Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

  1. #1
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,024
    Amen (Given)
    1908
    Amen (Received)
    5406

    Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

    Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday asked the House committees investigating President Donald Trump to proceed with articles of impeachment.

    “The president’s actions have seriously violated the Constitution,” Pelosi said at a news conference on Capitol Hill.

    Pelosi’s comments confirm what was widely expected: that the Democrat-controlled House will vote on whether to impeach the president.

    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/05/pelo...nst-trump.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  2. #2
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    55,376
    Amen (Given)
    1170
    Amen (Received)
    20412
    I predict that we'll see a fawning press lauding her leadership/courage/bravery.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  3. #3
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,024
    Amen (Given)
    1908
    Amen (Received)
    5406
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I predict that we'll see a fawning press lauding her leadership/courage/bravery.
    Except they have no proof that Trump did what they are claiming.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

  4. #4
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,354
    Amen (Given)
    469
    Amen (Received)
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I predict that we'll see a fawning press lauding her leadership/courage/bravery.
    Yes, because Trump has no fawners who cite his courage and bravery.

  5. #5
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,799
    Amen (Given)
    1218
    Amen (Received)
    510

    House Speaker Pelosi asks chairmen to pursue articles of impeachment against Trump

    USA Today has put some interesting perspectives on recent events:

    In the article Trump’s effort to rise above impeachment fray thrown off course on chaotic NATO trip it is shown how a certain strategy failed:

    President Donald Trump and his aides saw this week's NATO meeting as a chance to showcase his leadership on the world stage and rise above the political fray while "crazy" Democrats back in Washington sought to impeach him.

    It didn't work out quite that way.
    Nope. It did not work out quite that way. The article goes on:

    Instead, Trump was mocked by some world leaders in a moment captured on video, fought openly with others, misstated U.S. policy on Iran and canceled a highly anticipated news conference, all obscuring his message on global leadership, amplifying his problems back home and giving political ammunition to his critics.
    And it get's both funny and tragic when we read the following:

    "Trump was elected to stand up to world leaders. He did just that," said Frank Luntz, a longtime GOP consultant. "I just wish it wasn't our NATO allies."
    Anyway, the moment has finally arrived when we read that:

    “The president abused his power for his own personal political benefit," said Pelosi, D-Calif. "The president's actions have seriously violated the Constitution."

    "Today I am asking our chairmen to proceed with articles of impeachment," she added. https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...mp/2617351001/
    And it goes on:

    "President Trump placed his own personal and political interests above our national interest, above the security of our country, and most importantly above our most precious right: the ability of each and every one of us to participate in fair elections, free of corruption," House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., said to close the hearing. "The Constitution has a solution for a president who places his personal or political interests above those of the nation – the power of impeachment."
    It is going to be very interesting.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

  6. #6
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19,418
    Amen (Given)
    6063
    Amen (Received)
    7278
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Except they have no proof that Trump did what they are claiming.
    It's worse than that: they don't have proof that a crime was even committed in the first place, leading to the the repeated refrain that impeachment doesn't have to be predicated on a crime despite the clear language of the Constitution.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  7. #7
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,354
    Amen (Given)
    469
    Amen (Received)
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It's worse than that: they don't have proof that a crime was even committed in the first place, leading to the the repeated refrain that impeachment doesn't have to be predicated on a crime despite the clear language of the Constitution.
    Hahaha I love it. A few weeks ago, you said focus groups have shifted the narrative from “QPQ” to “extortion.” It’s all a focus group-led conspiracy! Now you say the narrative is shifting from crime to no crime....because a few have said presidential incompetence from widespread communication failures is impeachable.

    Um, remember when Trump tweeted that presidential incompetence should be impeachable? I bet you do.

  8. #8
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19,418
    Amen (Given)
    6063
    Amen (Received)
    7278
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Hahaha I love it. A few weeks ago, you said focus groups have shifted the narrative from “QPQ” to “extortion.” It’s all a focus group-led conspiracy! Now you say the narrative is shifting from crime to no crime....because a few have said presidential incompetence from widespread communication failures is impeachable.

    Um, remember when Trump tweeted that presidential incompetence should be impeachable? I bet you do.
    There's no denying that Democrats used focus groups to decide which accusations played best to their base. And it wasn't "extortion" they settled on, it was "bribery". But they have also been selling the unconstitutional idea that impeachment doesn't need to be tied to an actual crime (here's a Newsweek article from 2017, and it was repeated again in yesterday's hearing), so it's not an either-or scenario like you're implying. The Democrat narrative seems to be that if Trump committed a crime, then he should be impeached; and if Trump didn't commit a crime, then he should be impeached. Heads, they win; tails, he loses. That's Democrat "justice" for you.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  9. #9
    tWebber whag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,354
    Amen (Given)
    469
    Amen (Received)
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    There's no denying that Democrats used focus groups to decide which accusations played best to their base. And it wasn't "extortion" they settled on, it was "bribery". But they have also been selling the unconstitutional idea that impeachment doesn't need to be tied to an actual crime (here's a Newsweek article from 2017, and it was repeated again in yesterday's hearing), so it's not an either-or scenario like you're implying. The Democrat narrative seems to be that if Trump committed a crime, then he should be impeached; and if Trump didn't commit a crime, then he should be impeached. Heads, they win; tails, he loses. That's Democrat "justice" for you.
    You must have forgotten that the Republicans did the same thing during the Clinton impeachment. Graham has been called out saying both non-criminal shady malfeasance and actual crime are impeachable, lest the case for either not be persuasive enough.

    It’s a political thing rather than a democrat-only thing, but only you are too blind to see if being a Trump bootlicker.

  10. #10
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19,418
    Amen (Given)
    6063
    Amen (Received)
    7278
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    You must have forgotten that the Republicans did the same thing during the Clinton impeachment. Graham has been called out saying both non-criminal shady malfeasance and actual crime are impeachable, lest the case for either not be persuasive enough.

    It’s a political thing rather than a democrat-only thing, but only you are too blind to see if being a Trump bootlicker.
    Except there is direct evidence that Bill Clinton actually committed crimes. Democrats still haven't figured out what laws Trump is supposed to have broken.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  11. Amen seer amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •