Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Little Greta comes clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    But I'm much better looking than you!
    I know fake news when I hear it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

But I'm much better looking than you!
      This is about me, isn't it?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm not MM, but before your supernova what does God to the earth and its people with the judgement of the seven angels?
        Seer, my reference to a supernova is a comparison. It says the earth will be melted with a fervent heat and a new heaven and earth created. A supernova would do that is all I'm saying. We, mankind, are not capable of melting the entire earth with a fervent heat (though we could lay waste large sections of it in a full out nuclear war)
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I bet that in school, Chuck was the weaselly little kid who whispered in people's ears, "Did you hear what Brad said about you? Are you gonna take that? You need to teach him a lesson" then stood by and giggled when they fought each other.

That is what he is doing on tweb. Just trying to instigate fights.
          Asking for reasons and providing arguments and pointing out fallacies is not to instigate fights. And I fail to see why adressing a point made in an open forum should be a problem. If you have not noticed you are often among those who "get in between" in this context. I am not interested in any fight, I just would like to see CP support his claim.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
            Asking for reasons and providing arguments and pointing out fallacies is not to instigate fights. And I fail to see why adressing a point made in an open forum should be a problem. If you have not noticed you are often among those who "get in between" in this context. I am not interested in any fight, I just would like to see CP support his claim.
            Why?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              It was the phrase I was disputing, Jim, which is why I quoted it ver batim.

But the phrase I objected to?

Personally, I do what I can about the environment within my control, Jim, but my greater emphasis is on the eternal, for what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world but lose his soul?
              I did not regard a literal quote of the phrase a necessary precondition. I'm talking about the same or similar meaning.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                Seer, my reference to a supernova is a comparison. It says the earth will be melted with a fervent heat and a new heaven and earth created. A supernova would do that is all I'm saying. We, mankind, are not capable of melting the entire earth with a fervent heat (though we could lay waste large sections of it in a full out nuclear war)
                God could destroy the universe with a word. It doesn't have to necessarily be a natural occurrence that can be explained by science.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I did not regard a literal quote of the phrase a necessary precondition. I'm talking about the same or similar meaning.
                  I think this is part of why discussions with you can be unpleasant, Jim.... here is what I said...
                  Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I can't prove a negative, Charles. But I know LOTS of Christians, and am very much involved in the leadership of the largest protestant denomination in the US --- This notion Christians believe that "don't worry, God will just take care of it, Jesus will return before things get too bad" is just nutty. I don't know a single person who advocates that.

It would be up to Tassman to prove that this is actually a common notion among Christians.

Note the part that I said was nutty, to which you responded....
                  Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  No - it's not nutty CP.....

It is nuttier than fruitcake, Jim, to think that Christians in general believe "don't worry, God will just take care of it, Jesus will return before things get too bad".

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    God could destroy the universe with a word. It doesn't have to necessarily be a natural occurrence that can be explained by science.
                    True, but then again, God does often work though nature as opposed to against it. So we have no way of knowing if the end of this earth is a planned part of the natural creation or something outside possibke natural causes.

But my original point is that the sort of destruction we can inflict on the earth through AGW does not match the description in revelation and therefore is not precluded by it.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-11-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      He was talking to Tassman and you figured you could instigate something. Just like you did when I was talking to Oxmixmudd. And the threads you start, like the one claiming Christians worship Trump. Or when you admonish conservatives for "whataboutism" but ignore it from the liberals. It's all geared toward trolling and picking fights. Your motives are transparent Charles. No need to pretend otherwise.

I pretty much just ignore you most of the time. Your posts are not worth the effort to read, much less respond to. I just see you as an entertainment more than anything serious. Every once in a while you do surprise me though.

Comment

True, but then again, God does often work though nature as opposed to against it....
                        Just out of curiosity, has anybody attempted to compare the natural damage to the earth as opposed to the man-made damage? Specifically thinking about wildfires started by lightning, volcanoes, etc.

Comment

• There is nothing in the bible that says we can't destroy our present civilization or even bomb ourselves back to the stone age. Civilizations have fell before and will again. I believe God will prevent us from going extinct and will always have a remnant that will survive until the end times prophesied in the bible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            I think this is part of why discussions with you can be unpleasant, Jim.... here is what I said...

Note the part that I said was nutty, to which you responded....

It is nuttier than fruitcake, Jim, to think that Christians in general believe "don't worry, God will just take care of it, Jesus will return before things get too bad".
                            I know a large number of Christian's that have expressed sentiments I do not see as significantly different from that

Again, I dont see it being an exact quote as being a precondition..

Comment

I know a large number of Christian's that have expressed sentiments I do not see as significantly different from that

Again, I dont see it being an exact quote as being a precondition..
                              Thanks for the clarification. I'll keep in mind in the future that your response doesn't necessarily correlate to what I actually typed.

Comment

• Time Person of the Year 2019. Well done Greta.
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment