Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Schiff Targets Political Rival, Journalist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schiff Targets Political Rival, Journalist

Source: Washington Examiner

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff spied on the top Republican on his panel by obtaining his phone records and publishing them in an impeachment report, Minority Whip Steve Scalise said Wednesday.

“It raises a lot of serious questions,” the Louisiana Republican said.
    “I want to know all the people Adam Schiff is spying on,” Scalise told the Washington Examiner. “Are there other members of Congress that he is spying on, and what justification does he have? He needs to be held accountable and explain what he’s doing, going after journalists, going after members of Congress, instead of doing his job.”
    Source

© Copyright Original Source

It's past time for a criminal investigation into Adam Schiff.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff spied on the top Republican on his panel by obtaining his phone records and publishing them in an impeachment report, Minority Whip Steve Scalise said Wednesday.

“I want to know all the people Adam Schiff is spying on,” Scalise told the Washington Examiner. “Are there other members of Congress that he is spying on, and what justification does he have? He needs to be held accountable and explain what he’s doing, going after journalists, going after members of Congress, instead of doing his job.”
    Source

This is why all this needs to go to the Senate for trial...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Source

That will only happen if he switches parties.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Schiff is 100% lawless.

I'm now leaning more towards this whole thing solely being a cover-up of Obama/Biden Ukraine activity. Trump was getting too close to the truth. CIA mole sounds the alarm to Schiff, and the Establishment Dems create the media smokes screen.
        Last edited by seanD; 12-04-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

They falsely accuse Trump of abuse of power while abusing power themselves.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Source

Since when is obtaining phone records the same as “spying”? Phone records were also obtained in the Nixon and Clinton investigations. Moreover, Nunes’ activity, especially in communicating with Parnas, is relevant to the investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
              Since when is obtaining phone records the same as “spying”? Phone records were also obtained in the Nixon and Clinton investigations. Moreover, Nunes’ activity, especially in communicating with Parnas, is relevant to the investigation.
              Were they the phone records of those on the impeachment inquiry panel or of witnesses? There is a, um, yuuuge difference.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Were they the phone records of those on the impeachment inquiry panel or of witnesses? There is a, um, yuuuge difference.
                Whose responsibility is it to recuse himself from panel if he’s deeply involved Ukraine dealings in question. That’s an unusual circumstance, you have to admit.

Shifty Schiff and Knucklehead Nunes?

Comment

Looking at the chart of call records, it's clear that Nunes and Solomon both were swept up because of their calls with Parnas (indicted) and Giuliani (gonna be indicted), two key players in both the disinformation campaign and the effort to hijack the LNG export business to Ukraine, at key dates and times in the investigation.

Y'all complaining about Nunes and Solomon appearing in those call logs should be asking why Nunes and Solomon were talking to Giuliani and Parnas at those key times and why both kept those communications hidden while they were advancing a coordinated but false series of stories about US ambassadors and Ukrainian interference.

--Sam
                  "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Looking at the chart of call records, it's clear that Nunes and Solomon both were swept up because of their calls with Parnas (indicted) and Giuliani (gonna be indicted), two key players in both the disinformation campaign and the effort to hijack the LNG export business to Ukraine, at key dates and times in the investigation.

Y'all complaining about Nunes and Solomon appearing in those call logs should be asking why Nunes and Solomon were talking to Giuliani and Parnas at those key times and why both kept those communications hidden while they were advancing a coordinated but false series of stories about US ambassadors and Ukrainian interference.

--Sam
                    They seriously don’t find it strange that the very person grilling witnesses was himself involved in racket. Of course his calls are relevant, especially being in communication with indicted individuals and those under investigation.

Comment

They seriously don’t find it strange that the very person grilling witnesses was himself involved in racket.
                      I've pointed out Schiff's dishonesty numerous times!

(oh, you meant the other guy)
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Well we’re definitely deeply mired in “two wrongs make a right” territory.

Comment

Oh, and moreover, you’ve also acknowledged Shifty would have ZERO leverage without Trump’s beyond bonkers continual shooting himself in the foot, firs with demanding loyalty from Comey then with completely bungled shadow diplomacy, which Bolton called a “drug deal and hand grenade.”
                          We have literally the stupidest EVER man in office who must actively remind the world he’s a stable genius, which even in a forum like this would be laughable and that person derided for serious delusion, amiright? It’s happened dozens of times here, say with Jorge. Trump is like Jorge, but with more power (and maybe worse grammar?).

There’s never been anything like it, and that actually explains the derangement on both sides. It’d be impossible for derangement to not infect both parties given the completely uncharted territory Trump had led us into. I’m glad at leas you acknowledge that.

BTW, I thought we were gonna discuss how Reagan made the homeless crisis worse. =\

Comment

Well we’re definitely deeply mired in “two wrongs make a right” territory.
                            I've been pretty clear - I think BOTH sides are doing everything they can to keep their own butts (individually and collectively) in power.

Comment

I've been pretty clear - I think BOTH sides are doing everything they can to keep their own butts (individually and collectively) in power.
                              I know you have and I respect you for that. =)

Comment