Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why is Trump's white nationalist aide untouchable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    Sad to see this forum become home to white nationalists then. This is not the TWeb I remember, nor one I want to participate in, especially when the same people who are declaring themselves white nationalists are also claiming to be Christians. I'm out.

To those I've made friends with over the years. I'll miss ya. Maybe we can meet again on another web format.
    Do you think withdrawing from a public square is the best thing?

Various Christian groups in the past advocated just that, a variation of the Two Kingdoms view (the kingdom of heaven and this world are different). If Christian view point cannot prevail on a Christian forum. . .

Comment

Sad to see this forum become home to white nationalists then. This is not the TWeb I remember, nor one I want to participate in, especially when the same people who are declaring themselves white nationalists are also claiming to be Christians. I'm out.
      This (Seer's) is the definition of "white nationalism" to which I agreed: "I am a nationalist, I am white, and ... I think western culture is superior."

If you think that's unacceptably horrible, you're a triggered, snow-flaky nut.

To those I've made friends with over the years. I'll miss ya. Maybe we can meet again on another web format.
      Last edited by NorrinRadd; 12-06-2019, 05:30 AM.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Nah, he did a bit more than that. White supremacy. White nationalist, if a persone isnt running the other way from the ideas that form their core beliefs, they are already halfway there.
        I deliberately avoid running from labels, particularly when people are throwing them around to bully others into "ritual contrition," as Tucker Carlson put it. Liberal, fascist, Nazi, bigot, racist, sexist, homophobe, deplorable, heretic, whatever. I've been called most if not all of those at one time or another, and I almost never bother to deny any of them, and often embrace them.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          I deliberately avoid running from labels, particularly when people are throwing them around to bully others into "ritual contrition," as Tucker Carlson put it. Liberal, fascist, Nazi, bigot, racist, sexist, homophobe, deplorable, heretic, whatever. I've been called most if not all of those at one time or another, and I almost never bother to deny any of them, and often embrace them.
          So some across the aisle overuse the terms, using them as an epithet, and draining them of meaning. But that does not mean those terms are without meaning.

If white nationalism becomes defined as a white person recognizing western and Christian values undergirding the best in our civilization, then white nationalism is a positive, a good, even a virtue.

Which leaves one to wonder why previous generation of Christians saw white nationalism in a negative light. And inconsistent with a Christ centered world view.
          Last edited by simplicio; 12-06-2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Nah, he did a bit more than that. White supremacy. White nationalist, if a persone isnt running the other way from the ideas that form their core beliefs, they are already halfway there.
            You, like Adrift, have also missed seer's point, that the term "white nationalism" has been broadened and distorted to include ideas that even just two-decades ago were recognized as uncontroversial expression of American patriotism. Which is to say that seer is not a white nationalist in the traditional meaning of the term, but his being white and embracing American exceptionalism is enough to get him labeled one in today's increasingly insane political climate. Sort of like how refusing to apologize for having white skin is enough to get you labeled a racist these days. Why should my behavior be shaped by literally meaningless labels?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              You, like Adrift, have also missed seer's point, that the term "white nationalism" has been broadened and distorted to include ideas that even just two-decades ago were recognized as uncontroversial expression of American patriotism. Which is to say that seer is not a white nationalist in the traditional meaning of the term, but his being white and embracing American exceptionalism is enough to get him labeled one in today's increasingly insane political climate. Sort of like how refusing to apologize for having white skin is enough to get you labeled a racist these days. Why should my behavior be shaped by literally meaningless labels?
              Thank you...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I think its the giving a satisfaction of a doubt rather than looking into it to see if the reports have any teeth that might be bugging KingsGambit. When people start tripping over the definition of "what exactly is a white nationalist anyways..." kinda nonsense, that's just like...come on, seriously?
                Unfortunately it has become completely reasonable and legitimate to ask for what someone means when the use the term "white nationalist" or "white supremacist" considering how during the past few years it has become so bandied about resulting in it losing a lot of its meaning.

