Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Graham Admits Ukraine Election Meddling Hoax

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    He's just trying to find a silver lining ...
    Actually it dispels the excuses people were coming up with about why Graham is investigating Biden. Because of Russian propaganda. Because he's suddenly become Trump's political toady. Because they have something they're blackmailing Graham with. Etc. Nope, it's because he apparently got a hold of information either he wasn't privy to or just found it much easier to ignore before, and now that's been flung in the open public, his conscience can't ignore it any longer.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    It wasn't just about Crowdstrike:

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire

Kiev officials are scrambling to make amends with the president-elect after quietly working to boost Clinton.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ackfire-233446

A NY Times reporter dug into Ukraine and the Democrats. Critics are still howling.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/a-ny...wling-1.607600
    Yup...

The Republican chairmen of three Senate committees are seeking records from and interviews with a former DNC contractor and a former Ukrainian diplomatic official to determine whether there was any coordination between the Ukrainian government and Democrats in the 2016 election, an allegation Democrats have dismissed as a conspiracy theory.

Sens. Chuck Grassley, Ron Johnson and Lindsey Graham said Friday that they are requesting the records from Alexandra Chalupa, the former DNC contractor, and Andrii Telizkhenko, a former political officer who worked in the Ukrainian embassy.

The senators said the request is a continuation of Grassleyís inquiry in 2017 about possible coordination between the DNC and Ukrainian embassy to dig up dirt on the Trump campaign and former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Let's also not forget that the Ukrainian government brought charges against one of their own officials, Artem Sytnyk (the director of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine -- NABU) who was being investigated for attempting to influence the 2016 vote to the benefit of Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.
    Hmm, being investigated isn't a crime.
    The MSM loves to declare that the idea that Ukraine might also have tried to influence the 2016 presidential campaign as debunked but leave out the fact that it has never been fully investigated.
    And that would be a crime against the U.S. by Ukraine if true. So, what about it? Or are you trying to say it was Ukraine and not Russia.
    Sort of like the Hunter Biden-Burisma connection. They just proclaim that nothing questionable happened without ever investigating it.
    Again, a red herring. Unless you're trying to argue it was Ukraine and not Russia. Putin just loves you guys!

This may have finally changed after Biden's run in with an 80 something year old man at a pep rally who asked about it and got a visibly upset Biden to sputter out push-up challenges and the like (stuff one might expect in a race for 6th grade class president -- not in a race for POTUS).
    The 80 year old idiot was just parroting the right wing propaganda that he's been listening to on FOX NEWS.
    This exchange has gone viral resulting in some members of the press FINALLY asking Joe Biden about his son and the Ukraine.
    So what, none of that excuses the presidents abuse of power in Ukraine.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Yup...
    Hmmm, did Chalupa abuse her power, was there a quid pro quo?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Is there no difference between these claims:

A few Ukrainians dig up dirt

A few hundred Russians coordinating in a government endorsed operation to influence via social media, hack and dig up dirt

6. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
    Is there no difference between these claims:

A few Ukrainians dig up dirt

A few hundred Russians coordinating in a government endorsed operation to influence via social media, hack and dig up dirt
    You mean Russian propaganda they claim pushed liberal causes like BLM and endorsed Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You mean Russian propaganda they claim pushed liberal causes like BLM and endorsed Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein?
    Isnít that still meddling by Russians?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If relatively unimportant Ukraine meddled too, the number of countries that meddled can't be less than 30. It's normal.

A small number of trolls on Facebook is very very mild meddling, compared to the average for big powers like Russia.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The allegations of that come from a company called New Knowledge. The chief head of that company was caught actually creating fake Russian bots themselves that they claim were supporting a Republican in a senate race so they could then accuse the Republican of being endorsed by Russia. I kid you not. Here is the NYT source for that, and a DC source if you get stopped by a paywall.

Not only is New Knowledge obviously partisan biased, but they've shown they engage in deceptive political tactics for bias purposes. This is the source that claimed our social media was influenced by Russian propaganda and this is the source MSM is citing when they report that. Even the Mueller Report cited them as a source. So I ask you, is this a reliable source? I'll let you make that assessment yourself.

As far as me connecting it to leftist politics. I do that because when the left keeps screaming Russia propaganda, Russian propaganda when it comes to Trump, I have a natural tendency to point out that this same Russian propaganda was pushing leftwing politics and leftist candidates. So, do you really want to go there?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My favorite was when filmmaker Michael Moore showed up at an anti-Trump rally that was staged by a Russian group.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra