Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why is Trump's white nationalist aide untouchable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    When you write: "And what other "culture" produced democracies? Human rights? What other culture produced the innovation and scientific advancement that the West did?" the content seems to suggest that you are listing what makes the West superior. If you do not believe in human rights it seems strange to list it as a justification for finding the West superior.
    I do believe in Human rights as I said, as laid out in The Constitution and Declaration.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      When you write: "And what other "culture" produced democracies? Human rights? What other culture produced the innovation and scientific advancement that the West did?" the content seems to suggest that you are listing what makes the West superior. If you do not believe in human rights it seems strange to list it as a justification for finding the West superior.
      The UN declaration of rights is sort of a crude copy of rights recognized in the American concept of rights. Where the UN's matches America's it is okay. Otherwise, it is not so good.

Article 8 is vague and sounds bad. It talks about rights given by the constitution or granted by law. And it is totally backwards. And it pretty much makes the constitution self-contradictory. If the constitution is producing rights, that means the changes to the constitution thereby can take away rights. That means there are no true rights.

They have a weird right -- "the right to a nationality." I'm not sure what that means.

The UN document promotes democracy instead of a government restricted in is powers by a constitution. But the UN doesn't want countries either -- they want governing zones that erase national borders.

[edited in...]

There is no clause saying that the rights of the people shall not be restricted by the UN, constitutional changes or laws.

Article 28 is scary : "Everyone is entitled to a social and international order in which the rights and
      freedoms set forth in this Declaration can be fully realized."

Do we also have the right not to be part of the international order that declares itself to be in charge of everything? The UN was formed by agreement of national leaders. In the States, such treaties are not allowed to give up rights of the people. So there can not be a transfer of power from the people to the UN.

Article 30 virtually says that no one can act against the arbitrary ideas espoused by the UN: "Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or
      person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the
      destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein. "
      Last edited by mikewhitney; 12-05-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        I think its the giving a satisfaction of a doubt rather than looking into it to see if the reports have any teeth that might be bugging KingsGambit.
        It's so bugging that people don't care to closely look at the wild claims of Charles, regurgitating an recent Fake News campaign against Miller based on SPLC views on what is 'white nationalist'. Especially after the other similar thread started by him, that bombed hard.

You and Kingsgambit are well-trained, reacting Pavlovianly to 'white nationalist' and 'racist'. 'How dare no one take Charles' claims with seriousness like we do????!?!!? He said 'white nationalist after all!!!!'' That's sad.
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I think its the giving a satisfaction of a doubt rather than looking into it to see if the reports have any teeth that might be bugging KingsGambit. When people start tripping over the definition of "what exactly is a white nationalist anyways..." kinda nonsense, that's just like...come on, seriously?
          No, I'm honestly not clear on the term. "White supremacist" I understand. "White nationalist" is unclear to me, which is part of the reason I mock the term in my signature.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Adrift it is not nonsense. I have been called a white nationalist because I am a nationalist, I am white, and because I think western culture is superior. If you don't think those three qualifiers get you labeled in this present atmosphere you are not being realistic.
            If that's the definition, I definitely am one.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

FTR, I see some very good things in that Universal Declaration, and many things I cannot support in any unequivocal way.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Sad to see this forum become home to white nationalists then. This is not the TWeb I remember, nor one I want to participate in, especially when the same people who are declaring themselves white nationalists are also claiming to be Christians. I'm out.

To those I've made friends with over the years. I'll miss ya. Maybe we can meet again on another web format.

Comment

Sad to see this forum become home to white nationalists then. This is not the TWeb I remember, nor one I want to participate in, especially when the same people who are declaring themselves white nationalists are also claiming to be Christians. I'm out.

To those I've made friends with over the years. I'll miss ya. Maybe we can meet again on another web format.
                  Adrift, you have my respect, dude. But don’t leave. It’s just a few flakes who are still growing.

I’m sorry I was a jerk in our past dialogues.

Comment

SPLC not only has zero credibility, with a very shady history, and this has been addressed to Charles before, but again, the term "white nationalist" especially by this group has been leveled at any conservative (including Christian organizations they've dubbed as "hate groups" because of their stance on homosexuality) who's vocal about illegal immigration reform, in fact, I doubt they even have to be white. Charles is basing his entire argument on a faulty premise, that SPLC is credible, and that we even have a clear definition of what "white nationalist" is. Maybe if he had defined what HE believes white nationalist means and how that pertains to Miller, it would have helped the OP.

Comment

I think you're being overly sensitive and missing seer's point. He's not claiming to be a classic white nationalist (the belief that white people should remain dominant, and that white culture should define national identity), he's simply pointing out that the term has become so broad and distorted that it now encompasses points of view that years ago would not have been considered white nationalist.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        I think you're being overly sensitive and missing seer's point. He's not claiming to be a classic white nationalist (the belief that white people should remain dominant, and that white culture should define national identity), he's simply pointing out that the term has become so broad and distorted that it now encompasses points of view that years ago would not have been considered white nationalist.
                        Nah, he did a bit more than that. White supremacy. White nationalist, if a persone isnt running the other way from the ideas that form their core beliefs, they are already halfway there.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          Nah, he did a bit more than that. White supremacy. White nationalist, if a persone isnt running the other way from the ideas that form their core beliefs, they are already halfway there.
                          You're confusing the term white supremacist. Believing that western culture is supreme is no more different than harping on about American exceptionalism. That isn't racism just because the individual saying it is white.

Comment

Adrift, I think you're reading more into other poster's responses than you need to.

The OP cites an article in the Guardian (which I think is fairly left-leaning, and anti-Trump).

The 138,000 signatures comes from a site paid for by AOC. Notice that "more than 100 members of Congress" are claimed to have called for Miller to step down - but no details given. Why not? What parties are they from?

Ruth Ben-Ghiat, quoted in the article, as I already pointed out, is an advisor to a Democrat-loaded organisation, thus a partisan source.

The article also cites the SPLC (a bastion of neutral analysis of all sides of the political spectrum / sarcasm) and a CAIR spokesman (who presumably doesn't like anyone associated with Trump's immigration policies).

In short - a bunch of accusations from people who all have a political axe to grind with Trump and the Administration.

An accusation of being a 'white nationalist' - labelling and smearing from people who have an agenda. The term is broad and vague enough to be hard to refute and seen as ugly enough to damage credibility. Miller might be a hard core racist for all I know, but Charles' OP doesn't provide any credible evidence to show that.

He has managed to get people to get upset with each other, though, so I guess that's a win for him.

If Starlight, JimL and Shunyadragon called you a homophobe I'd take it about as seriously.
                            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Leaving because some people here are proud of their culture and think it's the best?
                              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                                Leaving because some people here are proud of their culture and think it's the best?
                                He'll be back. This is like, what, the third time?

Comment