Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Joe Biden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    In the case you propose above, the officer would not shoot him at all, much less in the leg. They should only shoot if there is an eminent threat to their lives or the lives of others. Which is why they shoot to kill, not wound.
    Shoot to STOP!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• https://www.wsicweb.com/wsicnews/28-...our-elections/

Between 2012 and 2018, 28.3 million mail-in ballots remain unaccounted for, according to data from the federal Election Assistance Commission. The missing ballots amount to nearly one in five of all absentee ballots and ballots mailed to voters residing in states that do elections exclusively by mail.
      States and local authorities simply have no idea what happened to these ballots since they were mailed – and the figure of 28 million missing ballots is likely even higher because some areas in the country, notably Chicago, did not respond to the federal agency’s survey questions. This figure does not include ballots that were spoiled, undeliverable, or came back for any reason.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Again, Trump had a special commission set up to investigate this. Why didn't he release a report documenting these sweeping instances of voting fraud?
        You mean something like this?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Shoot to STOP!
          fine!

But if someone was just standing there with a knife, the officer would have no justification or need to shoot him. And he would probably have his taser out and try that first.

If he was waving a gun around, it would be a different story.

Comment

fine!

But if someone was just standing there with a knife, the officer would have no justification or need to shoot him. And he would probably have his taser out and try that first.

FWIU, many police departments treat someone armed with a knife little different than they do someone armed with a gun -- at least when they're relatively close.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              You mean something like this?
              So you consider 1071 cases over 18 years to be "widespread voter fraud"?

Comment

In the case you propose above, the officer would not shoot him at all, much less in the leg. They should only shoot if there is an eminent threat to their lives or the lives of others. Which is why they shoot to kill, not wound.
                I agree with you. That's why I think his comments are a mix of pandering and of "making a point" rather than actually advising cops to shoot in the leg (I hope. He's certainly been in government long enough to know why that is a bad idea as a general policy).

Comment

I agree with you. That's why I think his comments are a mix of pandering and of "making a point" rather than actually advising cops to shoot in the leg (I hope. He's certainly been in government long enough to know why that is a bad idea as a general policy).
                  Did you notice how stiff he was and turned his whole body instead of his head? I bet he has PSP!

Comment

fine!
                    It makes a BIG difference in court.

Youbetcha.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Shoot to STOP!
                      I'm not sure I appreciate the distinction other than it sounds better from a public relations standpoint for police to say "shoot to stop" rather than "shoot to kill". One of the first rules of firearm safety is never point a gun at anything you don't intend to destroy, and any large calibre bullet to the center mass is more likely to be fatal than not.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Did you notice how stiff he was and turned his whole body instead of his head? I bet he has PSP!
                        Here's a slightly longer clip where he turns his head, idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          I'm not sure I appreciate the distinction other than it sounds better from a public relations standpoint for police to say "shoot to stop" rather than "shoot to kill".
                          If I shoot the guy, and it's not a fatal shot, but he drops to his knees, he is "stopped". I don't need to continue plugging away until he's dead.

One of the first rules of firearm safety is never point a gun at anything you don't intend to destroy, and any large calibre bullet to the center mass is more likely to be fatal than not.
                          The discussion has been about officer-involved shootings. There are different rules and accountability, because they are supposed to be TRAINED in such things. In a shooting board, which follows the officer-involved shooting, this becomes CRITICAL.

Comment

Here's a slightly longer clip where he turns his head, idiot.
                            Hey just doing what you have been doing with Trump.

Comment

• At least 15% of you schlubs are just bad folks. Remember that.

Comment