Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nancy Pelosi's hostage video

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Nancy Pelosi's hostage video

Nancy Pelosi's hostage video

This column is hilarious. As Mrs CP and I were watching Nancy's "speech", I told my wife "she kinda reminds me of a POW who is forced to give a confession, but is trying to signal it's not real".

Sadly, she also seemed a bit depressed and confused.

nancy.jpg

These are hard times for anyone trying to cling to a shred of sanity in politics. The lying, the distortion, the projection, the dual personalities, the anxiety, the obsessive-compulsive disorder and the schizophrenia.

Mental illness is real and it is on full display in Washington every single day the past three years since the unthinkable travesty has befallen our fair federal city along the sliding Potomac River.

But what we saw Thursday was so much more than just mental illness.

Mrs. Pelosi escaped from her cult and stepped before the cameras in one of the most extraordinary hostage videos ever shown on live television.

“When in the course of human events,” the House speaker began, staring vacantly into nothingness. She blinked. And blinked again as if to send a message without alerting her captors. But what was she trying to signal?

“When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another.” Stare. Blink. Chew....

There was no "fire" or "dogged determination"... more like "OK, I have to present this......"
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What's ironic is that the Democrats had been billing it as a big speech about impeachment and she made it clear that she really wanted to talk about something else. Anything else.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    She's been against the idea of any sort of impeachment all along. Probably buys into the notion that doing an impeachment hurts the party that does it.

But the evidence against Trump is so overwhelming she's been left with no choice. She doesn't seem happy about it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    She's been against the idea of any sort of impeachment all along. Probably buys into the notion that doing an impeachment hurts the party that does it.

But the evidence against Trump is so overwhelming she's been left with no choice. She doesn't seem happy about it.
    Yup. A string of people repeating the same bit of unsubstantiated gossip that actually flies in the face of the demonstrable facts is "overwhelming."

And Stalin was a right winger.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Yup. A string of people repeating the same bit of unsubstantiated gossip that actually flies in the face of the demonstrable facts is "overwhelming."

And Stalin was a right winger.
    Liberals seem to have a "quantity over quality" standard of evidence, at least when it comes to Trump.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    She wanted to convey a air of somberness, I guess. but it came across as confused. She looked like she had been hitting the bottle to me.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post

If it's so overwhelming, why do they need focus groups to help explain it?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    She wanted to convey a air of somberness, I guess. but it came across as confused. She looked like she had been hitting the bottle to me.
    My daughter, a hospice and palliative care nurse, says it looks like she's on anti-tremor meds.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    My daughter, a hospice and palliative care nurse, says it looks like she's on anti-tremor meds.
    They really need to enforce a retirement age on congress. Or they should need to undergo a medical and psych evaluation every year.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    They really need to enforce a retirement age on congress. Or they should need to undergo a medical and psych evaluation every year.
    Problem being, of course, that "they" would have to be Congress themselves, and they'd never go for that.

By the way, I just saw Nadler declare that the impeachment "facts are not in dispute", before chairing the committee where the facts are, indeed, in dispute. He's nutty, too.

As one of the Republicans objected - Nancy has already given the green light to impeachment articles, so why do the Democrats continue to hold hearings?