Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Intersectionality as a Divisive Doctrine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intersectionality as a Divisive Doctrine

I keep encountering discussions which include the topic of intersectionality.

This doctrine seems intent on increasing division and increasing dissatisfaction in this country.

White men are supposed to be self-deprecatory about their 'privilege.' The least privileged are to be handed over the predominate voice and power.

This is strong in virtue signaling -- showing how righteous you are by following the party line. The thing I see happening is that this is promoting groupthink -- that your decisions are not from you own intellect but are based on what values seem to be approved by the community. In its worst manifestations, people seem to be under mind controlled behavior (involving 9 aspects controlling their ability to think rationally).

We may see this in the House where Dems aren't allowed to vote independently but are to follow what Pelosi wants. Well, it may just be a dictatorship in the House rather than mind control.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 12-05-2019, 02:07 PM.

May I ask for a point of clarification?

The title is about intersectionality, but you begin by mentioning intersexuality. I'm guessing that was an error?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      May I ask for a point of clarification?

The title is about intersectionality, but you begin by mentioning intersexuality. I'm guessing that was an error?
      Yes. . Thanks. Nowadays, I need a good editor on standby.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        I keep encountering discussions which include the topic o intersexuality.

This doctrine seems intent on increasing division and increasing dissatisfaction in this country.

White men are supposed to be self-deprecatory about their 'privilege.' The least privileged are to be handed over the predominate voice and power.

This is strong in virtue signaling -- showing how righteous you are by following the party line. The thing I see happening is that this is promoting groupthink -- that your decisions are not from you own intellect but are based on what values seem to be approved by the community. In its worst manifestations, people seem to be under mind controlled behavior (involving 9 aspects controlling their ability to think rationally).

We may see this in the House where Dems aren't allowed to vote independently but are to follow what Pelosi wants. Well, it may just be a dictatorship in the House rather than mind control.

Intersectionality is a deeply dangerous doctrine, it is not about the individual's character, but about which group one belongs to. Virtue is gained, not by beliefs or actions, but by the arbitrary classification of group identity.

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Blame it on Siri. Or Alexa. Or Microsoft!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Intersectionality is a deeply dangerous doctrine, it is not about the individual's character, but about which group one belongs to. Virtue is gained, not by beliefs or actions, but by the arbitrary classification of group identity.

No biggie. You can always self-identify as the most oppressed group and get the most power.

I self-identify as a poor black lesbian vegan woman in a wheel chair on welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              No biggie. You can always self-identify as the most oppressed group and get the most power.

I self-identify as a poor black lesbian vegan woman in a wheel chair on welfare.
              Don't forget the Star of David carved into your wood-rotted peg leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Blame it on Siri. Or Alexa. Or Microsoft!
                But Siri is the oboe player in our music group. Why would I blame her?

Comment

Freudian slip.
                  When I Survey....

Comment

If a wheel chair can be on welfare, the system is further gone than I thought.
                    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                      If a wheel chair can be on welfare, the system is further gone than I thought.
                      That's racist! I am suing!

Comment

I keep encountering discussions which include the topic of intersectionality.

I thought this was about the intersectional views of things like feminism. My impression from an intersectional feminism website I visit p periodically was that it was a way of looking at discrimination and privilege. I think the error in the way this is used is that it becomes about weakness and victimization than about how to have empathy in an increasingly less personalized society and to see ministry needs in some of these groups.

This seems to be the nature of American politics these days.
                        I am become death...

Comment

That's racist! I am suing!
                          Leave it to the economically privileged to undermine the needs of...
                          I am become death...

Comment

I thought it was about cars.

Comment

How is intersectionality divisive? Why do you think supporters are virtue signalling and not just genuinely concerned about representation? How can intersectionality be considered groupthink separate from any other common ideology? Why do you think those who support intersectionality would want to follow Pelosi? Do you have a carbon monoxide detector in your house?

Comment