Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast

Thread: The Joe Biden thread

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    In the case you propose above, the officer would not shoot him at all, much less in the leg. They should only shoot if there is an eminent threat to their lives or the lives of others. Which is why they shoot to kill, not wound.
    Shoot to STOP!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    https://www.wsicweb.com/wsicnews/28-...our-elections/

Between 2012 and 2018, 28.3 million mail-in ballots remain unaccounted for, according to data from the federal Election Assistance Commission. The missing ballots amount to nearly one in five of all absentee ballots and ballots mailed to voters residing in states that do elections exclusively by mail.
    States and local authorities simply have no idea what happened to these ballots since they were mailed – and the figure of 28 million missing ballots is likely even higher because some areas in the country, notably Chicago, did not respond to the federal agency’s survey questions. This figure does not include ballots that were spoiled, undeliverable, or came back for any reason.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

3. Amen rogue06 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Again, Trump had a special commission set up to investigate this. Why didn't he release a report documenting these sweeping instances of voting fraud?
    You mean something like this?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Shoot to STOP!
    fine!

But if someone was just standing there with a knife, the officer would have no justification or need to shoot him. And he would probably have his taser out and try that first.

If he was waving a gun around, it would be a different story.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    fine!

But if someone was just standing there with a knife, the officer would have no justification or need to shoot him. And he would probably have his taser out and try that first.

FWIU, many police departments treat someone armed with a knife little different than they do someone armed with a gun -- at least when they're relatively close.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    You mean something like this?
    So you consider 1071 cases over 18 years to be "widespread voter fraud"?

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    In the case you propose above, the officer would not shoot him at all, much less in the leg. They should only shoot if there is an eminent threat to their lives or the lives of others. Which is why they shoot to kill, not wound.
    I agree with you. That's why I think his comments are a mix of pandering and of "making a point" rather than actually advising cops to shoot in the leg (I hope. He's certainly been in government long enough to know why that is a bad idea as a general policy).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    I agree with you. That's why I think his comments are a mix of pandering and of "making a point" rather than actually advising cops to shoot in the leg (I hope. He's certainly been in government long enough to know why that is a bad idea as a general policy).
    Did you notice how stiff he was and turned his whole body instead of his head? I bet he has PSP!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    fine!
    It makes a BIG difference in court.

Youbetcha.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Shoot to STOP!
    I'm not sure I appreciate the distinction other than it sounds better from a public relations standpoint for police to say "shoot to stop" rather than "shoot to kill". One of the first rules of firearm safety is never point a gun at anything you don't intend to destroy, and any large calibre bullet to the center mass is more likely to be fatal than not.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra