Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Which is why what I'm really rejecting are your hidden assumptions.
    My assumptions aren't hidden, I know what they are. Instead of using catch-phrases, try to make real argument for once.
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
      Don't be obtuse. I said I hadn't provided proof; not that I didn't have any. Gimme a few minutes and I'll go gathering information for you, you sanctimonious jerk.
      "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof". Until then, MM and I are not going to take your claims seriously.
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I think it's important to let it be known I don't condone presidential crotch-grabbing
        I've posted elsewhere that Trump has almost certainly gotten a grip on his philandering habits, otherwise 24/7 her face would be on CNN.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof". Until then, MM and I are not going to take your claims seriously.
          https://time.com/4101290/what-the-le...t-its-founder/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/24/n...trump-nyc.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...4c7_story.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/u...ranscript.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9011021.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex.../#6414d60abc32

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachels.../#54b5dae540a4

If you're not paying attention to the news, then that's your fault, not mine. This ought to get you started. The things I've mentioned were so well established by the news media, I didn't really expect anyone other than MM to deny them. But hey, learn something new every day.
          "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

I've posted elsewhere that Trump has almost certainly gotten a grip on his philandering habits, otherwise 24/7 her face would be on CNN.
            Yeah sorry, poor choice of phrase there. I was going for dramatic. But you do acknowledge he was once a philanderer, as far as we can tell?

Comment

Yeah sorry, poor choice of phrase there. I was going for dramatic. But you do acknowledge he was once a philanderer, as far as we can tell?
              Yes. Do you acknowledge that he's almost certainly gotten a grip on it?

Comment

Yes. Do you acknowledge that he's almost certainly gotten a grip on it?
                Yes. It's possible he's just gotten better at it. But at his age, I'd guess he's mostly given it up.

Comment

If you're not paying attention to the news, then that's your fault, not mine. This ought to get you started. The things I've mentioned were so well established by the news media, I didn't really expect anyone other than MM to deny them. But hey, learn something new every day.
                  A 'conservative' that trusts Fake News, never gets old. Let's take the most recent one, there is no good evidence for personal quid pro quo between Trump and Ukraine. National quid pro quo is what diplomacy is all about.

Comment

A 'conservative' that trusts Fake News, never gets old. Let's take the most recent one, there is no good evidence for personal quid pro quo between Trump and Ukraine. National quid pro quo is what diplomacy is all about.
                    You mean except for the part where the Chief of Staff admitted to said quid pro quo in a press conference, then realized his giant mistake and tried to talk it back? Or the testimony of multiple administration officials talking about it? Or, I dunno....the transcripts of the phone calls?

Comment

On another claim, "How about using his leverage as a presidential candidate to seek business opportunities in Moscow?"

Where in the long article does it say that? You're still elephant hurling, thinking that by linking the first Fake News article you google that you provide proof. What a joke.

Comment

You mean except for the part where the Chief of Staff admitted to said quid pro quo in a press conference, then realized his giant mistake and tried to talk it back? Or the testimony of multiple administration officials talking about it? Or, I dunno....the transcripts of the phone calls?
                        At best they can establish a quid pro quo on the national level, which is what diplomacy is. Nothing has established personal quid pro quo.

Comment

On another claim, "How about using his leverage as a presidential candidate to seek business opportunities in Moscow?"

Where in the long article does it say that? You're still elephant hurling, thinking that by linking the first Fake News article you google that you provide proof. What a joke.
                          I'm sorry, I read at least a dozen news articles a week as well as listening to podcasts and watching some limit TV. It's hard to remember the source material for everything I've ever heard offhand. I googled for articles for the relevant material from decent news organizations. I'll be happy to review the article in more detail, if you can try to stay civil here and actually pay attention.

Comment

At best they can establish a quid pro quo on the national level, which is what diplomacy is. Nothing has established personal quid pro quo.
                            LOL, you can't even read apparently. For one who's so poorly informed, you're pretty quick to make disparaging remarks. I'll link the article, again. Its the one with words like "Trump", "Moscow", "President", and "deal" in the title.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex.../#3236c526bc32

Comment

I'll be happy to review the article in more detail
                              Translation: you didn't actually review the articles that you cited, and expected me to take them seriously as evidence.

What a joke, I'm not dealing with this any more.

Comment

LOL, you can't even read apparently. For one who's so poorly informed, you're pretty quick to make disparaging remarks. I'll link the article, again. Its the one with words like "Trump", "Moscow", "President", and "deal" in the title.
                                One last post. "Nothing has established personal quid pro quo" was about the Ukraine nonsense. Retard, you can't read.

Comment