Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Nunes sues CNN over 'demonstrably false' Ukraine report

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Investigation into an alleged crime is an investigation, obstruction of that investigation is a crime.
    Not necessarily, but I understand it is your sworn duty to repeat the narrative. You're doing super. It's all about the bubble.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Not necessarily, but I understand it is your sworn duty to repeat the narrative. You're doing super. It's all about the bubble.
    Well, like I said, denial. You're in it, and like the rest of you belonging to the cult of Trump, if allegiance to your country can't do it, then ain't nothing going to change that.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well, like I said, denial. You're in it, and like the rest of you belonging to the cult of Trump, if allegiance to your country can't do it, then ain't nothing going to change that.
    So, there ya go again, with the immaturity crap. Nobody buys it, Jim, but if it makes you feel big or important, go for it.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, there ya go again, with the immaturity crap. Nobody buys it, Jim, but if it makes you feel big or important, go for it.
    Well, you're not stupid, so it's either denial, cognitive dissonance if you will, or ignorance, unless you're actually secretly complicit, and I think you've been following this too closely for too long for it to be ignorance. So, that's leaves denial, or complicity. I like to think the answer is that you're in a state of denial.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well, you're not stupid.
    I know.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    No, Nixons involvment wasn't absolutely indisputable, which is why he wasn't impeached until his firing of the Atty General and the Special Prosecutor.
    At the time of Nixon's "Saturday night massacre", his direct involvement in the crime and the subsequent cover-up was well established and indisputable, including testimony from a number of firsthand witnesses and tape recordings of Nixon himself. There is little doubt that he would have been impeached whether he had fired people or not. That act just moved the timetable up.

Contrast that with current circumstances where Democrats are rushing towards impeachment but still haven't figured out what crime Trump is supposed to have committed. In fact, Jerry Nadler is desperately clinging to the narrative that a president can be impeached without ever breaking the law!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-breaking-law/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    At the time of Nixon's "Saturday night massacre", his direct involvement in the crime and the subsequent cover-up was well established and indisputable, including testimony from a number of firsthand witnesses and tape recordings of Nixon himself. There is little doubt that he would have been impeached whether he had fired people or not. That act just moved the timetable up.

Contrast that with current circumstances where Democrats are rushing towards impeachment but still haven't figured out what crime Trump is supposed to have committed. In fact, Jerry Nadler is desperately clinging to the narrative that a president can be impeached without ever breaking the law!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-breaking-law/
    You mean, the focus groups haven't quite come to his rescue yet? NOBODY needed focus groups in the Nixon impeachment process - it was absolutely clear to all that there was a major problem on the planet.

8. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You mean, the focus groups haven't quite come to his rescue yet? NOBODY needed focus groups in the Nixon impeachment process - it was absolutely clear to all that there was a major problem on the planet.
    I would say that is more a consequence of the polarization of our political process and the compromise of principle that pervades the blind support of Doanald Trump. We are no longer the rational, principled people we were when Nixon committed his crime. And it is my contention that had a president done what Donald Trump has done in 1970, the clamor for impeachment would have been nearly 100%, across both isles, with public protests demanding his ouster filling city streets across the country.

And the fact the debates have taken the tack they have in public and on this web site is an indication of how far have we fallen.

The reality is the access Hollywood tapes alone would have made Trump unelectable in 1970
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-08-2019 at 07:38 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    And it is my contention that had a president done what Donald Trump has done in 1970, the clamor for impeachment would have been nearly 100%, across both isles, with public protests demanding his ouster filling city streets across the country.
    Of course you think that, and conveniently, this is another one of those claims that is impossible to prove or disprove.

The problem for the Democrats is that from the day they started investigating Trump until now, not a single crime has been uncovered that leads back to the President. Now they're saying that a president can be impeached for legal acts done with the "wrong" motives!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Of course you think that, and conveniently, this is another one of those claims that is impossible to prove or disprove.
    'conveniently' implies a purposed manipulation making the claim. Leaving that word out would cast no aspersions on the writer and still makes the same point. Why do you feel the need to add that negative ad hominem element to your replies?

As for the comment itself. Trumps antics would never have been tolerated in 1970, but it is also true Trump would have had to be much less of a loose cannon in order to even get elected. Nevertheless, asking the Russians or China to help get dirt on an opponent, publicly? You think that would have been tolerated in 1970? You know that would never have been accepted from a person in office at that time, let alone ignored by the majority of the GOP. Those were not times when such clearly treasonous words could have been spoken by a polititian, let alone have secret meetings with Russian lawyers in the hopes of getting dirt, or setting up - as a candidate- a 'back channel to a Russian leader. Such things - in that day - would mean traitor, betrayor, spy, or worse.

And they should still mean it today.

The problem for the Democrats is that from the day they started investigating Trump until now, not a single crime has been uncovered that leads back to the President. Now they're saying that a president can be impeached for legal acts done with the "wrong" motives!
    'Not a single crime' is absurdly inaccurate MM. Obstruction is illegal. The receipt of Emoluments is prohibited by the constitution. Quid pro Quo not on behalf of the US (for personal gain only - i.e. abuse of the power of his offfic) is either illegal or likewise unconstitutional. And holding up the Congressionally allocated funds apart from some very limited exceptions, none of which include the manipulation of a foreign government for personal gain.

Trump is basically out of control, giving the finger to our laws and the responsibilities and limitations of his office and daring someone to stop him. Not stopping him gives the next presidency license to do the same.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-08-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"