I mean when you can have antifa protesters chase a black woman out of a restaurant in Philadelphia repeatedly calling her a "white supremacist" you know that the term has lost its meaning.

00000000000000ab000-00aaam.jpg
                This woman was chased out of a Philadelphia restaurant
                by Antifa goons screaming "white supremacist" at her

The same crowd also started screaming "[F-bomb] the racist police" at the few black and Hispanic officers who responded to the disturbance.

So at least for the lunatic left it can be said that anyone, regardless of race, is a white supremacist if they don't agree with them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Unfortunately it has become completely reasonable and legitimate to ask for what someone means when the use the term "white nationalist" or "white supremacist" considering how during the past few years it has become so bandied about resulting in it losing a lot of its meaning.

I mean when you can have antifa protesters chase a black woman out of a restaurant in Philadelphia repeatedly calling her a "white supremacist" you know that the term has lost its meaning.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41239[/ATTACH]
                  This woman was chased out of a Philadelphia restaurant
                  by Antifa goons screaming "white supremacist" at her

The same crowd also started screaming "[F-bomb] the racist police" at the few black and Hispanic officers who responded to the disturbance.

So at least for the lunatic left it can be said that anyone, regardless of race, is a white supremacist if they don't agree with them.
                  As a person of color myself, that's sickening to me.

Comment

Adrift, I've considered you among my friends for quite some time. I find this exchange disappointing. Seer, as he has always done, refuses to accept the left's repurposing of terms. Nationalism simply means "identification with one's own nation and support for its interests". There simply is no problem with that. As I said in a different thread, Seer is no more a "white nationalist", as the left terms it, than any of us are. He may be white, and a nationalist in the classic sense, but he sure isn't a proponent of an Arian nation. The insult "white nationalist" is a mealy mouthed way to skirt their own blatant anti-"old white guy Republican" racism.

Leaving because of a differing opinion on definitions of words is simply wrong.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I dont believe either extreme you mention is by any means mainstream. We can agree such extremes are wrong, but they do not justify shifting towards what is the other extreme, which is the ever present danger, and on purpose or on accident what the current polarized political environment is precipitating in what we call the Trump base. And that shift emboldens actual white supremacists or others of their ilk.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I dont believe either extreme you mention is by any means mainstream. We can agree such extremes are wrong, but they do not justify shifting towards what is the other extreme, which is the ever present danger, and on purpose or on accident what the current polarized political environment is precipitating in what we call the Trump base. And that shift emboldens actual white supremacists or others of their ilk.
                        There are a few characteristic ways moderates try to control dialogue. One is 'you can't say this, it's offensive/racist/bigoted/...', the other is 'this will embolden bad people'. Whether it's true or good is irrelevant.

but they do not justify shifting towards what is the other extreme,
                        Translation: we can't move towards the good at all because there are always people who will corrupt the good. The only valid path is to sit still and do nothing like a good moderate, while progressivism moves the centre leftwards at an ever increasing rate. And praise yourself for being such a goodthinking moderate.
                        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

As Rush Limbaugh says, "I have yet to see a book titled Great Moderates in American History."

Comment

As Rush Limbaugh says, "I have yet to see a book titled Great Moderates in American History."
                            There are moderates who want to just get along and dislike conflict. Then there are those who want to control people from being too 'extreme' and play the neutral judge, but they are actually partisan to the left, especially since the centre keeps going leftwards and the moderate position becomes more progressive over time.

My fiercest clashes here are with such people, and as long as I post here I will never stop pointing out what sanctimonious, self-righteous, and controlling Pharisees they are.
                            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I've yet to see the book Great Extreme Right Extremists in U.S. History. There a plenty of books about great leftists and moderate presidents.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                                I've yet to see the book Great Extreme Right Extremists in U.S. History. There a plenty of books about great leftists and moderate presidents.
                                Our Founding Fathers and other great leaders in early American history are considered "right extremists" by today's radical left.

Comment