Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Graham Admits Ukraine Election Meddling Hoax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
    Is there no difference between these claims:

A few Ukrainians dig up dirt

A few hundred Russians coordinating in a government endorsed operation to influence via social media, hack and dig up dirt
    You mean Russian propaganda they claim pushed liberal causes like BLM and endorsed Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      You mean Russian propaganda they claim pushed liberal causes like BLM and endorsed Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein?
      Isn’t that still meddling by Russians?

Comment

If relatively unimportant Ukraine meddled too, the number of countries that meddled can't be less than 30. It's normal.

A small number of trolls on Facebook is very very mild meddling, compared to the average for big powers like Russia.
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

The allegations of that come from a company called New Knowledge. The chief head of that company was caught actually creating fake Russian bots themselves that they claim were supporting a Republican in a senate race so they could then accuse the Republican of being endorsed by Russia. I kid you not. Here is the NYT source for that, and a DC source if you get stopped by a paywall.

Not only is New Knowledge obviously partisan biased, but they've shown they engage in deceptive political tactics for bias purposes. This is the source that claimed our social media was influenced by Russian propaganda and this is the source MSM is citing when they report that. Even the Mueller Report cited them as a source. So I ask you, is this a reliable source? I'll let you make that assessment yourself.

As far as me connecting it to leftist politics. I do that because when the left keeps screaming Russia propaganda, Russian propaganda when it comes to Trump, I have a natural tendency to point out that this same Russian propaganda was pushing leftwing politics and leftist candidates. So, do you really want to go there?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            My favorite was when filmmaker Michael Moore showed up at an anti-Trump rally that was staged by a Russian group.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
              If relatively unimportant Ukraine meddled too, the number of countries that meddled can't be less than 30. It's normal.

A small number of trolls on Facebook is very very mild meddling, compared to the average for big powers like Russia.
              And just how did Ukraine meddle. And your country is hardly a big power.

Comment