Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Greta comes clean

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    None of those are European - excepting maybe the British, depending on who you ask.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    None of those are European - excepting maybe the British, depending on who you ask.
    You really need to get over your need to wack people on the head -- get some anger management counseling.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You really need to get over your need to wack people on the head -- get some anger management counseling.
    Why? This works great - very calming...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Check out this quote from Greta:

"World leaders are still trying to run away from their responsibilities but we have to make sure they cannot do that. We will make sure that we put them against the wall and they will have to do their job to protect our futures."

https://www.breitbart.com/environmen...-leaders-wall/

Does she have any idea what the phrase "put them against the wall" really means and what she is advocating here?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Check out this quote from Greta:

"World leaders are still trying to run away from their responsibilities but we have to make sure they cannot do that. We will make sure that we put them against the wall and they will have to do their job to protect our futures."

https://www.breitbart.com/environmen...-leaders-wall/

Does she have any idea what the phrase "put them against the wall" really means and what she is advocating here?
    Would she care if she did?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Would she care if she did?
    We seem to have an answer to that:

Source: Greta Thunberg apologizes for "against the wall" comment

Greta Thunberg apologized on Saturday for a comment that some interpreted as a threat of violence against politicians who ignore climate change. Thunberg said she was merely translating a Swedish expression into English and apologized for the way her comments may have come off.

"Yesterday I said we must hold our leaders accountable and unfortunately said 'put them against the wall,'" the 16-year-old climate activist tweeted on Saturday. "That's Swenglish: 'att ställa någon mot väggen' (to put someone against the wall) means to hold someone accountable."

"That's what happens when you improvise speeches in a second language," the Swede continued. "But of course I apologize if anyone misunderstood this. I can not enough express the fact that I — as well as the entire school strike movement — are against any possible form of violence. It goes without saying but I say it anyway."

The expression in English is often a euphemism for executions. It refers to putting someone in front of wall before they are killed by a firing squad.

Thunberg, who was recently named Time's Person of the Year for 2019, made the comments during a speech in Italy on Friday while talking about world leaders who aren't helping to fight climate change.

"We have to make sure that they cannot do that," she said. "We will make sure they, that we put them against the wall, and that they will have to do their job and to protect our futures."

Thunberg has gotten under the skin of several world leaders, including United States President Trump and Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro. Mr. Trump tweeted earlier this week that Thunberg "must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!"

Former first lady Michelle Obama, meanwhile, tweeted a message of support to Thunberg, writing "don't let anyone dim your light."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I kind of thought that something like this might have been what happened.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Putting a child up as the face of "Climate Change" is genius. If anyone complains they are "mocking a child" and are automagically the bad guy.
    I wish people would just take the issues seriously, rather than Biden pretending he was the answer to it without him listening to the scientists, or the media still treating this girl as if she's important.

The scientists as usual are put mostly on ignore.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I apologize if anyone misunderstood this.
    Ah, yes. The old, "it's not my fault if you misunderstood what I said, but it's your fault" non-apology.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    I wish people would just take the issues seriously, rather than Biden pretending he was the answer to it without him listening to the scientists, or the media still treating this girl as if she's important.

The scientists as usual are put mostly on ignore.
    The science is not being ignored.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Ah, yes. The old, "it's not my fault if you misunderstood what I said, but it's your fault" non-apology.

The possibility of slips like that she claims are always a distinct possibility (and should be easiest enough to confirm by those with access to English-speaking Swedes).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman