Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Reserved Parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoplifters? Get police to the door ASAP.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Do you beat people in real life?

When you suddenly can't walk see what happens to your weight!
      I don't doubt that there are people who gain weight because they can't walk, but it's also true that many people can't walk because they allowed themselves to get so fat that their knees couldn't carry them anymore.

The street runs both ways - yes, weight can cause mobility issues but mobility issues can also cause excessive weight gain.
      Obviously.

I went from able to walk up a staircase carrying 50lbs of dog food to can't walk at all without crutches in a single day and I never have regained the ability to walk around Walmart. I did good this week - been out in the yard every day and to the gate twice - which would have been nothing a few years ago but hurts now.
      I have my own war stories of immobility.

Think it's so danged easy - try a severe arthritis attack in a knee sometime.
      Been there, done that, got the walker.

Now, please, go find somebody else to whack on the head.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Keep in mind that accidentally amening a post that you were trying to report is known around here as "doing a C.P." (Cow Poke)
        Been a while since I've done that.... I'm a slacker!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Do you beat people in real life?
          No, where's the fun in that?

I don't doubt that there are people who gain weight because they can't walk, but it's also true that many people can't walk because they allowed themselves to get so fat that their knees couldn't carry them anymore.
          And you know which is which when judging them?
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            Shoplifters? Get police to the door ASAP.
            Neighborhoods don't degrade in one fell swoop. It's drip by drip.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Been a while since I've done that.... I'm a slacker!
              I got your back brudder. You can practice right here

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No, where's the fun in that?

I tend to look for clues like walkers, crutches and the like with them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't judge. I inspect fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I tend to look for clues like walkers, crutches and the like with them.
                    I usually have my cane with me but not always. Just because I can get in without it doesn't mean I can walk around the whole store.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

And there are some folks who are just FAT, and ride the carts and use the special parking.....

Don't get me started!!!!
                      My brother wanted me to use those carts when I went shopping with him after I got out of the hospital. I had no stamina and would get tired after about walking 200 feet. But I refused. I didn't want to look handicapped. So I would walk 200 feet, lean against something for 5 minutes to catch my breath and then walk some more.

I needed the exercise anyway.
                      Last edited by Sparko; 12-09-2019, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Running a marathon is not a training regime. I make a point to shop at DG so I have to walk - but Walmart is way too big for me to do that. Walking from one door to the other for a cart hurts - a lot.
                        I can sympathize. I had my back out a few times in my life and I have to shuffle walk when it happens; very slowly and painfully.

Walmart Grocery .com. Walmart also offers in store pick up and delivery. Walmart .com has free delivery for most orders over $35.

He still needs it renewed. Sometimes you need to go in (Wally World or elsewhere) - and eventually you have to go in when you're having a really bad day. On good days, just don't use the placard.
                        He will eventually acknowledge reality, I'm sure.

Comment

Update:

I complained to the Walmart corporate office about it. They sent my complaint to the local store, and the manager called me about it. I was impressed with the promptness of it but not with the results. The manager basically said he wasn't going to change anything. His reasoning was that when the police need to show up urgently that they had parked in the fire zone, and this was to keep their vehicles out of that area.

That excuse would make sense if the store was often on fire, but it's not. If there is ever a shoplifter/fire event that requires both departments respond at the same time, I'm sure no one would complain if the cops parked in the handicapped spaces.

Comment

Well...in my town we get daily police blotters on FB. It's a RARE day that doesn't have at least one incident report at the address that is otherwise known as the WalMart SuperStore. They probably would benefit from dedicated squad parking slots. 😝.

Re electric carts: don't be foolish about not using them. They were lifesavers for me when I had major surgery. I'd been crumpled in pain from all that walking...on the outside I looked fine. Wasn't going to show the metal zipper up my tummy area to justify use of the cart. I do look at users that look fine or very overweight but I remind myself to mind my business...I know better.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              My brother wanted me to use those carts when I went shopping with him after I got out of the hospital. I had no stamina and would get tired after about walking 200 feet. But I refused. I didn't want to look handicapped. So I would walk 200 feet, lean against something for 5 minutes to catch my breath and then walk some more.

I needed the exercise anyway.

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment