Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Little Greta comes clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    But we are its caretakers. And thus we have a responsibility before God, as with all things, to carry out that responsibility as unto the Lord Himself, and without sin.
    That has been my position all along - from my very early days on the planet. We are stewards.

(I don't always do so good on the "without sin" part )
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Criswell was the example. Sorry you were laughing so hard you missed it.
      Criswell was not the example. You made a statement about how he had talked about Criswell. There was no quote, nothing to show that what he said was dishonest and the other claims you made. So, no examples in that context.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

But we are its caretakers. And thus we have a responsibility before God, as with all things, to carry out that responsibility as unto the Lord Himself, and without sin.

Caretakers until God destroys it. My problem is with the faithlessness of some. God's purposes and plans will not be thwarted by man. We will not destroy this planet. As a matter of fact as my recent link showed there may be great benefits to a warmer planet. And no one knows if the negative consequences will outweigh the positive benefits.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

You're actually stating that the phrase "don't worry, God will just take care of it, Jesus will return before things get too bad" is COMMON among Christians?
          I didn't actually say that CP, that is an inaccurate extrapolation from the words in the post you are responding to.

But I have heard it more often than I'd like, with variations of it, especially variations of 'God won't let us' or 'we are not powerful enough' being common.

What I was actually saying would be more accurately summed up as saying that the science conspiracy rhetoric that AGW is a manufactured thing by liberals wanting to advance their agenda is ubiquitous in evangelical circles.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
            Criswell was not the example.
            It was, but perhaps you failed to understand it, or were not aware of the history.

You made a statement about how he had talked about Criswell. There was no quote, nothing to show that what he said was dishonest and the other claims you made. So, no examples in that context.
            It is not my job to review the whole board for you, Charles.

This is your MO --- you inject yourself into a discussion with ZERO knowledge or background into what the argument is actually about. Criswell is one example.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
              Caretakers until God destroys it. My problem is with the faithlessness of some. God's purposes and plans will not be thwarted by man. We will not destroy this planet. As a matter of fact as my recent link showed there may be great benefits to a warmer planet. And no one knows if the negative consequences will outweigh the positive benefits.
              Yes we do (know what several of the negative consequences are) seer. One of them is rising sea levels. And on that one. Our estimates of the effect and progression gave consistently UNDER estimated the speed and extent.

The destruction spoken of in scripture is a complete destruction like one would expect of a planet orbiting a star going supernova, not the sort of thing we can accomplish by mismanaging its resources.
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-11-2019, 09:18 AM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

What is it about you, Charles, that tends to make you want to get in between everybody else and their disagreements? [/SIZE]
                I bet that in school, Chuck was the weaselly little kid who whispered in people's ears, "Did you hear what Brad said about you? Are you gonna take that? You need to teach him a lesson" then stood by and giggled when they fought each other.

That is what he is doing on tweb. Just trying to instigate fights.

Comment

Yes we do MM.
                  Either "MM" in this instance is not a reference to me but to something else; or you don't realize you are addressing seer and not me; or you inexplicably think seer and I are the same person.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I didn't actually say that CP, that is an inaccurate extrapolation from the words in the post you are responding to.
                    It was the phrase I was disputing, Jim, which is why I quoted it ver batim.

But I have heard it more often than I'd like, with variations of it, especially variations of 'God won't let us' or 'we are not powerful enough' being common.
                    But the phrase I objected to?

What I was actually saying would be more accurately summed up as saying that the science conspiracy rhetoric that AGW is a manufactured thing by liberals wanting to advance their agenda is ubiquitous in evangelical circles.
                    Personally, I do what I can about the environment within my control, Jim, but my greater emphasis is on the eternal, for what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world but lose his soul?

Comment

Yes we do MM. And the destruction spoken of in scripture is a complete destruction like one would expect of a planet orbiting a star going supernova, not the sort of thing we can accomplish by mismanaging its resources.
                      I'm not MM, but before your supernova what does God to the earth and its people with the judgement of the seven angels?
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Either "MM" in this instance is not a reference to me but to something else; or you don't realize you are addressing seer and not me; or you inexplicably think seer and I are the same person.
                        But I'm much better looking than you!

Comment

It was, but perhaps you failed to understand it, or were not aware of the history.

It is not my job to review the whole board for you, Charles.

This is your MO --- you inject yourself into a discussion with ZERO knowledge or background into what the argument is actually about. Criswell is one example.
                          We can all make statements and then refuse not only to point to the quotes but also to explain why they show a lack of honesty. You will not convince me by doing so.
                          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I bet that in school, Chuck was the weaselly little kid who whispered in people's ears, "Did you hear what Brad said about you? Are you gonna take that? You need to teach him a lesson" then stood by and giggled when they fought each other.

That is what he is doing on tweb. Just trying to instigate fights.
                            Yeah, or the guy in a bar who whispers "did you hear what he said about your momma? I'll hold your beer...."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              You are correct, my mistake.ive corrected the post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                We can all make statements and then refuse not only to point to the quotes but also to explain why they show a lack of honesty.
                                Or, we can just be a pain-in-the-butt and get in the middle of everybody else's conversation just to be a pain-in-the-butt.

You will not convince me by doing so.
                                Yeah, that will keep me up all night worrying.

Run along, Charles, I hear there's an argument in the boys' locker room.

Comment