Page 18 of 79 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Greta comes clean

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Well there you go. I guess one of the people I heard it from is MM.

Yes MM, if we want to destroy our planet in terms of reducing it's habitability, I believe God will let us do it. We certainly have the power to do so.

And just how do you know our actions are not the angels of death and sickness in Revelation?
    Well if we are the angels of death just remember WHO sent them. And also remember that God will destroy this planet. This is not our home Jim...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

2. Amen mossrose, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No - it's not nutty CP. I've seen those same words expressed here on this web site. This forum or Nat Sci. And I've heard it expressed out there in the real world. There are a large number of people that believe mankind is not powerful enough to hurt God's creation - i.e. the Earth. That God won't let us destroy our planet if we want to. And that is why they think AGW is hype. There are others that have been convinced by WattsUP and sites like it (or even less fact based) that AGW is some sort of global science conspiracy - not unlike those that think evolution is some sort of giant science conspiracy.

And there is this really huge contingent, making up a large part of the current GOP, that have this huge distrust of science in general because of these two science conspiracy myths that are often supported by our Christian leaders and lay teachers in our Churches. So much so it is now driving National policy making on the issue because of the large number of Christian leaders in our government that hail from backgrounds influenced by those same Christian leaders and lay teachers who have embraced those same science conspiracy myths.
    You're actually stating that the phrase "don't worry, God will just take care of it, Jesus will return before things get too bad" is COMMON among Christians?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

4. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There are a large number of people that believe mankind is not powerful enough to hurt God's creation - i.e. the Earth. That God won't let us destroy our planet if we want to.
    I guess one of the people I heard it from is MM.
    You certainly didn't hear it from me.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

6. Amen Cow Poke, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    By comparison, fewer white mainline Protestants (41%) view climate change as primarily due to human activity. White evangelical Protestants are least likely to hold this view; 28% among this group say the Earth is warming primarily due to human activity, 33% say the Earth’s warming is mostly due to natural patterns, and 37% say there is no solid evidence that climate change is occurring.
    https://www.pewresearch.org/science/...energy-issues/
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Neither did I ask you to do that when I pointed out: "Neither could you, seemingly, provide examples in which he is "dishonestly assigning them to broad categories of people, especially if those people are Christians".
    What is it about you, Charles, that tends to make you want to get in between everybody else and their disagreements? Tassman OFTEN uses quotes of one person to represent whole swaths of society - and he uses lots of adjectives and adverbs to build that person up to make it sound like he's "THE AUTHORITY" on a topic - like he did with Criswell.

It's what his name MEANS! When you look up "Tassman" in the dictionary, it says "one who singles out a single person's quote to unjustly represent broad swaths of society"*.

Here is a single person who also happens to be a Republican congressman. Tim Walberg has said:
    Yeah, a SINGLE PERSON.

Much better.
    Been much better all along!

*ok, I may have just totally made that up
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

9. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What is it about you, Charles, that tends to make you want to get in between everybody else and their disagreements? Tassman OFTEN uses quotes of one person to represent whole swaths of society - and he uses lots of adjectives and adverbs to build that person up to make it sound like he's "THE AUTHORITY" on a topic - like he did with Criswell.

It's what his name MEANS! When you look up "Tassman" in the dictionary, it says "one who singles out a single person's quote to unjustly represent broad swaths of society"*.
    This statement combined with no examples to support it is rather funny.

Yeah, a SINGLE PERSON.
    Yep. Never claimed it was more than that.

Been much better all along!
    I respectfully disagree

*ok, I may have just totally made that up
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Almost messianic, isn't it.......

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

12. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    This statement combined with no examples to support it is rather funny.
    Criswell was the example. Sorry you were laughing so hard you missed it.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Well if we are the angels of death just remember WHO sent them. And also remember that God will destroy this planet. This is not our home Jim...
    But we are its caretakers. And thus we have a responsibility before God, as with all things, to carry out that responsibility as unto the Lord Himself, and without sin.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

15. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You certainly didn't hear it from me.
    He heard it from me...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...