Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Nunes sues CNN over 'demonstrably false' Ukraine report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    EGGzackly... so stop calling it a crime. Right now, it's just more allegations by the Democrats who can't even figure out what to call it without turning to focus groups.
    There was the investigation, and the indisputable crime at this point is obstruction of that investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Because, there are people who know better, like those with law backgrounds, who are in a state of denial that no amount of evidence will convince.
      Did you know that 76.3% of the time, when somebody accuses somebody else of denial, the accuser is actually the one in denial?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There was the investigation, and the indisputable crime at this point is obstruction of that investigation.
        No, Jim -- it's in dispute. Just because you swallow it hook, line and sinker doesn't mean it's "indisputable". The fact that it's still being argued, and that the nutty Democrats have to turn to focus groups to even figure out what to call it, shows that it's in dispute.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, Nixons involvment wasn't absolutely indisputable,
          Not immediately - but there was an ACTUAL INDISPUTABLE CRIME, for which people had been arrested and gone to jail, that would soon be tied to Nixon.

which is why he wasn't impeached until his firing of the Atty General and the Special Prosecutor.
          He wasn't actually impeached. The PROCESS had begun, but he resigned.

The American people aren't lawyers or Constitutional scholars.
          You are living proof of that with every post you post, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Yup but y'all were arguing about when impeachment begins.
            NORMALLY, I think what you said would be correct. But because the House can set their own rules, the Democrats have actually muddied this water.

Nadler had already let it slip in early August that his committee was already engaged in an impeachment “inquiry.” For all practical purposes, the "impeachment" was begun then. Depending on which Democrat you ask.

Comment

The three blind mice impeachment inquiry is obstructing itself. They have not contested any of the ignored 'subpoenas' which means that it is impossible to make a case for obstruction.

In the Nixon case the House was pounding on the Supreme Court's door every time the administration looked sideways at a subpoena.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Did you know that 76.3% of the time, when somebody accuses somebody else of denial, the accuser is actually the one in denial?
                So, you're saying that my accussation falls into the 23.7% group?

Comment

CNN: Fake news on the warpath.

Comment

So, you're saying that my accussation falls into the 23.7% group?
                    Just messin' with ya Jim - I made that up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Not immediately - but there was an ACTUAL INDISPUTABLE CRIME, for which people had been arrested and gone to jail, that would soon be tied to Nixon.

He wasn't actually impeached. The PROCESS had begun, but he resigned.

You are living proof of that with every post you post, my friend.
                      Investigation into an alleged crime is an investigation, obstruction of that investigation is a crime.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Investigation into an alleged crime is an investigation, obstruction of that investigation is a crime.
                        Not necessarily, but I understand it is your sworn duty to repeat the narrative. You're doing super. It's all about the bubble.

Comment

Not necessarily, but I understand it is your sworn duty to repeat the narrative. You're doing super. It's all about the bubble.
                          Well, like I said, denial. You're in it, and like the rest of you belonging to the cult of Trump, if allegiance to your country can't do it, then ain't nothing going to change that.

Comment

Well, like I said, denial. You're in it, and like the rest of you belonging to the cult of Trump, if allegiance to your country can't do it, then ain't nothing going to change that.
                            So, there ya go again, with the immaturity crap. Nobody buys it, Jim, but if it makes you feel big or important, go for it.

Comment

So, there ya go again, with the immaturity crap. Nobody buys it, Jim, but if it makes you feel big or important, go for it.
                              Well, you're not stupid, so it's either denial, cognitive dissonance if you will, or ignorance, unless you're actually secretly complicit, and I think you've been following this too closely for too long for it to be ignorance. So, that's leaves denial, or complicity. I like to think the answer is that you're in a state of denial.

Comment

Well, you're not stupid.
                                I know.

Comment