Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday asked the House committees investigating President Donald Trump to proceed with articles of impeachment.

“The president’s actions have seriously violated the Constitution,” Pelosi said at a news conference on Capitol Hill.

Pelosi’s comments confirm what was widely expected: that the Democrat-controlled House will vote on whether to impeach the president.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/05/pelo...nst-trump.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I predict that we'll see a fawning press lauding her leadership/courage/bravery.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I predict that we'll see a fawning press lauding her leadership/courage/bravery.
      Except they have no proof that Trump did what they are claiming.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Yes, because Trump has no fawners who cite his courage and bravery.

Comment

House Speaker Pelosi asks chairmen to pursue articles of impeachment against Trump

USA Today has put some interesting perspectives on recent events:

In the article Trump’s effort to rise above impeachment fray thrown off course on chaotic NATO trip it is shown how a certain strategy failed:

President Donald Trump and his aides saw this week's NATO meeting as a chance to showcase his leadership on the world stage and rise above the political fray while "crazy" Democrats back in Washington sought to impeach him.

It didn't work out quite that way.
          Nope. It did not work out quite that way. The article goes on:

Instead, Trump was mocked by some world leaders in a moment captured on video, fought openly with others, misstated U.S. policy on Iran and canceled a highly anticipated news conference, all obscuring his message on global leadership, amplifying his problems back home and giving political ammunition to his critics.
          And it get's both funny and tragic when we read the following:

"Trump was elected to stand up to world leaders. He did just that," said Frank Luntz, a longtime GOP consultant. "I just wish it wasn't our NATO allies."
          Anyway, the moment has finally arrived when we read that:

“The president abused his power for his own personal political benefit," said Pelosi, D-Calif. "The president's actions have seriously violated the Constitution."

"Today I am asking our chairmen to proceed with articles of impeachment," she added. https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...mp/2617351001/
          And it goes on:

"President Trump placed his own personal and political interests above our national interest, above the security of our country, and most importantly above our most precious right: the ability of each and every one of us to participate in fair elections, free of corruption," House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., said to close the hearing. "The Constitution has a solution for a president who places his personal or political interests above those of the nation – the power of impeachment."
          It is going to be very interesting.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Except they have no proof that Trump did what they are claiming.
            It's worse than that: they don't have proof that a crime was even committed in the first place, leading to the the repeated refrain that impeachment doesn't have to be predicated on a crime despite the clear language of the Constitution.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              It's worse than that: they don't have proof that a crime was even committed in the first place, leading to the the repeated refrain that impeachment doesn't have to be predicated on a crime despite the clear language of the Constitution.
              Hahaha I love it. A few weeks ago, you said focus groups have shifted the narrative from “QPQ” to “extortion.” It’s all a focus group-led conspiracy! Now you say the narrative is shifting from crime to no crime....because a few have said presidential incompetence from widespread communication failures is impeachable.

Um, remember when Trump tweeted that presidential incompetence should be impeachable? I bet you do.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                Hahaha I love it. A few weeks ago, you said focus groups have shifted the narrative from “QPQ” to “extortion.” It’s all a focus group-led conspiracy! Now you say the narrative is shifting from crime to no crime....because a few have said presidential incompetence from widespread communication failures is impeachable.

Um, remember when Trump tweeted that presidential incompetence should be impeachable? I bet you do.
                There's no denying that Democrats used focus groups to decide which accusations played best to their base. And it wasn't "extortion" they settled on, it was "bribery". But they have also been selling the unconstitutional idea that impeachment doesn't need to be tied to an actual crime (here's a Newsweek article from 2017, and it was repeated again in yesterday's hearing), so it's not an either-or scenario like you're implying. The Democrat narrative seems to be that if Trump committed a crime, then he should be impeached; and if Trump didn't commit a crime, then he should be impeached. Heads, they win; tails, he loses. That's Democrat "justice" for you.

Comment

There's no denying that Democrats used focus groups to decide which accusations played best to their base. And it wasn't "extortion" they settled on, it was "bribery". But they have also been selling the unconstitutional idea that impeachment doesn't need to be tied to an actual crime (here's a Newsweek article from 2017, and it was repeated again in yesterday's hearing), so it's not an either-or scenario like you're implying. The Democrat narrative seems to be that if Trump committed a crime, then he should be impeached; and if Trump didn't commit a crime, then he should be impeached. Heads, they win; tails, he loses. That's Democrat "justice" for you.
                  You must have forgotten that the Republicans did the same thing during the Clinton impeachment. Graham has been called out saying both non-criminal shady malfeasance and actual crime are impeachable, lest the case for either not be persuasive enough.

It’s a political thing rather than a democrat-only thing, but only you are too blind to see if being a Trump bootlicker.

Comment

You must have forgotten that the Republicans did the same thing during the Clinton impeachment. Graham has been called out saying both non-criminal shady malfeasance and actual crime are impeachable, lest the case for either not be persuasive enough.

It’s a political thing rather than a democrat-only thing, but only you are too blind to see if being a Trump bootlicker.
                    Except there is direct evidence that Bill Clinton actually committed crimes. Democrats still haven't figured out what laws Trump is supposed to have broken.

Comment

Except there is direct evidence that Bill Clinton actually committed crimes. Democrats still haven't figured out what laws Trump is supposed to have broken.
                      Um yes they’ve certainly figured it out. Your response is that it’s all hearsay, even though numerous witnesses have confirmed that weird shadow diplomacy designed specifically to benefit the president was going on.

At the very least you should admit we wouldn’t be here if not for Trump’s carelessness. If you’re not even willing to admit Trump is his own worst enemy, garnering criticism not only of people who used to be on his cabinet as well as other respected conservatives like George Will and Anthony Napolitano, then you likely won’t admit Trump is wrong in anything no matter the evidence.

Comment

Pelosi is looking younger...or is it my tv. She’s looking good. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                          Pelosi is looking younger...or is it my tv. She’s looking good. I think.
                          botox???

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            botox???
                            Whatever it is it’s working.

Comment

Um yes they’ve certainly figured it out. Your response is that it’s all hearsay, even though numerous witnesses have confirmed that weird shadow diplomacy designed specifically to benefit the president was going on.

At the very least you should admit we wouldn’t be here if not for Trump’s carelessness. If you’re not even willing to admit Trump is his own worst enemy, garnering criticism not only of people who used to be on his cabinet as well as other respected conservatives like George Will and Anthony Napolitano, then you likely won’t admit Trump is wrong in anything no matter the evidence.
                              It is all hearsay. "I heard from a guy who heard from a guy" is not evidence, it's gossip. The only person on record who spoke directly to Trump was told "No quid pro quo."

"Shadow diplomacy" is just another name for regular old diplomacy, but some people are trying to make it sound sinister when the fact is, every US president since George Washington has used so-called "shadow diplomacy".

It's not Trump's supposed "carelessness" that's the problem but the Democrat party's almost clinical obsession with trying to overturn the 2016 election. I mean, just today you had Rep. Al Green suggesting that they're going to keep investigating and submitting one article of impeachment after another until something sticks!

As for your last paragraph, roughly translated, it reads "If you don't agree with the conservative pundits that I happen to agree with this one time, then you're a stupid head!" which is just

Comment