Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Joe Biden thread

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    I understand what the logical start to his speech would have been. Here's two ways off the top of my head he could have made the point much more clearly and I'm not even a typical showman

1) Wish everyone a Merry / Beautiful Christmas and then comment on how nice it is to hear those words again instead of HH
    2) Start saying HH and then interrupt himself and switch to talking about bringing Christmas back

At best he totally flubbed his warm up lines. The fact that you and demi won't even concede that much tells me all I need to know.

The video is cut there because everyone already knows what he's going to talk about next and the relevant part already happened. If you think there is more context which changes a one word of what I've written link me and I'll admit amend what I've said.

I'll give you N:1 odds that Trump doesn't participate in any general election debates. He's already setting up for that by saying he'll participate if the debates "are fair." Weren't they fair last time?
    You're describing a polished politician. Trump ain't a polished politician. It's a sign of a character flaw. It's a goofy act he puts on during speeches where he constantly rambles off the cuff in different directions. We've seen it before. If you want to assume a medical condition off of one edited clip, have at it. And I'll take that bet. Trump wouldn't refuse a debate with Biden when that's obviously his strong suit and would be seen as a clear sign to the entire nation that he's scared. No way would his fragile ego tolerate that.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    The point you are missing so well is that he wants to wish people a great Christmas, but interrupts himself to make a point about what he's done. What the PC saying is irrelevant. It's not about a 'reversal' which you are fixated on, it's about how great he's done.

I don't care if he flubbed up, Trump speaks off the cuff all the time and naturally that comes with a share of mistakes. You assuming he's demented then backtracking and hedging is the really sad part.
    Did you not think I'd notice your edit removing your reference to "happy holidays"? Who's backtracking now, slick? I'm giving you a timeout without your binky.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    You're describing a polished politician. Trump ain't a polished politician.
    Do you have any idea how much public speaking experience Trump has? I don't but only because I can't count that high.

It's a sign of a character flaw. It's a goofy act he puts on during speeches where he constantly rambles off the cuff in different directions.
    An act... riiiiight. It's all a ploy to make us *think* he's enfeebled. You saw the drubbing the Republicans suffered in 2018 and realize he needs to pick up new voters this time around, don't you?

We've seen it before. If you want to assume a medical condition off of one edited clip, have at it.
    When I have a chance I will try to track down a few more examples and we can have a look in another thread if you'd care to. I didn't start out convinced that this was the case just like I didn't start out convinced that McCain had a brain tumor even though some raised the possibility.

And I'll take that bet. Trump wouldn't refuse a debate with Biden when that's obviously his strong suit and would be seen as a clear sign to the entire nation that he's scared. No way would his fragile ego tolerate that.
    Ok. Since we're probably not allowed to bet money on here how about you suggest something pointless to do to our signatures / avatars down the line. But because now it looks like I'm "backtracking" if you really want to bet money then private message me and we'll work something out like one of us gives a few $ to wikipedia or something.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Do you have any idea how much public speaking experience Trump has? I don't but only because I can't count that high.

An act... riiiiight. It's all a ploy to make us *think* he's enfeebled. You saw the drubbing the Republicans suffered in 2018 and realize he needs to pick up new voters this time around, don't you?

When I have a chance I will try to track down a few more examples and we can have a look in another thread if you'd care to. I didn't start out convinced that this was the case just like I didn't start out convinced that McCain had a brain tumor even though some raised the possibility.

Ok. Since we're probably not allowed to bet money on here how about you suggest something pointless to do to our signatures / avatars down the line. But because now it looks like I'm "backtracking" if you really want to bet money then private message me and we'll work something out like one of us gives a few $ to wikipedia or something.
    I have no idea what your on about. I just said the dude puts on a goofy character during speeches, not because of any sort of ploy but because he's a goofy dude.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

5. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's the usual nonsense.

Fake News: 'Take this seriously!!!!!'
    TDS-afflicted: 'Yessss...it is serious Normal people, don't you agree!?!??!'
    Normal people: 'No.'
    TDS-afflicted: meltdown
    . Bloomberg, by comparison, may be the candidate that most of the Founders hoped would arise: a wealthy patrician, much like them, who would use his vast resources and influence to defeat what he views as disruptive elements in the nationís political system.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's the usual nonsense.

Fake News: 'Take this seriously!!!!!'
    TDS-afflicted: 'Yessss...it is serious Normal people, don't you agree!?!??!'
    Normal people: 'No.'
    TDS-afflicted: meltdown
    I'm not the one who edited his post to surreptitiously clean up his mistake. But do tell me about how I'm the one arguing in bad faith.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Are you high again on DMX or whatever it's called?
    . Bloomberg, by comparison, may be the candidate that most of the Founders hoped would arise: a wealthy patrician, much like them, who would use his vast resources and influence to defeat what he views as disruptive elements in the nationís political system.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Are you high again on DMX or whatever it's called?
    Yes, I inject gangsta rappers into my veins then go online and troll Christians. I told you I was hardcore.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes, I inject gangsta rappers into my veins then go online and troll Christians. I told you I was hardcore.
    Okay. Don't ever post in my threads again.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Lots of buzz about Peter Schweizer's new book titled Profiles in Corruption that documents how the Biden family used their connections with Vice President Joe and the Obama administration to enrich themselves.

Notably, the book is thoroughly vetted with over 1000 end notes and no unnamed sources, so liberals won't believe a word of it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra