Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Joe Biden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Bernie is falling behind.

Come at me "Corn Pop" you lying dog-faced pony soldier!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The Democrat party stopped him again.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• "They tell me there’s ways we can do teleconferencing via us all being in different locations."
        -Joe Biden, 2020

Welcome to the 21st century, Joe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          We were doing it around 1995-96.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Why is Sanders clinging on and endangering the chances of Professor Joe Biden?
            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Why is Sanders clinging on and endangering the chances of Professor Joe Biden?
              Bernie's betting on Biden's mental health issue. The chances of Joe finishing the race before June without some irrefutable evidence he has serious health issues is becoming slimmer and slimmer, even though his campaign is doing all they can to keep him out of the public eye as much as they can.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                Bernie's betting on Biden's mental health issue. The chances of Joe finishing the race before June without some irrefutable evidence he has serious health issues is becoming slimmer and slimmer, even though his campaign is doing all they can to keep him out of the public eye as much as they can.
                He had a series of disastrous live interviews recently. On The View, when responding to a question about finding a cure for the Chinese coronavirus, he said something like, "We must focus on the cure first because that will just make things worse!" On another show, he stammered out an answer that was critical of Trump and then hung his head and said, "No, that was a stupid way to put it," leading to a long, awkward silence. When the host prompted him to continue, he responded, "No, I better stop talking," leading to another long, awkward silence. Then on CNN, Biden coughed into his hand, and Jake Tapper chastised him like he was a child: "That's not how you're supposed to do it, Mr. Vice President. You should cough into your elbow."

Immediately afterwards, the Biden campaign announced that they were postponing an upcoming online press briefing. I wonder why?

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elect...v-appearances/

Comment

Bernie drops out!
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Yep... Joe did what was needed, which was derail Bernie's momentum. Now look for the Democrat party to quietly pressure Joe to drop out so that they can coronate the candidate of their choosing.

Comment

Yep... Joe did what was needed, which was derail Bernie's momentum. Now look for the Democrat party to quietly pressure Joe to drop out so that they can coronate the candidate of their choosing.
                      Joe's going to have a "medical issue". I'm calling it now...
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yep... Joe did what was needed, which was derail Bernie's momentum. Now look for the Democrat party to quietly pressure Joe to drop out so that they can coronate the candidate of their choosing.
                        Might be less messy if they get to pick a VP they want and then he goes away once he's already sworn in.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          Might be less messy if they get to pick a VP they want and then he goes away once he's already sworn in.
                          Which would mean Joe would have to go the distance with Trump, and I'm pretty sure he's not up to it. He can't even get through a short, softball TV interview without confusing himself. Can you imagine him trying to debate Trump? The DNC's best hope at this point is to get Joe out of the way as quickly as possible.

Comment

Actually the African American community, S. Carolina, derailed Bernies campaign, which probably had more to do with Bidens connection to Obama than it had to do with Bernie. But the fact that you don't like Biden isn't matched by the Democrat party, and I think your prediction concerning the party's plans is as foolhardy a prediction as it's source. If Biden is smart, in my opinion, he'll select E. Warren as his VP. Yeah, I know, I know, you conservatives hate Warren, but progressives love her, and her being on the ticket would solidify the democrat constituency.
                            Last edited by JimL; 04-08-2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              Joe's going to have a "medical issue". I'm calling it now...
                              Wishful thinking, Bill?

Comment

• Does anybody actually know what the legal mechanisms are should a candidate drop out with regards to a medical issue?

There was a high profile election in Missouri a couple decades ago where a candidate died before the election but could not be removed from the ballot because there was no legal mechanism for doing so, and he still won.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment