Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Greta comes clean

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You're not militantly advocating extreme measures to "take care of the environment".
    I reject the notion that "environmentalist", the word in question, necessitates taking said extreme measures.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

2. Amen Rushing Jaws amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I reject the notion that "environmentalist", the word in question, necessitates taking said extreme measures.
    Note that in-thread, "environmentalist" has had adjectives like "fanatical" and "watermelon" appended to it in describing those who advocate extreme measures. You're picking a fight here, and I'm not sure why.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

4. Amen NorrinRadd, Teallaura, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Only on the outside. They are communist red on the inside.
    It's one of the worst kept secrets that the only green environmentalists care about is other people's money.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ...and then there's MM.

Not all environmentalists are whack. I've enjoyed Bjorn Lomberg's insights, for instance.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

7. Amen NorrinRadd, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    ...and then there's MM.

Not all environmentalists are whack. I've enjoyed Bjorn Lomberg's insights, for instance.
    "Environmentalist" is one of those words that no longer represents its original meaning. For instance, when one says "environmentalist agenda", everybody immediately knows what you're talking about, no qualifiers necessary.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's not about the environment completely, and she's a hypocrite of epic proportions to boot. Just like all the other fanatical environmentalists.

Also the article accompanying the video.

https://www.rebelnews.com/greta_thun...ource=therebel

In an op-ed published over the weekend, Greta Thunberg announced to the world exactly what is driving her climate crusade. (Hint: it rhymes with "the fake-triarchy.")

Set aside the secret flights for her staff and the half-million Euro catamaran she used to traverse the Atlantic, Thunberg has finally admitted what her climate crusade really is: a leftist wealth redistribution and social justice pipe dream.

The climate is may not be the primary concern of the Greta-inspired “school strikers” after all. It's merely a vehicle, an excuse to implement a global political agenda.
    Although I'm not really a fan of Thunberg - she is passionate but not really capable of dealing with the many facets of the problem - this is mostly just trash. Any environmentalist movement will attack the abuses of the environment that come in the name of profit. And this article is just propaganda from those threatened by that. Not sure how the patriarchy gets in there, except that most fortune 500's - the big corporations that are not above risking the environment for profit - are run by men. However, the assumption their profit focused mishandling of the environment is the result of men running the thing is horribly naive. It's just greed, which knows no race, no gender.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-03-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Although I'm not really a fan of Thunberg - she is passionate but not really capable of dealing with the many facets of the problem - this is mostly just trash. Any environmentalist movement will attack the abuses of the environment that come in the name of profit. And this article is just propaganda from those threatened by that. Not sure how the patriarchy gets in there, except that most fortune 500's - the big corporations that are not above risking the environment for profit - are run by men. However, the assumption their profit focused mishandling of the environment is the result of men running the thing is horribly naive. It's just greed, which knows no race, no gender.
    Did you watch the video, Jim? In Greta's own words, "It's not just about the environment. It's a crisis of human rights, injustice and political will. Colonial, racist and PATRIARCHAL systems of oppression have created and fueled it. We need to dismantle them all".

Did you hear the part about her half a million dollar catamaran and the fetching of the pilot of that boat BY PLANE from London? That is the height of hypocrisy.

If you can't bother to watch the video that discusses these things, then you have no business in this thread and I'll ask you to leave.

One more thing. Until you understand the implications on the environmental religious fanatics on those who work and have spent their lives trying to support their families in the oil patch, as my husband has done, then you have absolutely nothing to say to me about it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

11. Amen Cow Poke, Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    It's not at all "propaganda." The majority of adherents of climate change use it as a religion. This is why it's mainly fervently endorsed by the left that predominantly don't have religious beliefs, because it gives them a sense of purpose and makes them feel self-righteous and morally superior to "the heretics," regardless of the fact most of them (like any religion based on a set moral dictates) are outright hypocrites when it comes to practicing what they preach. And now we're clearly seeing proof of leftist politics being intertwined with the climate change. We're definitely seeing it with the Green New Deal. And so this is why you have so much push-back from conservatives, and will continue to have that push-back.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

13. Amen mossrose, Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

15. Amen mossrose, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's not about the environment completely, and she's a hypocrite of epic proportions to boot. Just like all the other fanatical environmentalists.
    As opposed to the anti-science fanatical anti-environmentalists. It's because of mindsets like yours, who for some odd reason seem to think they know more than the scientists, that we are now near the point of no return when it comes to the oncoming climate disaster. I'm sure your kids and grand kids will thank you for their futures.