Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is Trump's white nationalist aide untouchable?

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I doubt that I would agree with all of it. I'll stick to the Declaration and the Constitution.
    But it seems you argued that it was something good when you said: "And what other "culture" produced democracies? Human rights? What other culture produced the innovation and scientific advancement that the West did?" What is your opinion with regard to that really?
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    But it seems you argued that it was something good when you said: "And what other "culture" produced democracies? Human rights? What other culture produced the innovation and scientific advancement that the West did?" What is your opinion with regard to that really?
    Yes the West produced these things. What is your point?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes the West produced these things. What is your point?
    That it seems strange to promote the West for ideas or "things" (as if you could could it that) that you do not agree with.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That it seems strange to promote the West for ideas or "things" (as if you could could it that) that you do not agree with.
    I'm not sure what you mean. I have to agree with everything that came out of the West to see the West as superior?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

5. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm not sure what you mean. I have to agree with everything that came out of the West to see the West as superior?
    When you write: "And what other "culture" produced democracies? Human rights? What other culture produced the innovation and scientific advancement that the West did?" the content seems to suggest that you are listing what makes the West superior. If you do not believe in human rights it seems strange to list it as a justification for finding the West superior.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    When you write: "And what other "culture" produced democracies? Human rights? What other culture produced the innovation and scientific advancement that the West did?" the content seems to suggest that you are listing what makes the West superior. If you do not believe in human rights it seems strange to list it as a justification for finding the West superior.
    I do believe in Human rights as I said, as laid out in The Constitution and Declaration.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The UN declaration of rights is sort of a crude copy of rights recognized in the American concept of rights. Where the UN's matches America's it is okay. Otherwise, it is not so good.

Article 8 is vague and sounds bad. It talks about rights given by the constitution or granted by law. And it is totally backwards. And it pretty much makes the constitution self-contradictory. If the constitution is producing rights, that means the changes to the constitution thereby can take away rights. That means there are no true rights.

They have a weird right -- "the right to a nationality." I'm not sure what that means.

The UN document promotes democracy instead of a government restricted in is powers by a constitution. But the UN doesn't want countries either -- they want governing zones that erase national borders.

[edited in...]

There is no clause saying that the rights of the people shall not be restricted by the UN, constitutional changes or laws.

Article 28 is scary : "Everyone is entitled to a social and international order in which the rights and
    freedoms set forth in this Declaration can be fully realized."

Do we also have the right not to be part of the international order that declares itself to be in charge of everything? The UN was formed by agreement of national leaders. In the States, such treaties are not allowed to give up rights of the people. So there can not be a transfer of power from the people to the UN.

Article 30 virtually says that no one can act against the arbitrary ideas espoused by the UN: "Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or
    person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the
    destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein. "
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 12-05-2019 at 11:56 AM.

9. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    I think its the giving a satisfaction of a doubt rather than looking into it to see if the reports have any teeth that might be bugging KingsGambit.
    It's so bugging that people don't care to closely look at the wild claims of Charles, regurgitating an recent Fake News campaign against Miller based on SPLC views on what is 'white nationalist'. Especially after the other similar thread started by him, that bombed hard.

You and Kingsgambit are well-trained, reacting Pavlovianly to 'white nationalist' and 'racist'. 'How dare no one take Charles' claims with seriousness like we do????!?!!? He said 'white nationalist after all!!!!'' That's sad.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

11. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    I think its the giving a satisfaction of a doubt rather than looking into it to see if the reports have any teeth that might be bugging KingsGambit. When people start tripping over the definition of "what exactly is a white nationalist anyways..." kinda nonsense, that's just like...come on, seriously?
    No, I'm honestly not clear on the term. "White supremacist" I understand. "White nationalist" is unclear to me, which is part of the reason I mock the term in my signature.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Adrift it is not nonsense. I have been called a white nationalist because I am a nationalist, I am white, and because I think western culture is superior. If you don't think those three qualifiers get you labeled in this present atmosphere you are not being realistic.
    If that's the definition, I definitely am one.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."