Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Pray for Samoa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pray for Samoa

Major measles outbreak.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tivist-charged
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Goodness gracious.
      sigpic

Comment

Is the vaccine failing or is this a virulent version of measles? This is worse than the expected 1/10000 deaths.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            Is the vaccine failing or is this a virulent version of measles? This is worse than the expected 1/10000 deaths.
            Apparently the anti-vax movement is pretty strong in Samoa resulting low vaccination rates. That was a formula for disaster. After a massive government-led vaccination drive FWIU the rate is now up around 90% but is it too late?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Apparently the anti-vax movement is pretty strong in Samoa resulting low vaccination rates. That was a formula for disaster. After a massive government-led vaccination drive FWIU the rate is now up around 90% but is it too late?
              It was a failure to vaccinate due to fear. Two nurses were involved in vaccination errors that leads to deaths. This scared people off from getting the vaccine-not just the typical anti vaccination arguments.
              https://www.immune.org.nz/hot-topic/...ng-mmr-vaccine

Lord have mercy.
              I am become death...

Comment

Mercy to them, indeed--will pray...
                "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment