Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Joe Biden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Here's the details, assuming you're genuinely interested and aren't just playing dumb again.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ncts/95363314/

The problem with discovering voting fraud is that Democrats have fought like cornered rats to block any laws and rules that would make voting fraud detectable and preventable (for instance, requiring in-person voting with a government issued photo ID). So in a lot of cases, voting fraud can't be proven simply because the information needed to prove it is never collected, or Democrat controlled election boards refuse to turn over the necessary information to investigate it.

More details about the President's commission, again assuming you're genuinely interested and aren't just playing dumb again.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tion-meddling/

Seriously, this stuff isn't hard to find. I can only assume a lack of interest on your part.
    Funny that you balloon heads believe there's significant voter fraud out there, but you don't think that republicans are guilty of it. Wonder why that would be? The only significant voter fraud out there is republican efforts to suppress the vote. Even Trump knows that if everyone were able to vote, republicans would never win another election. I think that may be one of the reasons why the republican party is fine wih supporting and defending having a dictator in the White House. If he/they achieve their ultimate goal, no ones vote will count anymore.

Comment

• MM, just a heads up. I'm not going to tolerate your argument by weblink loophole where you throw some gratuitous insults or irrelevant opining which fails to capture the relevant points from the article. If you care for me to read what you link to then you need to at least point me in the direction of the relevant points.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Here's the details, assuming you're genuinely interested and aren't just playing dumb again.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ncts/95363314/
      1) Was this found to be the result of voter / election fraud or human error as the article indicated?
      2) I would favor removing / revising the laws which prevent investigation of these issues, as would I think most "on the left."

More details about the President's commission, again assuming you're genuinely interested and aren't just playing dumb again.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tion-meddling/

Seriously, this stuff isn't hard to find. I can only assume a lack of interest on your part.
      The news I heard was that the commission was disbanded after failing to identify anything approximating widespread voter fraud. If you have an article to point me to which indicates that something *other* than that was the outcome I'd be more than happy to read it. I'm not going to pan for gold in the Breitbart latrine.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        To avoid being accused of arguing by weblink I'm going to have to ask to you imagine I inserted a link to the Minor Threat song "Small man, big mouth" here.
        That falls under snarky remark by weblink, which last I checked wasn't against the rules. At least not in and of itself.

Comment

• This is creepy and eye opening

https://twitter.com/kristyswansonxo/...ysXzZCWMUuuytc
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
            I remember awhile ago, long before he ran for president, I started a "Is Joe Biden a pedophile" thread here at tweb, where it showed similar videos of him inappropriately touching girls and it got banned by the mods. It really surprised me and I never understood why, but they said it violated certain guidelines or some such. :shrugs:

Comment

• Dude goes WAY beyond avuncular friendliness, but liberals refuse to see it because they're so desperate to get Trump out of office. The campaign ads are going to be brutal.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Another reason to not vote for Biden, well, the same reason as before actually: He is an idiot.

Biden: “Instead of standing there and teaching a cop, when there’s an unarmed person coming at them with a knife or something, you shoot them in the leg instead of in the heart is a very different thing."

How are you "unarmed" if you have a knife? And shooting them in the LEG? Doh!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-em-in-the-leg

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Another reason to not vote for Biden, well, the same reason as before actually: He is an idiot.

Biden: “Instead of standing there and teaching a cop, when there’s an unarmed person coming at them with a knife or something, you shoot them in the leg instead of in the heart is a very different thing."

To paraphrase Ma Richards.... Poor Joe. He was born with a silver Wingtip Oxford in his mouth.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Another reason to not vote for Biden, well, the same reason as before actually: He is an idiot.

Also, every trained shooter knows you don't try to "wing" someone. If the decision is made to pull the trigger, then you aim for the largest body mass with the intent to kill. Aiming for "non-vital body parts" only happens in the movies.

Comment

Also, every trained shooter knows you don't try to "wing" someone. If the decision is made to pull the trigger, then you aim for the largest body mass with the intent to kill. Aiming for "non-vital body parts" only happens in the movies.
                      My only contention with that is that, in police work, it is NEVER supposed to be "with intent to kill" but "with intent to stop". If that results in a dead person, so be it, but yeah - NEVER "shoot him in the leg" or "shoot the gun out of his hand".

If you happen to be in a situation where there are other people around, it's FAR less injurious to innocent bystanders to shoot "center mass" than it is to risk missing by trying to hit an arm or leg. Even if you managed to hit the arm or leg, the bullet would likely continue traveling on and could hit an innocent bystander.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        To paraphrase Ma Richards.... Poor Joe. He can't hep it... He was born with a silver Wingtip Oxford in his mouth.

(revised my paraphrased quote)

Comment

My only contention with that is that, in police work, it is NEVER supposed to be "with intent to kill" but "with intent to stop". If that results in a dead person, so be it, but yeah - NEVER "shoot him in the leg" or "shoot the gun out of his hand".

If you happen to be in a situation where there are other people around, it's FAR less injurious to innocent bystanders to shoot "center mass" than it is to risk missing by trying to hit an arm or leg. Even if you managed to hit the arm or leg, the bullet would likely continue traveling on and could hit an innocent bystander.
                          Speaking of shooting the gun out of his hand, I saw a video where a sniper did exactly that to end a hostage standoff. The man was holding a woman and waving a gun in the air, and a sniper literally shot the gun out of his hand as the other officers rushed in to secure him. Of course that was an extraordinary situation.

Comment

It is, once again, a choice of the evil of two lessers.

Look, we know who Trump is, and an election is coming .... the fact that the Democrats can't do any better than Uncle Joe BIDEN is..... staggering.
                            It's not that they can't do any better: the Dem primary voters wanted Biden.

He wasn't my first choice. I would rather have gone Klobuchar or Harris or Buttigieg; I liked both Steyer and Bloomberg. I was even hoping that some moderate non-Dem challenger would make a substantive mark, like John Kasich, etc.

Comment

Aiming at their crotch could be a deterrent.

Comment

Not to mention, if someone is coming at you with a knife, you don't have time to aim at moving legs, or arms. And wounding them might not even stop them. It only takes a second to cross a room with a knife and stab someone. Heck you might not have time to get off a shot at all if your gun isn't already drawn.

Comment