Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Little Greta comes clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    They're totally out to get you seer. All your nutty paranoia is totally justified.
    The fact is Star, this is the way things are going. It took less that five minutes to find those cases, I'm sure I, we, could find more.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

People filing absurd lawsuits with no chance of success seems to be a common occurrence in the US. You're kidding yourself if you think this is evidence of anything.

If you want to be polite, you call people what they ask you to call them. I don't think that's controversial nor difficult.
      He demands the right to discriminate against those he dislikes. It's what Jesus would do.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        The Nobel Peace Prize has been a joke for a long time.
        Then why does Trump want it so badly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
          Then why does Trump want it so badly?
          Because Obama got it for no reason whatsoever and he's petty

Comment

They're totally out to get you seer. All your nutty paranoia is totally justified.
            GIF Goal Posts.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
              Because Obama got it for no reason whatsoever and he's petty
              I wish I had one

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]41624[/ATTACH]
                FIFY n/c
                Attached Files

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                  I wish I had one
                  Keep the medal, I'll take the prize money.

Comment

He demands the right to discriminate against those he dislikes. It's what Jesus would do.
                    No idiot, not one of the cases I referenced had to do with discrimination, but freedom of speech. Being forced by law to use gender neutral pronouns.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                      No idiot, not one of the cases I referenced had to do with discrimination, but freedom of speech. Being forced by law to use gender neutral pronouns.
                      While I think turning it into a legal battle which can result in multiple years in prison is truly absurd, it is rude to purposefully call someone by a term they have told you they don't want you to use.

That said, rudeness is no reason to be tossing a person in jail. That is tyrannical. And those advocating for it have lost touch with reality. Their own hatred for the person using the wrong term far exceeds whatever ill will is shown by using the term they don't want used.

Indeed. What sort of person is so full of hate they would willingly participate in putting a person in jail for years for calling them 'he' or 'she' when they might prefer 'they'. That person is hardly different that the person that would drag a gay person to their death behind a truck for no other reason than that they are gay.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-24-2019, 08:28 AM.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        While I think turning it into a legal battle which can result in multiple years in prison is truly absurd, it is rude to purposefully call someone by a term they have told you they don't want you to use.

That said, rudeness is no reason to be tossing a person in jail. That is tyrannical. And those advocating for it have lost touch with reality. Their own hatred for the person using the wrong term far exceeds whatever ill will is shown by using the term they don't want used.

Indeed. What sort of person is so full of hate they would willingly participate in putting a person in jail for years for calling them 'he' or 'she' when they might prefer 'they'. That person is no different that the person that would drag a gay person to their death behind a truck.
                        There is sometimes a place for intentional rudeness, too. Sometimes some people need to hear what they really are / what they really did.

"That was a REALLY dumb thing to do."

"You're not being tactful, you're just lying." ..... that sort of thing
                        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Actually, it is “discrimination” if one purposely refuses to use “gender neutral pronouns” in order to, well discriminate.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Actually, it is “discrimination” if one purposely refuses to use “gender neutral pronouns” in order to, well discriminate.
                            Nonsense Tass, I will not be forced to share in another person's lie. A man is not a woman. If that is discriminate, then you have a strange definition. Now I do work with a trans lady who uses a man's first name, and out of politeness that is what I call her. But if I was forced to by law or policy you can bet I will start calling her Donna again.

Comment

• My preferred pronouns are:

Third Person: "His Majesty"

Second Person: "Your Majesty"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                My preferred pronouns are:

Third Person: "His Majesty"

Second Person: "Your Majesty"
                                hmm ... it looks like I might be spending some time in jail
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment