Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Joe Biden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I'm still predicting that Joe will drop out before the convention, or the Democrats will push him out and pick the nominee of their choosing. Joe was simply the tool they used to end Bernie's chances. I don't think anybody seriously expected him to be able to go the distance with Trump.
    I can only hope that's their strategy, but they've disappointed me so much I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was their best effort.

Comment

• Michelle Obama has been in the media spotlight of late, and the timing is a bit suspicious. She's apparently working some sort of "arrangement" to endorse Biden. I don't know why she can't just come out and endorse him like her husband, but has to make it so formal. Kind of sounds like deal making.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Michelle Obama has been in the media spotlight of late, and the timing is a bit suspicious. She's apparently working some sort of "arrangement" to endorse Biden. I don't know why she can't just come out and endorse him like her husband, but has to make it so formal. Kind of sounds like deal making.
        maybe she is gunning for VP.

Comment

Michelle Obama has been in the media spotlight of late, and the timing is a bit suspicious. She's apparently working some sort of "arrangement" to endorse Biden. I don't know why she can't just come out and endorse him like her husband, but has to make it so formal. Kind of sounds like deal making.
          Barack didn't exactly "come out and endorse" Biden, either.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'm still predicting that Joe will drop out before the convention, or the Democrats will push him out and pick the nominee of their choosing. Joe was simply the tool they used to end Bernie's chances. I don't think anybody seriously expected him to be able to go the distance with Trump.
            I think Joe thinks he can go the distance with Trump.

Personally even before coronavirus, I had decided I can not support Joe because he just doesn't seem to grasp how China has changed in the last 30 years. I even went to his campaign website and couldn't find anything specific about China. We need a new China policy and I can't see Joe providing it.
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
              I think Joe thinks he can go the distance with Trump.

Personally even before coronavirus, I had decided I can not support Joe because he just doesn't seem to grasp how China has changed in the last 30 years. I even went to his campaign website and couldn't find anything specific about China. We need a new China policy and I can't see Joe providing it.
              It's not that Joe doesn't understand how China has changed, it's that he and his son are in China's back pocket.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/10/6-fact...ings-in-china/

Comment

• Biden says he'd pick Michelle Obama as running mate " in a heartbeat".

It's like there's already a train wreck on the tracks, and then another train crashes into it!

Comment

• Whoa, this is interesting...

A 1993 video has surfaced that appears to show the mother of Tara Reade, the former aide to Joe Biden who has accused him of sexual assault, talking about "problems" her daughter faced on CNN’s "Larry King Live."

As first reported by the Intercept, an unnamed woman from San Luis Obispo, California, called into King's show and said, "I’m wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington? My daughter has just left there, after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him."

Reade confirmed to POLITICO it was her mother's voice.

King asked the woman, “She had a story to tell but, out of respect for the person she worked for, she didn’t tell it?"

The caller replied, "That's true."
                  Wonder if the Dems will keep ignoring this NOW?

Comment

• There's no way to prove it's her mother's voice, so they still have plausible deniability.

Comment

There's no way to prove it's her mother's voice, so they still have plausible deniability.
                      Tara's already confirmed that it was her. I don't see how they could possibly ignore her now. Besides, if you're right about DNC wanting to replace Biden, this would be their best excuse ever.

ETA: According to her tweet, she claims she told reporters about it beforehand (I guess that's how they knew it was out there?). If that's true, then that pretty much seals it.
                      Last edited by seanD; 04-25-2020, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Tara's already confirmed that it was her. I don't see how they could possibly ignore her now. Besides, if you're right about DNC wanting to replace Biden, this would be their best excuse ever.

ETA: According to her tweet, she claims she told reporters about it beforehand (I guess that's how they knew it was out there?). If that's true, then that pretty much seals it.
                        The Intercept apparently broke the story and confirms that Reade mentioned the LK clip during an interview...

In interviews with The Intercept, Reade also mentioned that her mother had made a phone call to “Larry King Live” on CNN, during which she made reference to her daughter’s experience on Capitol Hill. Reade told The Intercept that her mother called in asking for advice after Reade, then in her 20s, left Biden’s office. “I remember it being an anonymous call and her saying my daughter was sexually harassed and retaliated against and fired, where can she go for help? I was mortified,” Reade told me.

Reade couldn’t remember the date or the year of the phone call, and King didn’t include the names of callers on his show. I was unable to find the call, but mentioned it in an interview with Katie Halper, the podcast host who first aired Reade’s allegation. After the podcast aired, a listener managed to find the call and sent it to The Intercept.
                        Ouch. This should be interesting.

Comment

• And it begins...

Biden's accuser says mother called into 'Larry King Live' in 1993 for advice after alleged sexual assault

Comment

You're acting like Democrats are fair and rational. They've ignored decades of video and photographic evidence of Handsy Joe literally caught in the act, so what makes you think this will change their minds?

Comment

You're acting like Democrats are fair and rational. They've ignored decades of video and photographic evidence of Handsy Joe literally caught in the act, so what makes you think this will change their minds?
                              I'm giving you props here. You called it. You said they'd find a way to remove Biden and insert another candidate. I figured there's no possible way they're going to allow this man on a stage in a general contest, where it's much more aggressive and direct, and look like total fools for basically backing an invalid. I just didn't know how they would achieve it without making it look obviously pre-planned or without looking like they're belittling Biden because of his health. This is it!

Comment

• I'm starting to doubt my prediction only because the Democrats and their media allies seem intent on ignoring this story.

Comment