Which is the truth?
    C'mon CP, you're not that dumb.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    C'mon CP, you're not that dumb.
    Which is why I seriously doubt your veracity on this.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Interestingly CNN rather quickly got that reputation during the House hearings. They tended to cut away for "analysis" nearly always when it was a Republican's turn to speak and then go back to uninterrupted live coverage when it was the Democrat's turn.

I guess this is yet another case of a leftist accusing others of the behavior that his side is engaging in.
    Yesterday, George Staphylococcus was caught on camera signalling to cut away from Jay Sekulow mid interview so he could "analyze" what Trump's defense lawyers were saying.

https://twitter.com/TimJGraham/statu...rump-lawyer%2F
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Extortion comes under the name "abuse of power" where impeachment of a president is concerned, and the act of extortion is detailed in the Articles themselves.
    uh no it doesn't. "Abuse of Power" is not even a crime. If there was an actual crime they would have made a separate article for it.

Soliciting a foriegn country to interfere in U.S. elections is also an abuse of power, though not a crime, and withholding appropriated funds to that end without notifying Congress and giving a reason for the hold is another Abuse of power as well as a crime, a violation of the Impoundment act. All of that is detailed in the articles and is being explained in detail at the trial. And yes, the evidence is overwhelming, should you not be watching.
    All of that is an accusation and an inference of his motives. There is no evidence it is true. And you just admitted it wasn't a crime.

5. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If you want to watch the trial without spin, watch CSPAN - I believe they have no commentary just the video.

7. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    If you want to watch the trial without spin, watch CSPAN - I believe they have no commentary just the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    C-Span. It's where I've been watching, when I watch.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I check the CSPAN live feed whenever I can while at work.

https://www.c-span.org/networks/

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    uh no it doesn't. "Abuse of Power" is not even a crime. If there was an actual crime they would have made a separate article for it.
    If you would just read the Articles, and watch the trial, you would see the extortion, the quid pro quo, the withholding of appropriated aid, to an ally, Ukraine, in order to defend themselves as well as the U.S. from Russian aggression, as well as the lack of any other logical reason for that hold other than to force Zelensky to publicly announce on CNN that the Ukraine was investigating Biden, than to give advantage to the presidents upcoming re-election bid.
    Just saying it isn't in the articles is not an argument being that it is clearly spelled out in detail in both the articles and at trial.
    All of that is an accusation and an inference of his motives. There is no evidence it is true. And you just admitted it wasn't a crime.
    There is overwhelming evidence, and you guys, being that you are unwilling or unable to overcome your bias, obviously have blinders on, so to speak.
    Last edited by JimL; 01-24-2020 at 02:21 PM.

11. Amen Tassman amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If you would just read the Articles, and watch the trial, you would see the extortion, the quid pro quo, the withholding of appropriated aid to an ally Ukraine to do defend themselves as well as the U.S. from Russian aggression, as well as the lack of any other logical reason for it other than to force Zelensky to publicly announce on CNN that the Ukraine was investigating Biden to give advantage the presidents upcoming re-election bid.
    Just saying it isn't in the articles is not an argument being that it is clearly spelled out in detail in both the articles and at trial.

There is overwhelming evidence, and you guys, being that you are unwilling or unable to overcome your bias, obviously have blinders on, so to speak.
    I read the articles. I watched the House Hearings and part of the Trial. No one is charging Trump with the crime of Extortion. Which is an ACTUAL crime with laws against it. Which would be impeachable. The dems, like you, toss out the term with their accusations, but they didn't put it in the Articles nor have they given any actual evidence for it.

13. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I read the articles. I watched the House Hearings and part of the Trial. No one is charging Trump with the crime of Extortion. Which is an ACTUAL crime with laws against it. Which would be impeachable. The dems, like you, toss out the term with their accusations, but they didn't put it in the Articles nor have they given any actual evidence for it.
    And this sham "obstruction" charge --- it was NOT "obstruction of Congress", it was resisting the very partisan attack on the Presidency by only the DEMOCRATS in ONE CHAMBER of Congress, who ignored the THIRD branch of government.

I hope the Republicans get to that in their rebuttals.

(Right now, Sylvia Garcia is decrying Trump's tweets where he blasts the partisan Democrats for the sham prosecution they're running)

15. Amen Bill the Cat, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.