Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Joe Biden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    If Biden is smart...
    "I'm Joe Biden, and I'm running for the United States Senate, so I'd appreciate your support, but if you don't like me then vote for the other Biden."

"We have to take care of the cure. That will make the problem worse, no matter what. No matter what."

"Folks who want to nominate a Democrat, a lifelong Democrat, a proud Democrat, an OBiden-Bama Democrat, join us."

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, all men and women created by guh... you know... you know, the thing."

"I just can't figure the guy. It's like, I don't know, it's like watching a yo-yo. I shouldn't have said it that way. That was a stupid way to say it."

(And, yes, these are all genuine Biden quotes.)
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Sometimes, just sometimes Trump troll tweets are hilarious

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Does anybody actually know what the legal mechanisms are should a candidate drop out with regards to a medical issue?

There was a high profile election in Missouri a couple decades ago where a candidate died before the election but could not be removed from the ballot because there was no legal mechanism for doing so, and he still won.
        I think there would have to be a brokered convention and that would decide on a new candidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Does anybody actually know what the legal mechanisms are should a candidate drop out with regards to a medical issue?

There was a high profile election in Missouri a couple decades ago where a candidate died before the election but could not be removed from the ballot because there was no legal mechanism for doing so, and he still won.
          The primary process is controlled entirely by the parties, so the Democrats can change the rules whenever and however they see fit. But I'm not sure that would even be necessary if Biden dropped out, because they already have super delegates who vote how the party wants regardless of how their constituents might have voted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            The primary process is controlled entirely by the parties, so the Democrats can change the rules whenever and however they see fit. But I'm not sure that would even be necessary if Biden dropped out, because they already have super delegates who vote how the party wants regardless of how their constituents might have voted.
            The problem with that is the wrath of the bernie bros and how obviously staged that would look. But they might not vote anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter, or the DNC just doesn't care.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
              The problem with that is the wrath of the bernie bros and how obviously staged that would look. But they might not vote anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter, or the DNC just doesn't care.
              The DNC have been so brazen this time around. I predicted that Bernie had zero chance because that was obvious, but I don't know how far the DNC will go.
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Democrat voters are stupid, and Democrat politicians know it.

Comment

• Another classic Biden quote:

"I, you know, but I think that, you know - I think if there's an election, if there was an election, if people - depending how many showed up, I think I'll have done well, but who knows."

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveGues...09122319048707

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Wishful thinking, Bill?
                    Nope. Just know how you Dems operate. I heard the worldwide coronavirus death toll will eventually approach the Clinton death toll...
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• "I'm Joe Biden. And I forgot this message."

Comment

• Trump/Biden debate is going to be a national disaster. Trump's already making fun of his dementia.

Comment

Democrat voters are stupid, and Democrat politicians know it.
                          I want DNC to continue pushing an obviously senile candidate, to make it absolutely clear what they are.
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Trump/Biden debate is going to be a national disaster. Trump's already making fun of his dementia.
                            Don's going to talk Joe in circles, and Joe won't be able to think on the fly. It's going to be a slaughter when they debate...
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              Don's going to talk Joe in circles, and Joe won't be able to think on the fly. It's going to be a slaughter when they debate...
                              The only way Democrats can mitigate this (assuming they don't put Joe out to pasture first) is to push to have the debate format changed to be as scripted and predictable as possible -- and even then I'm not sure Joe could make it through without uttering at least one of his trademark "gaffes".

Comment

The only way Democrats can mitigate this (assuming they don't put Joe out to pasture first) is to push to have the debate format changed to be as scripted and predictable as possible -- and even then I'm not sure Joe could make it through without uttering at least one of his trademark "gaffes".
                                It would never work. Trump wouldn't follow the script lol.

Comment