Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Joe Biden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Interestingly CNN rather quickly got that reputation during the House hearings. They tended to cut away for "analysis" nearly always when it was a Republican's turn to speak and then go back to uninterrupted live coverage when it was the Democrat's turn.

I guess this is yet another case of a leftist accusing others of the behavior that his side is engaging in.
    Well, I don't know about CNN, but perhaps you should switch to msnbc who aired the entire trial without interuption. That way you could think for yourself if you still have that capacity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      So, now you're telling us that YOU watch Fox News?
      I keep my eye on the propagandist to see what they're up to. I repeatedly swithched over to FOX to see what they were doing and they weren't actually airing the trial, they had a silent picture of the trial going on while they told their audience what boring nonsense it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Well, I don't know about CNN, but perhaps you should switch to msnbc who aired the entire trial without interuption. That way you could think for yourself if you still have that capacity.
        I just turned the tv on. Fox News was broadcasting Chuckles Schumer's press conference statement to the Majority. CNN was Wolf Blitzer commentary on the trial, and MSNBC had Chris Matthews was commenting on Schiff's closing.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Fox has a ticker up saying live broadcast of the trial will resume at 1PM EST.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I keep my eye on the propagandist to see what they're up to. I repeatedly swithched over to FOX to see what they were doing and they weren't actually airing the trial, they had a silent picture of the trial going on while they told their audience what boring nonsense it was.
            I'll bet.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              I just turned the tv on. Fox News was broadcasting Chuckles Schumer's press conference statement to the Majority. CNN was Wolf Blitzer commentary on the trial, and MSNBC had Chris Matthews was commenting on Schiff's closing.
              And your point is?

Comment

And your point is?
                Just to let you know that Fox wasn't doing anything the others weren't doing. None of the networks broadcast the entire thing. All took breaks to editorialize.
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Just to let you know that Fox wasn't doing anything the others weren't doing. None of the networks broadcast the entire thing. All took breaks to editorialize.
                  C-Span. It's where I've been watching, when I watch.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wrong once again. I watched the entire trial on msnbc and they didn't break for anything, including commercials.

Comment

Wrong once again. I watched the entire trial on msnbc and they didn't break for anything, including commercials.
                      Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      I repeatedly swithched over to FOX to see what they were doing and they weren't actually airing the trial, they had a silent picture of the trial going on while they told their audience what boring nonsense it was.
                      Which is the truth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Which is the truth?
                        C'mon CP, you're not that dumb.

Comment

C'mon CP, you're not that dumb.
                          Which is why I seriously doubt your veracity on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Interestingly CNN rather quickly got that reputation during the House hearings. They tended to cut away for "analysis" nearly always when it was a Republican's turn to speak and then go back to uninterrupted live coverage when it was the Democrat's turn.

I guess this is yet another case of a leftist accusing others of the behavior that his side is engaging in.
                            Yesterday, George Staphylococcus was caught on camera signalling to cut away from Jay Sekulow mid interview so he could "analyze" what Trump's defense lawyers were saying.

https://twitter.com/TimJGraham/statu...rump-lawyer%2F
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Extortion comes under the name "abuse of power" where impeachment of a president is concerned, and the act of extortion is detailed in the Articles themselves.
                              uh no it doesn't. "Abuse of Power" is not even a crime. If there was an actual crime they would have made a separate article for it.

Soliciting a foriegn country to interfere in U.S. elections is also an abuse of power, though not a crime, and withholding appropriated funds to that end without notifying Congress and giving a reason for the hold is another Abuse of power as well as a crime, a violation of the Impoundment act. All of that is detailed in the articles and is being explained in detail at the trial. And yes, the evidence is overwhelming, should you not be watching.
                              All of that is an accusation and an inference of his motives. There is no evidence it is true. And you just admitted it wasn't a crime.

Comment

• If you want to watch the trial without spin, watch CSPAN - I believe they have no commentary just the video.

Comment