Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Joe Biden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    ...And Trump can't even say clearly whether he has Coronavirus or not.

"I tested very positively in another sense," Trump added. "I tested positively toward negative, right? So no, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."
    Oh, come on, you're smarter than that.... he clearly said "in another sense" when he said he "tested very positively", and went on to clarify to all but the most TDS afflicted..... "So no, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."

It's a dumb thing in the medical profession that "testing negative" is a very positive thing.

I remember the first time I heard the doc tell me that my brother's cancer test was "positive" (I was 18) I thought, well, GREAT!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      In the same interview, he implied that all black people use drugs

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...period-nobody/
      You just know if he faces Trump, Trump is going to try to trigger him on racial issues to say something really dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Oh, come on, you're smarter than that.... he clearly said "in another sense" when he said he "tested very positively", and went on to clarify to all but the most TDS afflicted..... "So no, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."

It's a dumb thing in the medical profession that "testing negative" is a very positive thing.

I remember the first time I heard the doc tell me that my brother's cancer test was "positive" (I was 18) I thought, well, GREAT!!!!
        Of course I know what he meant. I also know his answer isn't the product of a well functioning brain. If Biden gave an answer like this you guys would have a field day and I'd agree with you that the answer was terrible.

Comment

In the same interview, he implied that all black people use drugs

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...period-nobody/
          Quote where he implied that. I read your link.

Comment

Of course I know what he meant. I also know his answer isn't the product of a well functioning brain. If Biden gave an answer like this you guys would have a field day and I'd agree with you that the answer was terrible.
            Meh.... Trump says some really dumb things, but in this case I think it's possible he accidentally said "positive", realized that's "backwards" in medical jargon, and went on to clarify. If anybody is confused about what he actually meant, they're either stupid or stubborn.

Joe's rambling start/stop sentences is different -- he seems to be totally confused and often can't even complete a whole sentence without stumbling through it.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
              Quote where he implied that. I read your link.
              Did you not read the link?

Joe Biden: "The plan I have is my manifesto for black American, and particularly the portion of it that relates to how, in fact, we’re gonna deal with the prison system. If you are in prison, if you are convicted of a crime — No one should be going to jail for drug crime. Period. Nobody. Nobody. No matter what the crime, particularly marijuana which makes no sense for people to go to jail."

Why is that a manifesto specifically for black Americans? What's the implication here?

Come on, man!
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Meh.... Trump says some really dumb things, but in this case I think it's possible he accidentally said "positive", realized that's "backwards" in medical jargon, and went on to clarify. If anybody is confused about what he actually meant, they're either stupid or stubborn.

Joe's rambling start/stop sentences is different -- he seems to be totally confused and often can't even complete a whole sentence without stumbling through it.
                And being that Biden's "old school," meaning he has old fashion ways (or un-PC ways) of thinking in regards to race and gender, and the fact his brain is broken (so he can't disguise it as well) is a sure bet he's going to keep saying things that folks in this day and age find offensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  And being that Biden's "old school," meaning he has old fashion ways (or un-PC ways) of thinking in regards to race and gender, and the fact his brain is broken is a sure bet he's going to keep saying things that folks in this day and age find offensive.
                  Joe reminds me of another Joe --- an old man in his 90's in the nursing home that I took our "Royal Ambassadors" (think cub scouts) to visit. He loved to sing, and before we left, I asked him (I never did it again ) to sing a song for us.

He smiled, then began to sing....

Jesus loves the sinner, sinner, sinner, Jesus loves the sinner, He loves everyone!
                  Jesus loves the preacher, preacher, preacher, Jesus loves the preacher, He loves everyone!
                  Jesus loves the [N word], [N word], [N word], Jesus loves the [N word], He loves everyone!

The boys did their best not to burst into laughter.

Comment

• I thought the "testing positive" thing was an obvious attempt at making a joke
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Some of us were a lot smarter and never got caught.
                      And some of us were even invited.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Did you not read the link?

Joe Biden: "The plan I have is my manifesto for black American, and particularly the portion of it that relates to how, in fact, we’re gonna deal with the prison system. If you are in prison, if you are convicted of a crime — No one should be going to jail for drug crime. Period. Nobody. Nobody. No matter what the crime, particularly marijuana which makes no sense for people to go to jail."

Why is that a manifesto specifically for black Americans? What's the implication here?

Come on, man!
                        If you watched the interview you'd see that that comes from an extended portion of his track record of criminal justice reform.

The "implication" is that PoC are treated more harshly by our criminal justice system than Whites (which is just a matter of fact that is well established).

Whatever man, if you're going to insist on pulling things out of context with no effort to understand what they actually mean it just proves how little you care about the truth. I do the opposite because I care about the truth. Notice that I didn't jump in to defend Biden's "you ain't black" statement. I don't think it's as bad as the article makes out but I didn't find surrounding context which changed its meaning significantly enough for me to not agree it was a regretful statement for him to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          I thought the "testing positive" thing was an obvious attempt at making a joke
                          Did you listen to the video? It didn't sound like a joke to me.

Comment

Trump bragged about sexually assaulting women.

And Trump can't even say clearly whether he has Coronavirus or not.

"I tested very positively in another sense," Trump added. "I tested positively toward negative, right? So no, I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."
                            Charles will be scooting in on his backside shrieking "WHATABOUTISM!" any second now.

Oh, who am I kidding. Chuckie's outrage is incredibly selective. He has never, not once, complained about a liberal behaving in the manner that instantly sends him spinning on his eyebrows spitting wooden nickles when anyone else does it. Not. Once.

Moreover, IIRC Trump never said that he ever grabbed a woman by her private parts (as Biden has been accused of) but rather that billionaires can get away with such behavior. I've always looked at that statement in the same way I look about his statement being able to get away with gunning someone down in the middle of the street. Obvious gross exaggeration for effect. Something he does a lot.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                              The "implication" is that PoC are treated more harshly by our criminal justice system than Whites (which is just a matter of fact that is well established).
                              Not a fact at all. Blacks are incarcerated at disproportionately higher rates only because they commit a disproportionate percentage of crimes.

But that's not to say that all blacks are criminals like Joe implied.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                You just know if he faces Trump, Trump is going to try to trigger him on racial issues to say something really dumb.
                                Considering the number of times he effectively lost it when asked rather innocuous questions from voters I would think his handlers are likely more worried about him flipping out during a debate than him making even more gaffes.

Comment