Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Why is Trump's white nationalist aide untouchable?

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    FTR, I see some very good things in that Universal Declaration, and many things I cannot support in any unequivocal way.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sad to see this forum become home to white nationalists then. This is not the TWeb I remember, nor one I want to participate in, especially when the same people who are declaring themselves white nationalists are also claiming to be Christians. I'm out.

To those I've made friends with over the years. I'll miss ya. Maybe we can meet again on another web format.

3. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Sad to see this forum become home to white nationalists then. This is not the TWeb I remember, nor one I want to participate in, especially when the same people who are declaring themselves white nationalists are also claiming to be Christians. I'm out.

To those I've made friends with over the years. I'll miss ya. Maybe we can meet again on another web format.
    Adrift, you have my respect, dude. But donít leave. Itís just a few flakes who are still growing.

Iím sorry I was a jerk in our past dialogues.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    SPLC not only has zero credibility, with a very shady history, and this has been addressed to Charles before, but again, the term "white nationalist" especially by this group has been leveled at any conservative (including Christian organizations they've dubbed as "hate groups" because of their stance on homosexuality) who's vocal about illegal immigration reform, in fact, I doubt they even have to be white. Charles is basing his entire argument on a faulty premise, that SPLC is credible, and that we even have a clear definition of what "white nationalist" is. Maybe if he had defined what HE believes white nationalist means and how that pertains to Miller, it would have helped the OP.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I think you're being overly sensitive and missing seer's point. He's not claiming to be a classic white nationalist (the belief that white people should remain dominant, and that white culture should define national identity), he's simply pointing out that the term has become so broad and distorted that it now encompasses points of view that years ago would not have been considered white nationalist.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

7. Amen seanD, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I think you're being overly sensitive and missing seer's point. He's not claiming to be a classic white nationalist (the belief that white people should remain dominant, and that white culture should define national identity), he's simply pointing out that the term has become so broad and distorted that it now encompasses points of view that years ago would not have been considered white nationalist.
    Nah, he did a bit more than that. White supremacy. White nationalist, if a persone isnt running the other way from the ideas that form their core beliefs, they are already halfway there.
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Nah, he did a bit more than that. White supremacy. White nationalist, if a persone isnt running the other way from the ideas that form their core beliefs, they are already halfway there.
    You're confusing the term white supremacist. Believing that western culture is supreme is no more different than harping on about American exceptionalism. That isn't racism just because the individual saying it is white.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

10. Amen NorrinRadd, Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Adrift, I think you're reading more into other poster's responses than you need to.

The OP cites an article in the Guardian (which I think is fairly left-leaning, and anti-Trump).

The 138,000 signatures comes from a site paid for by AOC. Notice that "more than 100 members of Congress" are claimed to have called for Miller to step down - but no details given. Why not? What parties are they from?

Ruth Ben-Ghiat, quoted in the article, as I already pointed out, is an advisor to a Democrat-loaded organisation, thus a partisan source.

The article also cites the SPLC (a bastion of neutral analysis of all sides of the political spectrum / sarcasm) and a CAIR spokesman (who presumably doesn't like anyone associated with Trump's immigration policies).

In short - a bunch of accusations from people who all have a political axe to grind with Trump and the Administration.

An accusation of being a 'white nationalist' - labelling and smearing from people who have an agenda. The term is broad and vague enough to be hard to refute and seen as ugly enough to damage credibility. Miller might be a hard core racist for all I know, but Charles' OP doesn't provide any credible evidence to show that.

He has managed to get people to get upset with each other, though, so I guess that's a win for him.

If Starlight, JimL and Shunyadragon called you a homophobe I'd take it about as seriously.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Leaving because some people here are proud of their culture and think it's the best?
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Leaving because some people here are proud of their culture and think it's the best?
    He'll be back. This is like, what, the third time?