Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

New Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job?

Hey guys. I'm uh....thinking of making a career change. For a few years now I've been thinking of how nice it would be to work in the private sector, maybe an NGO/non-profit. But my professional background means any role I'd be qualified for would be pretty niche. For close to 6 months I've specifically been watching for job postings from a local, Christian nonprofit that I think pretty highly of. But most of the postings I'm either not qualified for or else overqualified. I met with a family friend that worked there (then) who was a manager for them as I considered a posting they had open at the time. He told me, basically, that I was overqualified for the job and encouraged me to aim higher and to wait to see if something better was posted.

They've recently posted a position that is right up my ally (not sure if the friend actually new this was coming up or not). I'm solidly qualified for about 90% of what they want...looks like a newly created position and I imagine there's some wiggle room over some of the preferences they have. What they're looking for is extremely specific and I'm not sure how big the applicant pool will be, since they're legally allowed to screen for religious beliefs as a religious nonprofit... and not everyone wants to move to this (rural) area. The location is closer to home for me, but still close enough to where I am now that I wouldn't even have to move immediately.

Please pray that I'll make the right decisions here (and that they will as well, as I'm about 95% sure I'm going to apply). I have no idea if I'd actually have a real shot at it, but the job sounds really exciting. It's also rather....interesting....that I've felt led to this type of work for a few years now, and more so that I specifically started watching for jobs from this organization earlier this year, specifically wishing they had an position like this....and not having any idea if they did or not. Thanks guys.
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

-ing myth
      3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment