Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 188

Thread: Nunes sues CNN over 'demonstrably false' Ukraine report

  1. #71
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,424
    Amen (Given)
    13032
    Amen (Received)
    27576
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    There is an actual crime here as well, a real one, even if you are incapable of admitting to it.
    Jim, I'm just going to let you wallow in your folly on this. Anybody with half a brain would recognize there's no comparison to the absolutely undeniable proven established historically recognized crime that launched the Nixon impeachment ---- and the Democrats' current impeachment circus in search of a crime.

    Please continue your echo chamber bubble talk without me.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  2. #72
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,085
    Amen (Given)
    6112
    Amen (Received)
    7485
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Yep, I believe that "I hope you can let this thing go" were the words Trump put to Comey regarding Flynn. Comey didn't comply and Trump made sure to get rid of him once he realized Comey was a principled man and wouldn't succumb to his pressure. Then he met with the Russians in the oval office where they had a good laugh together; Trump telling them that the pressure with the Russian thing was gone now because he got rid of Comey.
    RISCH: Thank you. All right. So those three things we now know regarding the active measures, whether the president is under investigation and the collusion between the trump campaign and the Russians. I want to drill right down, as my time is limited, to the most recent dust up regarding allegations that the president of the United States obstructed justice. Boy, you nailed this down on page 5, paragraph 3. You put this in quotes. Words matter. You wrote down the words so we can all have the words in front of us now. There's 28 words now in quotes. It says, quote, I hope -- this is the president speaking — I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is good guy. I hope you can let this go. Now, those are his exact words, is that correct.

    COMEY: Correct.

    RISCH: You wrote them here and put them in quotes.

    COMEY: Correct.

    RISCH: Thank you for that. He did not direct you to let it go?

    COMEY: Not in his words, no.

    RISCH: He did not order you to let it go?

    COMEY: Again, those words are not an order.

    RISCH: He said, I hope. Now, like me, you probably did hundreds of cases, maybe thousands of cases, charging people with criminal offenses and, of course, you have knowledge of the thousands of cases out there where people have been charged. Do you know of any case where a person has been charged for obstruction of justice or, for that matter, any other criminal offense, where they said or thought they hoped for an outcome?

    COMEY: I don't know well enough to answer. The reason I keep saying his words is I took it as a direction.

    RISCH: Right.

    COMEY: I mean, this is a president of the United States with me alone saying I hope this. I took it as, this is what he wants me to do. I didn't obey that, but that's the way I took it.

    RISCH: You may have taken it as a direction but that's not what he said.

    COMEY: Correct.

    RISCH: He said, I hope.

    COMEY: Those are his exact words, correct.

    RISCH: You don't know of anyone ever being charged for hoping something, is that a fair statement?

    COMEY: I don't as I sit here.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...stimony-239295
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  3. #73
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,002
    Amen (Given)
    1957
    Amen (Received)
    1608
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    RISCH: Thank you. All right. So those three things we now know regarding the active measures, whether the president is under investigation and the collusion between the trump campaign and the Russians. I want to drill right down, as my time is limited, to the most recent dust up regarding allegations that the president of the United States obstructed justice. Boy, you nailed this down on page 5, paragraph 3. You put this in quotes. Words matter. You wrote down the words so we can all have the words in front of us now. There's 28 words now in quotes. It says, quote, I hope -- this is the president speaking — I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is good guy. I hope you can let this go. Now, those are his exact words, is that correct.

    COMEY: Correct.

    RISCH: You wrote them here and put them in quotes.

    COMEY: Correct.

    RISCH: Thank you for that. He did not direct you to let it go?

    COMEY: Not in his words, no.

    RISCH: He did not order you to let it go?

    COMEY: Again, those words are not an order.

    RISCH: He said, I hope. Now, like me, you probably did hundreds of cases, maybe thousands of cases, charging people with criminal offenses and, of course, you have knowledge of the thousands of cases out there where people have been charged. Do you know of any case where a person has been charged for obstruction of justice or, for that matter, any other criminal offense, where they said or thought they hoped for an outcome?

    COMEY: I don't know well enough to answer. The reason I keep saying his words is I took it as a direction.

    RISCH: Right.

    COMEY: I mean, this is a president of the United States with me alone saying I hope this. I took it as, this is what he wants me to do. I didn't obey that, but that's the way I took it.

    RISCH: You may have taken it as a direction but that's not what he said.

    COMEY: Correct.

    RISCH: He said, I hope.

    COMEY: Those are his exact words, correct.

    RISCH: You don't know of anyone ever being charged for hoping something, is that a fair statement?

    COMEY: I don't as I sit here.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...stimony-239295
    Trump should have been charged with obstruction of justice right then and there.

  4. #74
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,085
    Amen (Given)
    6112
    Amen (Received)
    7485
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This is why you have to keep pretending that Nixon's impeachment (attempt) wasn't triggered by an actual crime. A REAL crime. A crime nobody disputes happened, or what it was.

    No account of Richard Nixon glosses over the fact that his downfall began with the actual crime of the break-in. An actual REAL crime, not an alleged one.
    And there was a clear and direct line of evidence from that crime to the president, including testimony from multiple firsthand witnesses and tape recordings of Nixon himself.

    Contrast that to the Democrat case against Trump based on contradictory hearsay and guesswork.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  5. #75
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,085
    Amen (Given)
    6112
    Amen (Received)
    7485
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Trump should have been charged with obstruction of justice right then and there.
    For what? Not giving Comey an order?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  6. #76
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,424
    Amen (Given)
    13032
    Amen (Received)
    27576
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And there was a clear and direct line of evidence from that crime to the president, including testimony from multiple firsthand witnesses and tape recordings of Nixon himself.

    Contrast that to the Democrat case against Trump based on contradictory hearsay and guesswork.
    The attempts to equate the current impeachment circus with Watergate are just downright nutty.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  7. #77
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    313
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Your way of not admitting you were wrong by trying to change the narrative.



    Jim, that's just nutty -- you can't find any account of Nixon's impeachment (attempt) that doesn't start with Watergate.



    Because there was an actual crime that was absolutely undeniable.



    This is why you have to keep pretending that Nixon's impeachment (attempt) wasn't triggered by an actual crime. A REAL crime. A crime nobody disputes happened, or what it was.

    No account of Richard Nixon glosses over the fact that his downfall began with the actual crime of the break-in. An actual REAL crime, not an alleged one.
    So if someone makes an allegation against you all you have to do is successfully obstruct any investigation attempts and you’d be fine?

    I would’ve thought there would be some sort of law against that.

  8. #78
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,424
    Amen (Given)
    13032
    Amen (Received)
    27576
    Quote Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
    So if someone makes an allegation against you all you have to do is successfully obstruct any investigation attempts and you’d be fine?

    I would’ve thought there would be some sort of law against that.


    My whole discussion is answering JimL's nutty use of the Nixon impeachment (process) to compare with Trump's. I'm simply pointing out that in the Nixon situation, there was an actual crime that nobody was disputing that triggered the impeachment process.

    But, if somebody makes an allegation against me, I'd demand that they prove it. Actual facts, not just a bunch of hype and circus.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  9. #79
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,002
    Amen (Given)
    1957
    Amen (Received)
    1608
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    For what? Not giving Comey an order?
    No, for using the power of his office to influence the FBI into shuting down an investigation, i.e for attempting to obstruct justice, which btw is obstruction of justice.

  10. #80
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,002
    Amen (Given)
    1957
    Amen (Received)
    1608
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The attempts to equate the current impeachment circus with Watergate are just downright nutty.
    True, Trumps crime is far worse than Nixons, although there are similarities.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •