Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by myth View Post
    Yeah sorry, poor choice of phrase there. I was going for dramatic. But you do acknowledge he was once a philanderer, as far as we can tell?
    Yes. Do you acknowledge that he's almost certainly gotten a grip on it?
    . Bloomberg, by comparison, may be the candidate that most of the Founders hoped would arise: a wealthy patrician, much like them, who would use his vast resources and influence to defeat what he views as disruptive elements in the nation’s political system.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Yes. Do you acknowledge that he's almost certainly gotten a grip on it?
    Yes. It's possible he's just gotten better at it. But at his age, I'd guess he's mostly given it up.
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If you're not paying attention to the news, then that's your fault, not mine. This ought to get you started. The things I've mentioned were so well established by the news media, I didn't really expect anyone other than MM to deny them. But hey, learn something new every day.
    A 'conservative' that trusts Fake News, never gets old. Let's take the most recent one, there is no good evidence for personal quid pro quo between Trump and Ukraine. National quid pro quo is what diplomacy is all about.
    . Bloomberg, by comparison, may be the candidate that most of the Founders hoped would arise: a wealthy patrician, much like them, who would use his vast resources and influence to defeat what he views as disruptive elements in the nation’s political system.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A 'conservative' that trusts Fake News, never gets old. Let's take the most recent one, there is no good evidence for personal quid pro quo between Trump and Ukraine. National quid pro quo is what diplomacy is all about.
    You mean except for the part where the Chief of Staff admitted to said quid pro quo in a press conference, then realized his giant mistake and tried to talk it back? Or the testimony of multiple administration officials talking about it? Or, I dunno....the transcripts of the phone calls?
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    On another claim, "How about using his leverage as a presidential candidate to seek business opportunities in Moscow?"

Where in the long article does it say that? You're still elephant hurling, thinking that by linking the first Fake News article you google that you provide proof. What a joke.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You mean except for the part where the Chief of Staff admitted to said quid pro quo in a press conference, then realized his giant mistake and tried to talk it back? Or the testimony of multiple administration officials talking about it? Or, I dunno....the transcripts of the phone calls?
    At best they can establish a quid pro quo on the national level, which is what diplomacy is. Nothing has established personal quid pro quo.

7. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    On another claim, "How about using his leverage as a presidential candidate to seek business opportunities in Moscow?"

Where in the long article does it say that? You're still elephant hurling, thinking that by linking the first Fake News article you google that you provide proof. What a joke.
    I'm sorry, I read at least a dozen news articles a week as well as listening to podcasts and watching some limit TV. It's hard to remember the source material for everything I've ever heard offhand. I googled for articles for the relevant material from decent news organizations. I'll be happy to review the article in more detail, if you can try to stay civil here and actually pay attention.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    At best they can establish a quid pro quo on the national level, which is what diplomacy is. Nothing has established personal quid pro quo.
    LOL, you can't even read apparently. For one who's so poorly informed, you're pretty quick to make disparaging remarks. I'll link the article, again. Its the one with words like "Trump", "Moscow", "President", and "deal" in the title.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex.../#3236c526bc32

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'll be happy to review the article in more detail
    Translation: you didn't actually review the articles that you cited, and expected me to take them seriously as evidence.

What a joke, I'm not dealing with this any more.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    LOL, you can't even read apparently. For one who's so poorly informed, you're pretty quick to make disparaging remarks. I'll link the article, again. Its the one with words like "Trump", "Moscow", "President", and "deal" in the title.
    One last post. "Nothing has established personal quid pro quo" was about the Ukraine nonsense. Retard, you can't read.