays out. I'm sick of you all and your insults and your fingers in your ears attitudes.
    How did he insult you and why are you overreacting so much?

  3. #23
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    21,368
    Amen (Given)
    16213
    Amen (Received)
    9919
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    How did he insult you and why are you overreacting so much?
    He implied that I personally am ruining the environment for my children and grandchildren. And I am reacting because, as I said, I am sick of the insults and attitudes of people with whom I disagree.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  4. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  5. #24
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,531
    Amen (Given)
    262
    Amen (Received)
    1058
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    How did he insult you and why are you overreacting so much?
    It's always extreme insult hyperbole with JimL. It's always conservative conspiracies of brainwashing if you disagree with my politics, or Russian propaganda conspiracies, or anti-environmentalists. If you're skeptical of absurd Green New Deal policies mixed in with climate change hysteria, you're an anti-environmentalist who doesn't care about the future of your children.

    That's the reaction you expect from cult-like fanatics.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  6. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
  7. #25
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,125
    Amen (Given)
    2785
    Amen (Received)
    1753
    Some girl cares about more than one political issue...

    ...therefore all environmentalists ever are phony / global warming is false / conservatives are right about everything?

  8. #26
    tWebber MaxVel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    It's hot!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,516
    Amen (Given)
    1094
    Amen (Received)
    1703
    Some girl makes a big deal over a hot-button issue...

    ... therefore everyone else should drop all their objections, shut their mouths, and get with the program already. After all it's for the children... ... it's their future, right?
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

  9. #27
    tWebber Starlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,125
    Amen (Given)
    2785
    Amen (Received)
    1753
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    Some girl makes a big deal over a hot-button issue...

    ... therefore everyone else should drop all their objections, shut their mouths, and get with the program already.
    In general no. Climate change is a fact as shown by the oodles of evidence regardless of what some girl I hadn't heard of before a few months ago says or doesn't say.

    In a general sense I strongly support political activism as part of my support for democracy - people ought to care about the world around them and be involved in shaping it. And it's nice if activists can affect hearts and minds, and I strongly support them doing so. But in general, as a scientist myself, I would never suggest anyone believe something major just cos one person told them it was true or gave a convincing speech. But if some girl can give a convincing speech that makes people change their minds away from buying into false propaganda paid for by fossil fuel companies about climate change being a hoax, then that's nice. It's always nice to see people deprogrammed from believing crazy things.

    After all it's for the children... ... it's their future, right?
    Well I like to think I'm young enough that it's my future. But in general I do think it's a moral responsibility to care about what sort of world we are leaving to future generations, and I do see a moral issue with us taking actions that advantage ourselves in the short term and hurt them in the long term.
    Last edited by Starlight; 12-04-2019 at 01:15 AM.

  10. Amen Rushing Jaws, Ana Dragule amen'd this post.
  11. #28
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,336
    Amen (Given)
    1170
    Amen (Received)
    20408
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    Some girl makes a big deal over a hot-button issue...

    ... therefore everyone else should drop all their objections, shut their mouths, and get with the program already. After all it's for the children... ... it's their future, right?
    00000000000000aaa3c.gif

    She is becoming a cult figure.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

  12. #29
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,531
    Amen (Given)
    262
    Amen (Received)
    1058
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    In general no. Climate change is a fact as shown by the oodles of evidence regardless of what some girl I hadn't heard of before a few months ago says or doesn't say.

    In a general sense I strongly support political activism as part of my support for democracy - people ought to care about the world around them and be involved in shaping it. And it's nice if activists can affect hearts and minds, and I strongly support them doing so. But in general, as a scientist myself, I would never suggest anyone believe something major just cos one person told them it was true or gave a convincing speech. But if some girl can give a convincing speech that makes people change their minds away from buying into false propaganda paid for by fossil fuel companies about climate change being a hoax, then that's nice. It's always nice to see people deprogrammed from believing crazy things.

    Well I like to think I'm young enough that it's my future. But in general I do think it's a moral responsibility to care about what sort of world we are leaving to future generations, and I do see a moral issue with us taking actions that advantage ourselves in the short term and hurt them in the long term.
    That it's become a sanctimonious, hypocritical, judgemental cult intermingled with absurd sociopolitical and unattainable economic proposals is doing more harm than fossil fuel company funding could ever do. That's why it'll never be accepted regardless of the science behind it.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  13. #30
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,336
    Amen (Given)
    1170
    Amen (Received)
    20408
    Looks like Climate Change pays pretty well


    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •