Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    You misspelled stable genius. No one knows more about the subconscious than I.
    Misspelled what where? And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar....
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I expect his reelection... But your snide remark doesn't change what I said.
    I did not mean to change anything. It was just an attempt to make some fun. I do not believe it was anything more than a typo.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I did not mean to change anything. It was just an attempt to make some fun. I do not believe it was anything more than a typo.
    And Charles did you really expect conservatives Christians to support Clinton over Trump, or now to support the radical left over him?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And Charles did you really expect conservatives Christians to support Clinton over Trump, or now to support the radical left over him?
    There is a huge difference between voting for or even supporting Trump at some point and then describing him in these terms:

What I want to say in closing is this election is not a battle between Republicans and Democrats. It’s a battle between good and evil, light and darkness, righteousness and unrighteousness. . . . This is the last chance we have, I’m convinced, as a country to turn this country around.”
    You see the difference?
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    There is a huge difference between voting for or even supporting Trump at some point and then describing him in these terms:

You see the difference?
    Well as far as POLICY it is kind of good verses evil.

6. Amen NorrinRadd, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've asked which candidate for president Christians could have safely voted for in 2016, but nobody has ever given me an answer. No matter who we vote for, liberals can always throw that candidate's moral failings in our faces. I think, in the end, liberals would love for us to simply remove ourselves from the political process.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    You'd likely find the same numbers for other previous presidents because it's a very short step from "it's God's will" to "God wanted this" for many people.
    Po-tay-toes, po-tah-toes, as far as I'm concerned.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    IMO, the issue is roughly this:

1) Christians should want a POTUS who protects Christian values and liberties, but does not impose them -- whether those values be opposition to gay marriage (for the conservative Christians) or social justice (for the liberal Christians).

2) The job of POTUS is to do what is best for the country, not to be a moral or religious exemplar.

3) If it really is the case that it is "immoral" or "sinful" for a Christian to vote for an "unchristlike" person, or for a Christian politician to favor policies that are good for our country, even if they may have the secondary effect of harming Christians in other countries, then the best thing Christians can do is separate from "the world," and not participate in politics in any way.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I've asked which candidate for president Christians could have safely voted for in 2016, but nobody has ever given me an answer. No matter who we vote for, liberals can always throw that candidate's moral failings in our faces. I think, in the end, liberals would love for us to simply remove ourselves from the political process.
    The thread is not about who you voted for, and you would have known if you had read the op and the article pointed to carefully. I understand you like to make it a discussion about that since then you can avoid some of the difficult parts of it where Trump is described in religious terms and where the majority of the Christian right continue to support him though he is obviously lying and being inhuman towards others. But whataboutism and the they-do-not-want-us-to-vote strawman is seen so many times before. It does not adress the point though.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well as far as POLICY it is kind of good verses evil.
    So, the family separations were good? Causing such extreme pain and suffering to children who had no choice was good? The continued lies are good?