Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Joe Biden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    It's the usual nonsense.

Fake News: 'Take this seriously!!!!!'
    TDS-afflicted: 'Yessss...it is serious Normal people, don't you agree!?!??!'
    Normal people: 'No.'
    TDS-afflicted: meltdown
    I'm not the one who edited his post to surreptitiously clean up his mistake. But do tell me about how I'm the one arguing in bad faith.

Comment

• Are you high again on DMX or whatever it's called?
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
        Are you high again on DMX or whatever it's called?
        Yes, I inject gangsta rappers into my veins then go online and troll Christians. I told you I was hardcore.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          Yes, I inject gangsta rappers into my veins then go online and troll Christians. I told you I was hardcore.
          Okay. Don't ever post in my threads again.
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Lots of buzz about Peter Schweizer's new book titled Profiles in Corruption that documents how the Biden family used their connections with Vice President Joe and the Obama administration to enrich themselves.

Notably, the book is thoroughly vetted with over 1000 end notes and no unnamed sources, so liberals won't believe a word of it.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Lots of buzz about Peter Schweizer's new book titled Profiles in Corruption that documents how the Biden family used their connections with Vice President Joe and the Obama administration to enrich themselves.

Notably, the book is thoroughly vetted with over 1000 end notes and no unnamed sources, so liberals won't believe a word of it.
              What the Bidens did or didn't do is irrelevant to the case against the president.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                What the Bidens did or didn't do is irrelevant to the case against the president.
                Straight from the latest liberal talking points. Good boy. Sit.

However, if Biden and his family were knee deep in corruption and using Joe's influence as a vice president to, say, get his son a cushy, overpaid job at a Ukrainian gas company and strong arm the Ukrainian government into firing a prosecutor who was investigating said company, then it would be proper for President Trump to ask the Ukrainian government to take another look at it.

Comment

Straight from the latest liberal talking points. Good boy. Sit.

However, if Biden and his family were knee deep in corruption and using Joe's influence as a vice president to, say, get his son a cushy, overpaid job at a Ukrainian gas company and strong arm the Ukrainian government into firing a prosecutor who was investigating said company, then it would be proper for President Trump to ask the Ukrainian government to take another look at it.
                  For one thing, the U.S. is responsible for investigating it's own citizens, not foreign countries. For another an investigation into the Bidens wasn't requested, simply the announcement of one on CNN by Zelensky was the request. And that request was obviously simply for personal political gain for Trump. But that is not even the charge against Trump. The charge is that he withheld congressionally appropriated funds in violation of the impoundment act, in order to extort, or bribe if you will, a foreign country, putting the national security of both the U.S. and Ukraine at risk in the process while purposefully acting to cover up the scheme. Not to mention his entire coverup and obstruction of the congressional investigation after getting caught.

Comment

• Liberal Talking Points R Us!

Comment

Liberal Talking Points R Us!
                      Conservative spin zone 'R' u

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Straight from the latest liberal talking points.
                        …says Fox and Breitbart’s little sir echo.

However, if Biden and his family were knee deep in corruption and using Joe's influence as a vice president to, say, get his son a cushy, overpaid job at a Ukrainian gas company
                        You mean like Ivanka, Jared and Don Jnr getting cushy jobs in Trump’s administration.

then it would be proper for President Trump to ask the Ukrainian government to take another look at it.
                        Firstly, Trump didn’t want an investigation – merely the “ANNOUNCEMENT” of an investigation. Secondly, it is the role of the US Justice Dept to investigate alleged errant behavior of US citizens, NOT that of a foreign government. The world knows Trump was merely trying to make his political rival look bad and it backfired. Poor Donny. Now we know that the opponent he fears most is Biden.
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          You mean like Ivanka, Jared and Don Jnr getting cushy jobs in Trump’s administration.
                          Definitely political nepotism. But that's different than getting a job with a ridiculously bloated salary he was obviously unqualified for, in a foreign country with US government foreign interests intertwined through and through, and working for an obvious corrupt oligarch that was accused of embezzling US foreign aid. Just a wee bit different.

Comment

• And it wasn't just Biden's son who cashed in. Schweizer says:

"There’s no coincidence that all the deals that you talked about, whether it’s Hunter, whether it’s James, whether it’s Frank, all of them occur when? During this eight-year period when Joe Biden is vice president of the United States. He’d been a prominent senator before that, but the ship really came in as far as these financial deals when he was vice president. Because all of these entities either wanted something from him, or they wanted to please the vice president of the United States, and the Biden family got rich as a result."

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020...-biden-was-vp/

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              …says Fox and Breitbart’s little sir echo.
                              Our resident media tourist chiding someone for listening to a biased media source. Oh the irony...
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                Definitely political nepotism. But that's different than getting a job with a ridiculously bloated salary he was obviously unqualified for, in a foreign country with US government foreign interests intertwined through and through, and working for an obvious corrupt oligarch that was accused of embezzling US foreign aid. Just a wee bit different.
                                If this is true, it is the role of the US Justice Dept to investigate unacceptable behavior of US citizens, NOT that of a foreign government. Trump's error (not to mention bad judgement leading to impeachment) was trying to extort Ukraine for his own political gain.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment